Jim Rome, Moron | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Rome, Moron

phinsforever said:
I have to agree with Rome on this one. I find his show obnoxious, trite and boring, but he is speaking the truth on this issue. A lot of fans are willing to overlook Ricky's history but I am not. Not because of bitterness, but because I feel that he could cause more harm to the organisation than good. I've posted this opinion several times, so suffice it to say, that I feel the potential risk is greater than the potential reward.
The only problem I see is that he may be a "cancer" to the team. But if he were to leave us again, it wouldn't screw us over like it did this past season.

M359 said:
No, he is an idiot because he doesn't think before he speaks and his so called "opinions" are only there to make everyone mad.
so he's an idiot b'c he hurt your feelings..maybe when u hit puberty you will man up a lil bit

tucker said:
so he's an idiot b'c he hurt your feelings..maybe when u hit puberty you will man up a lil bit
Look, it was just my opinion. Now I'm going to be the bigger man and ignore that comment OK?

M359 said:
Look, it was just my opinion. Now I'm going to be the bigger man and ignore that comment OK?
so how is your opinion better than his? EXACTLY...think b4 you type next time thanks;)

M359 said:
The only problem I see is that he may be a "cancer" to the team. But if he were to leave us again, it wouldn't screw us over like it did this past season.
Being a cancer on the team is not a small problem. It's an unfortunate analogy because of the seriousness and pain that cancer causes in humans, but metaphorically the term is apt in describing the spread of something negative. If Williams returns it will attract an enormous amount of media attention- attention that can only distract the team. Saban's job will become significantly harder. I would assume that Ricky's departure last year engendered a lot of ill will. I find it hard to believe that all the players are over it. The cohesion of a team is dependent on trust. When your star player unexpectedly abandons the team for specious reason, leaving you high and dry, and you go on to have the worst season in recent team history, I can't imagine that you are going to embrace that player back with open arms.
I think that Ricky is counting on the fact that others on the team share his short term memory loss.

ohall said:
Well any way there is a huge difference. And you totally ignored the reason why Ricky quit. He didn't want to deal with his drug addiction and consequence suspension in public. I forgot again, Dillion quit a week before training camp to retire to smoke pot in India while running away from public scrutiny to his obvious drug addiction and suspension due to pot.

Now I'm sure you post something else that will excuse and sugar coat his actions.

LOL, I see you yourself lack comprehension skills.

I have never once excused his actions. I have always called him a quitter. There are alot of factors however that wieghed on his decision. If you refer to me sugar coating it as opposed to just laying out the facts then I guess you are right. I will speak the facts and you could go on with your obvious bias opinion.

Do you deny that he and Wanny both publically stated that he would have stayed if he got a new contract and less carries? Do you deny it? Funny, ESPN and the news reporters would disagree with you.

Do you deny that over 2 months ago he claims to have stopped smoking pot and after losing and now owing money( Both Phins and Child suppoer)he said
he has matured and learned alot these last few months. He realized he was selfish and hurt the Phin? Funny cause once again Saban, the Phins, ESPN and the reporters will once again disagree with you.

Have you ever made a mistake or are you a saint. The fact is that Williams made one mistake. Are we too chastise him for 1 mistake? Are you so perfect, naive, ignorant and childish to say that you in your life have never done anything wrong or needed forgiveness.

I state again quitting is quitting. Whether to smoke pot or because you are selfish.

Is it any more reasonable for someone to quit because they are stubborn and a cry baby as opposed to smoke weed? Is it really?

Please explain the difference between Dillon and Williams other then what you have stated. They both quit for selfish reasons. The Phins were able to get a RB to replace him. Explain please in detail why it is a HUGE difference.

You see I am more then happy to give actual facts and reasons why I am willing to forgive him and say he deserves a second chance. I am not blind and realize that the only reason he quit was not to smoke pot.

Do you know anyone like Ricky?Do you know anyone that has his mental disorder? If you do you will realize that there are many factors, physically, mentally and psychologically that make them the way they are. Do you deny that?

Face it. You are just as stubborn and selfish as he is. I will say you quit on Ricky just like he quit on the team. You don't sit there and forget the charities and all the good he did for the team and community. Why? Because he left the team and decided to go be happy for whatever reason?

HE MADE ONE MISTAKE. You are childish and naive to say that he doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.

So do you care to offer me actual reasoning for your opinion now or do you plan to just back it up with " He quit on the team. There is a huge difference" ?

Can you fully trust the guy? No you cant. But you sure can give the man a 2nd chance to prove himself.

I would hate to know you personally if all it takes is one mistake for you to give up on them.:shakeno:

ohall said:
As far as I know Ricky tested positive for using pot several times by the NFL. He said on the record he quit to smoke pot whenever he wanted to, he was tired of hiding it. He quit a job that paid him big $.

Assumptions, where?

Are those the only reasons he left?

Was he embarrassed about the failed drug tests and simply "ran away" instead of dealing with the media?

Was he happy with DW`s appointment of a "puppet OC" who he could control the strings and enforce his own conservative philosophy?

Was he happy being paid about HALF of what a top 5 RB in the NFL makes?

Was he emotionally unstable due to his abrupt Paxil withdraw?

Was he feeling physically drained after an NFL RECORD setting workload the previous two seasons?

Was he.......Ill just stop.

The above are all reasons he has given as well.

Maybe it was the combination of them all? Who knows.

But to sit here and say "RW quit to smoke pot" is entirely misleading and anyone following closely knows that.

GRYPHONK said:
LOL, I see you yourself lack comprehension skills.

I have never once excused his actions. I have always called him a quitter. There are alot of factors however that wieghed on his decision. If you refer to me sugar coating it as opposed to just laying out the facts then I guess you are right. I will speak the facts and you could go on with your obvious bias opinion.

Do you deny that he and Wanny both publically stated that he would have stayed if he got a new contract and less carries? Do you deny it? Funny, ESPN and the news reporters would disagree with you.

Do you deny that over 2 months ago he claims to have stopped smoking pot and after losing and now owing money( Both Phins and Child suppoer)he said
he has matured and learned alot these last few months. He realized he was selfish and hurt the Phin? Funny cause once again Saban, the Phins, ESPN and the reporters will once again disagree with you.

Have you ever made a mistake or are you a saint. The fact is that Williams made one mistake. Are we too chastise him for 1 mistake? Are you so perfect, naive, ignorant and childish to say that you in your life have never done anything wrong or needed forgiveness.

I state again quitting is quitting. Whether to smoke pot or because you are selfish.

Is it any more reasonable for someone to quit because they are stubborn and a cry baby as opposed to smoke weed? Is it really?

Please explain the difference between Dillon and Williams other then what you have stated. They both quit for selfish reasons. The Phins were able to get a RB to replace him. Explain please in detail why it is a HUGE difference.

You see I am more then happy to give actual facts and reasons why I am willing to forgive him and say he deserves a second chance. I am not blind and realize that the only reason he quit was not to smoke pot.

Do you know anyone like Ricky?Do you know anyone that has his mental disorder? If you do you will realize that there are many factors, physically, mentally and psychologically that make them the way they are. Do you deny that?

Face it. You are just as stubborn and selfish as he is. I will say you quit on Ricky just like he quit on the team. You don't sit there and forget the charities and all the good he did for the team and community. Why? Because he left the team and decided to go be happy for whatever reason?

HE MADE ONE MISTAKE. You are childish and naive to say that he doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.

So do you care to offer me actual reasoning for your opinion now or do you plan to just back it up with " He quit on the team. There is a huge difference" ?

Can you fully trust the guy? No you cant. But you sure can give the man a 2nd chance to prove himself.

I would hate to know you personally if all it takes is one mistake for you to give up on them.:shakeno:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Jim Rome is awesome, I listen to his show whenever I can and he's right about Ricky. I can't believe the poll on this website is 80-20 welcoming Ricky back. I hope most of that 80% is welcoming him back so we can trade his ***. Cancerrrrrrrrr!!! Look at T.O and Moss, those freaking teams were so dysfunctional. Then you have the anti-cancers, the Pats, who's players buy into everything and they win 3 SB's in 4 years. That speaks for itself. I don't agree with everything Rome says (his rants on how the Phins ruined his hope for witnessing an 0-16 season hurt, but we deserved it. Other than the crack backs on the best QB of all time he knows what he's talking about and players respect him, that's why he gets the interviews.

HVACservice said:
Are those the only reasons he left?

Maybe it was the combination of them all? Who knows.

But to sit here and say "RW quit to smoke pot" is entirely misleading and anyone following closely knows that.

that was a good post, HVAC. i'm not trying to take one side or another in the argument, but we often try to take complicated issues and decisions and oversimplify them by saying there is one reason behind it. if i can only find one reason to do something, i don't do it. of course, you could come up with a hypothetical (a life-threatening situation or whatever), but life is a lot more complicated than it becomes once it's watered down for mass consumption.

p.s. not a big rome fan. i love how he was hyping ryan leaf over peyton manning. i know he wasn't the only one, but he was going off on long, intense anti-manning rants and it was annoying (and i wasn't even a manning fan). he's just there to start controversy. and it has nothing to do with my security as a person or anything, i'm just not into that type of entertainment. i actually like his interviews, because players answer his questions. the editorializing, however, is pure sensationalism.

i do think the ricky thing is somewhat risky, but i think we're all underestimating saban's ability to PLAN for certain events to happen. you can bet he has a plan for if it works out and he has a plan for if it doesn't work out. and he has a plan for if it works out a certain way, etc... that's what a person labelled (rightly or wrongly) as a control freak does: he (or she) makes plans which assure that surprises won't take away their precious control.

the team obviously didn't have a lot of contingency plans last year. a lot of things needed to break a certain way in order for the team to be successful. a lot of things broke in exactly the wrong way. anyway, rome would be correct if wanny were still the coach. he's not. saban has said about boston: "either he does things the way we want, or he's not going to be here. what's the risk?" when the coach truly has control of a team, the greatest risk of the so-called "high risk" player lies with the player himself.

finnyboy002 said:
Jim Rome is awesome, I listen to his show whenever I can and he's right about Ricky. I can't believe the poll on this website is 80-20 welcoming Ricky back. I hope most of that 80% is welcoming him back so we can trade his ***. Cancerrrrrrrrr!!! Look at T.O and Moss, those freaking teams were so dysfunctional. Then you have the anti-cancers, the Pats, who's players buy into everything and they win 3 SB's in 4 years. That speaks for itself. I don't agree with everything Rome says (his rants on how the Phins ruined his hope for witnessing an 0-16 season hurt, but we deserved it. Other than the crack backs on the best QB of all time he knows what he's talking about and players respect him, that's why he gets the interviews.

T.O. and Moss did not retire and ruin a teams season. If Ricky would've decided to retire in March rather than July it's a totally different scenario, he's looked at like Robert Smith as a person who did not wanna take the physical abuse, but gave his team time to recover. The thing that hurt Ricky was that everytime he would say something, it would make him seem like a fool. Rome is right whether you like him or not, I agree with most people that when Ricky is right he's one of the top 3 RB in the league, but the thing is ya don't know after a year off how good he'll be and whether he's worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom