****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Experience. We're talking about a 3-1 TD:INT ratio like it's a bad thing.

Next do Tom Brady's. Please.
Outliers. You're super good at debating.

Give me just 10 out of the thousands of QBs that went from garbage to great immediately in college that stayed great in the NFL.

Florio is nothing more than a gutless, sh-t-stirring ambulance chaser who turned a glorified rumor blog into nothing more than an aggregate NFL news site with his own idiotic opinions occasionally thrown in. There was a brief period of time before it became famous that PFT had (a few) connections inside locker rooms and could legitimately report on behind the scenes rumors and player opinions. Those days are long gone and now it traffics in nothing more than wholly-unsubstantiated gossip and Florio's own godawful ideas to undermine the spirit and integrity of the game. I don't even have the site bookmarked anymore for my football reading.

100% agree. Not to mention the fact that your comment will be deleted on his site if it presents a logical counter argument.

Give me just 10 out of the thousands of QBs that went from garbage to great immediately in college that stayed great in the NFL.

Your definition of "garbage" is the flaw.

A guy starting for the first time in the SEC, in his first year with a historically underachieving program, having an 16:5 stat line is anything but garbage.

The guy clearly put the work into elevating a stagnant program to it's greatest achievement. Now all of a sudden the program is loaded with talent and that's why he had a 60:6 season.

This kid didn't just show up and put up stats.

He made the two most powerful programs in the country say uncle while making the third most powerful program in the country look foolish for letting him off campus.

As a die hard Ohio State fan, I was slightly relieved we didn't have to face him in the title game. I wanted no part of that ass kicking.

the tua fan is already having trouble sleeping at night and now this...
i dont think its likely because the price will simply be too high. what i do think though is this shows tua is not on their board. it's either burrow or herbert.

That didn’t happen in college did it? What suggests that in the nfl. Just asking personally I’d hold steady or trade up a little for Tua

the nfl is every college teams best players, the level of athlete isn’t close which is why many struggle at the nfl level who were former college stars. I’m not an expert on Burrow but thatd be my guess is he doesn’t have great arm strength and will struggle to make the same throws he did in college.

Your definition of "garbage" is the flaw.

A guy starting for the first time in the SEC, in his first year with a historically underachieving program, having an 16:5 stat line is anything but garbage.

The guy clearly put the work into elevating a stagnant program to it's greatest achievement. Now all of a sudden the program is loaded with talent and that's why he had a 60:6 season.

This kid didn't just show up and put up stats.

He made the two most powerful programs in the country say uncle while making the third most powerful program in the country look foolish for letting him off campus.

As a die hard Ohio State fan, I was slightly relieved we didn't have to face him in the title game. I wanted no part of that *** kicking.
That's fine, but I still look at it as a chicken or the egg scenario. Joe Brady walks in and the offense goes from pretty bad to unstoppable. How much of an impact did he actually have? Was it really just Joe Burrow taking the biggest leap from one year to the next that I've ever seen?

Don't get me wrong. If I had the #1 overall pick I'd take Joe Burrow, even over Tua, but there's always something itching me the wrong way about him in the back of my head and if he turns out to be a bust or just mediocre in the NFL, I can't say I'd be surprised. Guys with only one year of production are still a gamble, even if the production was outrageous.

Bernie Kosar is the only guy that comes to mind. But no one in history has ever done what Joe Burrow just did. There are a lot of reasons I can think of for the huge jump but I'm sure you don't want to hear them.

I will say there are a lot more QBs who've gone the other way and followed up good seasons with really bad ones...Marino being one of them...Brady Quinn another...and the majority of the time those QBs end up being bad or mediocre in the NFL with a few exceptions. Not really sure why someone would hold a breakout season for a QB as a bad thing. I don't think I've ever seen that as a negative for any other position.

The gap between Tua and Burrow is extremely small compared to the gap between the cost of aquiring one vs the other... Just stick to the cheaper of the 2... Dont overthink this.
The problem I see is that Cincinnati also needs a quarterback. It's going to take a King's Ransom to get it done, if the Bengals are even open to trading their pick. I agree with you. Tua could actually fall to #5, although I think in the end Miami is going to have to move to #3.

The problem I see is that Cincinnati also needs a quarterback. It's going to take a King's Ransom to get it done, if the Bengals are even open to trading their pick. I agree with you. Tua could actually fall to #5, although I think in the end Miami is going to have to move to #3.

That should be a good problem to have. If we "settle" for Tua at 5 then everybody's happy right? It will be put up or shut up time for the kid. I don't know how his arm strength, accuracy or ability to read defenses compare to those of Burrow but I gather we will all find out together If the chips fall that way.

Maybe Cinn likes another guy and wants to reap the benefits

Sorry, I am with Ross. I am on team Burrow.

I can't wait for the board meltdown if the Dolphins don't get Tua. :D
JLC said on 960 radio here in Calgary on Friday that Ross and FO pimping Burrow Mia BECAUSE they want Tua - and have unintentionally given reason to Cinci to pause and think about Tua

[/QUOTE]
That's fine, but I still look at it as a chicken or the egg scenario. Joe Brady walks in and the offense goes from pretty bad to unstoppable. How much of an impact did he actually have? Was it really just Joe Burrow taking the biggest leap from one year to the next that I've ever seen?

Don't get me wrong. If I had the #1 overall pick I'd take Joe Burrow, even over Tua, but there's always something itching me the wrong way about him in the back of my head and if he turns out to be a bust or just mediocre in the NFL, I can't say I'd be surprised. Guys with only one year of production are still a gamble, even if the production was outrageous.

1. Joe Brady owes Joe Burrow more than vice versa. This kid got the job done with his butt cheeks hanging, literally.

2. I'd be slightly more concerned with his one year of productivity (your words not mine) if he didn't elevate his game every time LSU needed him too. This kid shined brightest in the biggest spots. JAGs don't do that.

Alabama and Clemson were MUCH better teams than LSU. Joe Burrow closed that gap and extended it in LSU's direction. That's monumental.

I contend Burrow could've done the same thing at a lot of other second tier "big time" programs, like a Penn State, West Virginia, Washington, for example, which is what LSU was and will revert back to being.

What's en vogue in the NFL right now is being able to make plays outside the pocket and having the threat of getting a first down with your legs.

The classic drop back passer era is nearly dead, unless you have HOF caliber OT's, your QB isn’t going to be able to sit back and throw 30 times a game from a clean pocket. Unless your Dak Prescott in Dallas, who has all day to throw and is just average. $33 Million......lol. There's an investment I'd worry about. I'd rather have Josh Rosen than Prescott.

Last edited:
JLC said on 960 radio here in Calgary on Friday that Ross and FO pimping Burrow Mia BECAUSE they want Tua - and have unintentionally given reason to Cinci to pause and think about Tua

Either way it makes sense. If your not playing poker at this time of year you might as well fold.

We should be imploring so much reverse psychology right now that we should even slightly confuse ourselves (our FO) with disinformation.

Well none of this matters if the Bengals don't want to trade the pick so people arguing about it at this point makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom