****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Sorry, I am with Ross. I am on team Burrow.

I can't wait for the board meltdown if the Dolphins don't get Tua. :D
Ross wanted to draft Lamar Jackson, so I am with him on this one also.

I don't know how the shift can be slow. Tua was the obvious #1 choice maybe even for a team that didn't need a QB right away. The injury is the only thing that knocked Tua off of the throne and so it should've.

My cousin, who's a doctor, explained to my step-father who then called me (something may be lost in this game of pass it on) and explained how the ball that has to be placed back in the hip socket can slip out of the socket even while just dancing.

The above is based on your average Joe. He went on to say that a young and extreme athlete like Tua who is going to receive the most optimal medical care and physical therapy has about the same amount of chance of re-injury as it was the first time. Meaning it would probably take another freak accident/tackle.

"So what's the problem, then?" He brought up Bo Jackson whom within 3 years had his hips open up on him and that was playing the dull, lacking in constant collision game of baseball. Football increases the possibility of that happening by leaps and bounds even at Tua's age.

He said that if Tua receives protection in the likes of Brady, the odds of Tua having a 10 etc year career in the NFL are extremely high. But with one bad hit for a "twitchy" QB in the likes of Tua, it could be all she wrote.

The irony is that the way QBs are protected these days are not even in Tua's favor. Defenders can't hit high, can't hit low, the hips are the primary target and EVEN sliding requires trauma to the hips.

He will never be safe back there. He will always be a hit away. Even if he isn't, the hips might open up on him again in a hand full of years by mere wear and tear.

This is what many want to trade up for, a question mark. Wow, that kool ade is powerful. Like I've said, Tua at 5 is a blessing. Tua costing us 2 first round picks or whatever it may take is a nightmare.

Do any of you cringe when we score a touchdown and have to wait with a mantra of " Please no flags. Please no flags"? Well, get ready to cringe EVERY time Tua gets touched. Be careful what you wish for (cliches stand the test of time for a reason).

i don’t agree with the hips being a primary contact point. Guys tackle the thighs on QBs in terms of direct contact in the pros they wrap witb their arms the hips.

I don’t see it being a big deal.

I don't know how the shift can be slow. Tua was the obvious #1 choice maybe even for a team that didn't need a QB right away. The injury is the only thing that knocked Tua off of the throne and so it should've.

My cousin, who's a doctor, explained to my step-father who then called me (something may be lost in this game of pass it on) and explained how the ball that has to be placed back in the hip socket can slip out of the socket even while just dancing.

The above is based on your average Joe. He went on to say that a young and extreme athlete like Tua who is going to receive the most optimal medical care and physical therapy has about the same amount of chance of re-injury as it was the first time. Meaning it would probably take another freak accident/tackle.

"So what's the problem, then?" He brought up Bo Jackson whom within 3 years had his hips open up on him and that was playing the dull, lacking in constant collision game of baseball. Football increases the possibility of that happening by leaps and bounds even at Tua's age.

He said that if Tua receives protection in the likes of Brady, the odds of Tua having a 10 etc year career in the NFL are extremely high. But with one bad hit for a "twitchy" QB in the likes of Tua, it could be all she wrote.

The irony is that the way QBs are protected these days are not even in Tua's favor. Defenders can't hit high, can't hit low, the hips are the primary target and EVEN sliding requires trauma to the hips.

He will never be safe back there. He will always be a hit away. Even if he isn't, the hips might open up on him again in a hand full of years by mere wear and tear.

This is what many want to trade up for, a question mark. Wow, that kool ade is powerful. Like I've said, Tua at 5 is a blessing. Tua costing us 2 first round picks or whatever it may take is a nightmare.

Do any of you cringe when we score a touchdown and have to wait with a mantra of " Please no flags. Please no flags"? Well, get ready to cringe EVERY time Tua gets touched. Be careful what you wish for (cliches stand the test of time for a reason).
If you read the article this is a non Tuaite type - this guy has been against Tua as he sets his sights on Herbert as his favourite back in 2018

If Miami feels even slightly nervous about where Tua is, or possibly could be in a few years, and Miami falls in love with how Burrow looks, they might look into trading up for Burrow (The only QB Miami should attempt to trade up for if anyone), but I still don't think Miami will over pay for him.

Staying put in my opinion is still the smartest thing they can do.

If Miami feels even slightly nervous about where Tua is, or possibly could be in a few years, and Miami falls in love with how Burrow looks, they might look into trading up for Burrow (The only QB Miami should attempt to trade up for if anyone), but I still don't think Miami will over pay for him.

Staying put in my opinion is still the smartest thing they can do.
Prob is you can’t go to one without Overpaying - Cinci Moves from one and they cannot guarantee their guy is there at 5 - so they have to acquire a cache of picks just in case - but the one OA is worth 3 firsts plus out 5 at least on its own merit if not more

I don’t want to give up picks for him. Nothing against him.
I understand why people might have this opinion, but I'm curious as to whether it's a "he's too fragile" thing or a "I don't think he's good enough" thing. If it's the latter, that type of stuff makes me really confused.

It's OK if you prefer Tua over Burrow, even preferring Herbert, Love, or Fromm over Burrow is your opinion, and fine...You could be right, but saying Burrow could be more smoke and mirrors, closer to the QB he used to be, rather then who he showed the world to be this year is doubtful.

The light just went on with the right coach, and/or program. Nobody knew much, or expected much from Brady, Warner, Brees, or Wilson to name a few.

It's OK if you prefer Tua over Burrow, even preferring Herbert, Love, or Fromm over Burrow is your opinion, and fine...You could be right, but saying Burrow could be more smoke and mirrors, closer to the QB he used to be, rather then who he showed the world to be this year is doubtful.

The light just went on with the right coach, and/or program. Nobody knew much, or expected much from Brady, Warner, Brees, or Wilson to name a few.
It was such a monumental jump though. I think the more likely result is somewhere in the middle.

Prob is you can’t go to one without Overpaying - Cinci Moves from one and they cannot guarantee their guy is there at 5 - so they have to acquire a cache of picks just in case - but the one OA is worth 3 firsts plus out 5 at least on its own merit if not more

I personally would not give anything to move up for anyone (As I said in another post, just let the draft come to you), but if Miami feels the need to try and move up because of work they did in the QB class, they ended up liking Burrows more.

I believe Miami should give them a scenario where it will help them both, but won't hurt Miami's ability to build through the draft, like Miami's 1st, late 2nd, and next years lower 1st...Either they take it...Fine, or they don't...Even better in my opinion.

It was such a monumental jump though. I think the more likely result is somewhere in the middle.

Probably, which is still worthy of Miami's #5, I don't know if worthy of trading up, but hopefully they don't offer anything crazy, and the Bengals in the end feel forced to take it.

I personally would not give anything to move up for anyone (As I said in another post, just let the draft come to you), but if Miami feels the need to try and move up because of work they did in the QB class, they ended up liking Burrows more.

I believe Miami should give them a scenario where it will help them both, but won't hurt Miami's ability to build through the draft, like Miami's 1st, late 2nd, and next years lower 1st...Either they take it...Fine, or they don't...Even better in my opinion.
I respect that but listen only one QBs reads a D in the top half of this draft - I don’t bother with the late Rders

Back
Top Bottom