****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Wow, are we out of ideas here that we have to resort to talking about hand size? I know we didn’t bring up the subject but it’s laughable that we’re actually taking the bait and pressing on with it. Free agency can’t get here quick enough

That’s the whole point of the combine and predraft. Evaluating each player’s measurables. It’s being discussed in the Tua thread and probably the Herbert thread. I think it is relevant. Maybe those hands are why there is talk of him having difficulty with throwing deep outs to the sideline. I wouldn’t know. Only seen a few of his games and he looked good in every one. I’d still take him.

To me, it's certainly seems as unsportsmanlike. If you get drafted by a team, you should be grateful and give optimal effort. I would.

But superseding the above, I'm all for anything that gives the player power. The majority of players save for those few superstars, have the power to sit out or dictate their own careers. And this is their lives, gentlemen. Possible CTE, possible career ending injury, possible loss of quality of life in the late years...

The average NFL career is 3.3 years. You've got to look out for #1. Burrow is in a position of power and I'm not going to judge him if he wants to dictate the course of his life even if it's a move I would never make.
Get drafted by the 1979 bucs?

That’s the whole point of the combine and predraft. Evaluating each player’s measurables. It’s being discussed in the Tua thread and probably the Herbert thread. I think it is relevant. Maybe those hands are why there is talk of him having difficulty with throwing deep outs to the sideline. I wouldn’t know. Only seen a few of his games and he looked good in every one. I’d still take him.

I just thought it was pretty funny we are down to talking about hand size. I didn’t see any problems holding the ball all season so I think some posters here are really reaching for something to post about.

That hand size stuff is just checking boxes. You don’t want anything that gives folks a reason for pause.

I don’t see any real thing coming of anything 9 plus.

I just thought it was pretty funny we are down to talking about hand size. I didn’t see any problems holding the ball all season so I think some posters here are really reaching for something to post about.

I think it makes you reflect more on his body of work, I cannot recall him playing in bad weather games at LSU. And he is about to go to the worst weather division with a bigger ball and a weaker arm than the others in the class. This will not change his position but like Hoops said you have to look at all information when analyzing a player, even the ridiculous info. When I was a scout for an MLB franchise they wanted to know the mentality and work ethic of 3 generations and another guy wanted to know his dating history and if the girls were cute and successful. None of which makes him a better player but they had a system.

Heard a guy on the radio this morning talking about the combine and said he remembers a handful of coaches who had big binders with the measurables of all time greats. And if a guy wasn't close or even with them they weren't even considered for that organization. Again while something like this seems crazy it is still some peoples mentality. I think there is a guy on the board who doesn't have one of the top WR in the first 2 rounds because he only had 2 years of 10+ TDs not 3.

Supposedly he has a 9am presser today and I'd wager one of the first questions asked will be "Will you play for the Bengals if drafted by them at #1?"

Depending on his answer, the speculation that he could pull an Eli/Elway will either go away or turn into a full 5 alarm fire.

Supposedly he has a 9am presser today and I'd wager one of the first questions asked will be "Will you play for the Bengals if drafted by them at #1?"

Depending on his answer, the speculation that he could pull an Eli/Elway will either go away or turn into a full 5 alarm fire.

The game is afoot, lets see how he handles it because not only will it be the first question it will also be the 3rd and the 7th and the 12th. It will get asked a ton and lets see if he positions himself with 2 months to go before the draft.

He said he'll play for them if drafted, so there goes that drama. Not that I wanted to trade up to 1, but it would've been chaos and therefore fun to watch it unfold.

He said he'll play for them if drafted, so there goes that drama. Not that I wanted to trade up to 1, but it would've been chaos and therefore fun to watch it unfold.

No point in saying it now, not that I think he is playing a game. But when you get closer the the actual draft and people cant spend two months bashing you about it and questioning your character it might become a bigger deal. Get within a week of the draft and say you have gone through the process met with many teams and the Bengals are by far the worst team I met with and I have no desire to play with them. Our ideals and idea of the game do not match. This is a professional decision and I want them to have the time to adjust their plan because I will not play if selected by them.

That hand size stuff is just checking boxes. You don’t want anything that gives folks a reason for pause.

I don’t see any real thing coming of anything 9 plus.

His tiny hands will hold more money that all of ours put together...

His tiny hands will hold more money that all of ours put together...

Fragile - tweeting about his hurt feelings already????
Yah I prefer him and his hobbit hands playing for someone else - won’t throw at the combine?!!!

Shocker!!!!!

Yah I prefer him and his hobbit hands playing for someone else - won’t throw at the combine?!!!

Shocker!!!!!

Could it be that he doesn't want to show he cant spin a NFL ball in perfect conditions with his hobbit hands and noodle arm while Eason, Herbert and Love are throwing 40 yard darts in their compression shorts lol.

download.jpg

BTW Burrow lovers, this is a joke.

Shocker!!!!!
He doesn't have to throw at the combine! He's going to be the damn #1 pick!

Just measured for fun and 9.5 inches.

Wait, is current conversation about hand size?

I'll be back with those results too.

Back
Top Bottom