****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

He doesn't have to throw at the combine! He's going to be the damn #1 pick!

I agree with him not throwing at the combine. Its a setup to cause more harm than good to his stock and in this social media society we live in, a bad open workout would go viral quick. His main focus in Indy is the interview process.

But he is gonna have to throw for teams at some point, at his Pro Day and especially at private team workouts.

I don’t have him locked in as the top pick.

I agree with him not throwing at the combine. Its a setup to cause more harm than good to his stock and in this social media society we live in, a bad open workout would go viral quick. His main focus in Indy is the interview process.

But he is gonna have to throw for teams at some point, at his Pro Day and especially at private team workouts.

I don’t have him locked in as the top pick.

The combine is a crap shoot to a guy like him, throwing to guys you dont know in an arena you never been in and a script that isnt laid out well in advance. Whereas a pro day is guys you are use to in a facility you know and a script you can practice and throw with your eyes closed. I would rather a guy throw in uncomfortable situations rather than perfect a song and dance. You always hear a guy going 74 for 75 on his pro day. Well no **** he practiced it non stop for weeks and is throwing to receivers that he knows very well.

Its a smart move, will be intrigued if he does private workouts, because team will just send you a short list of plays and have you run through them. Not a lot of prep time which has been Burrow's advantage this whole year. I wanna see someone throw him off script and see if he performs. i want that of any QB prospect.

I would dummy down the question for Herbert.

Your trailing by 6 points, 3 seconds left in the game, you have the ball on the opponents 36 and the OL gives you enough time to launch the ball at the 38. Do you...

A) Throw the football in the end zone giving your team a chance to win?

or

B) Throw the ball 10 yards out of the end zone?

Ok... he made a mistake...every QB I’ve ever watched made mistakes or bad throws at times.

I also think Oregon’s scheme and philosophy was not good for Herbert And was overly conservative.

Ok... he made a mistake...every QB I’ve ever watched made mistakes or bad throws at times.

I also think Oregon’s scheme and philosophy was not good for Herbert And was overly conservative.
With Herbert costing his team opportunities to score is a pattern and it has nothing to do with scheme and philosophy.

I did not religiously follow Herbert, but I saw enough to know some QBs make mistakes with Herbert it seems to be a pattern. Here are some exmaples.

Throwing the ball 10 yards out of the end zone on the final play against Auburn is not a mistake, it's just piss-poor play by Herbert. I would expect every HS QB to put that ball in the end zone and Herbert is a 5th year senior. It suggests to me that when the game is on the line Herbert might get a little too hyped up or nervous to execute effectively.

I watched him play the next week against Nevada. If only Herbert could play against Nevada every week.

Next game I turned in was right before the half against Washington. Oregon has the ball at Washington 34 with :08 left in game. Herbert escapes pocket and rolls left burning the time left on the clock before throwing into the end zone...correction, throwing the ball about 2 yards out of the end zone to the left of a WR who would have had an opportunity to make the catch. No time left on clock to attempt a FG.

Then in the Rose Bowl, 4th quarter 10 minutes left down 27-21, ball on Wisconsin 35, 3rd and 2...Herbert escapes pocket and rolls left, reverses trying to run to the right and gets sacked. Oregon forced to punt. That was an easy read for him to throw the ball away before reversing course which would have resulted in a 4th and 2 with the option to go for it or attempt a FG.

Those are the types of plays that don't have anything to do with schema and philosophy, but an inability to make the right play, the smart play that costs the team from being in a position to score to keeping the team from the opportunity to score.

With Herbert costing his team opportunities to score is a pattern and it has nothing to do with scheme and philosophy.

I did not religiously follow Herbert, but I saw enough to know some QBs make mistakes with Herbert it seems to be a pattern. Here are some exmaples.

Throwing the ball 10 yards out of the end zone on the final play against Auburn is not a mistake, it's just piss-poor play by Herbert. I would expect every HS QB to put that ball in the end zone and Herbert is a 5th year senior. It suggests to me that when the game is on the line Herbert might get a little too hyped up or nervous to execute effectively.

I watched him play the next week against Nevada. If only Herbert could play against Nevada every week.

Next game I turned in was right before the half against Washington. Oregon has the ball at Washington 34 with :08 left in game. Herbert escapes pocket and rolls left burning the time left on the clock before throwing into the end zone...correction, throwing the ball about 2 yards out of the end zone to the left of a WR who would have had an opportunity to make the catch. No time left on clock to attempt a FG.

Then in the Rose Bowl, 4th quarter 10 minutes left down 27-21, ball on Wisconsin 35, 3rd and 2...Herbert escapes pocket and rolls left, reverses trying to run to the right and gets sacked. Oregon forced to punt. That was an easy read for him to throw the ball away before reversing course which would have resulted in a 4th and 2 with the option to go for it or attempt a FG.

Those are the types of plays that don't have anything to do with schema and philosophy, but an inability to make the right play, the smart play that costs the team from being in a position to score to keeping the team from the opportunity to score.

I disagree... when a conservative coach beats into a QB’s head “no matter what, don’t turn it over”.... it can effect how a QB performs.

Agree to disagree.... We’ll see if the NFL agrees with you. I suspect they see through it and he’ll be drafted very high. When the chains were taken off him in Mobile he shined!

I disagree... when a conservative coach beats into a QB’s head “no matter what, don’t turn it over”.... it can effect how a QB performs.

Agree to disagree.... We’ll see if the NFL agrees with you. I suspect they see through it and he’ll be drafted very high. When the chains were taken off him in Mobile he shined!
I'm not saying he won't get over-drafted. He definitely will, top 10 most likely with a good shot of top 6. That doesn't mean they are right. If drafting a QB top 10 guaranteed success Miami wouldn't need to draft a QB with Rosen, a former #10 pick, on the roster.

There are a lot of bad GMs and HCs that think because a player has the physical tools he'll be able to overcome his mental disabilities if he is coached up, particularly at QB. When a 5th year senior is in his 4th year of starting and makes those kind of blunders it tells me he doesn't have in-game intelligence. For some guys it just doesn't click. They can't all be Tom Brady or Drew Brees out there.

I'm really hoping Herbert doesn't end up on Miami's roster or chances are fans will look back at Henne-Hill-Herbert era as the dark and depressing days and we will most likely be waiting until 2024 to once again be looking give another QB a shot to be the first legit starting QB since Marino. Although I got to hand it to Fitzpatrick, who I think had the best year of any QB since Dan the Man given the context.

I definitely agree to disagree.

I'm not saying he won't get over-drafted. He definitely will, top 10 most likely with a good shot of top 6. That doesn't mean they are right. If drafting a QB top 10 guaranteed success Miami wouldn't need to draft a QB with Rosen, a former #10 pick, on the roster.

There are a lot of bad GMs and HCs that think because a player has the physical tools he'll be able to overcome his mental disabilities if he is coached up, particularly at QB. When a 5th year senior is in his 4th year of starting and makes those kind of blunders it tells me he doesn't have in-game intelligence. For some guys it just doesn't click. They can't all be Tom Brady or Drew Brees out there.

I'm really hoping Herbert doesn't end up on Miami's roster or chances are fans will look back at Henne-Hill-Herbert era as the dark and depressing days and we will most likely be waiting until 2024 to once again be looking give another QB a shot to be the first legit starting QB since Marino. Although I got to hand it to Fitzpatrick, who I think had the best year of any QB since Dan the Man given the context.

I definitely agree to disagree.

Yes... and I’m sure you’ll acknowledge that none of us are perfect... not me, not you...not anybody!

Fact is... this is a talented kid that is developing... he is not Tannehill, not Henne...and I’ll bet he becomes a fine NFL QB!

Joe Burrow is in a Nerf commercial with NFL players. He looks good in orange and black. :chuckle:

Mando says Miami loves burrow and plans to move to #1 for him.

Cinci to Miami “all your picks are mine!”

Back
Top Bottom