Joe Philbin's Game Management | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's Game Management

rrnurq-1.jpg

Joe Philbin has had awful game management in the last three weeks. Passing when they should be running, kicking when they should be punting. It is obvious he has a long way to before he is considered a positive factor in us winning games. He is no limited to no feel for the ebb and flow of the game.

Player have to execute, but he needs to do his job with the headset on.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

At what point does the team not being able to finish fall at his feet? What kind of culture has he created so that are so mentally weak?

:bobdole:

There is a difference between having no balls and playing smart . . . throwing the ball where A. A player drops the pass and stops the clock or B. Runs out of bounds . . . where it's 4th down with 35 extra seconds on the clock and now we punt it into the endzone because we came up 2 yards short IMO isn't the smartest move there. It's great that coach is showing confidence in his players in that situation and you know what, I like seeing that, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was the best call in that situation. They needed a touchdown, not a FG.
They called a high-percentage pass and if you want to beat the opponent you must catch those balls. As for running out of bounds, it was a stupid play by Clay but same thing could happen if you call an outside run. If you call an inside run, you might fumble the ball. Or get your RB injured. Anything can happen on any given play. I'm happy we don't have Sparano/Henning anymore calling the shots but we have proven winners now responsible for the team and I still think it was a good call.

Saying Carpenter has to go is quite easy when you don't know who they are bringing in and how they will fare. I"m not saying the guy should get a free ride, but to dismiss him so easily is a mistake. He has made some big kicks for us in the past and he is going through a little funk . . . that wasn't the easiest kick and its getting magnified because of his early struggles. Truth is . . . it was another low percentage kick and I personally didn't like the call to go for it there, but for those expecting that we can cut Dan and pick up RoboKicker like its nothing, what can I tell u, you guys are set in your ways and that is perfectly fine.
You really wanna tell me we can't find a kicker who doesn't miss 4 field goals in 3 games? It's their only...ONLY duty: kick the damn ball through the uprights. If he misses only 2 of them, we're 4-1. He's got to be held accountable.

As a professional Carpenter should be looking forward to a challenge like that. It's his only ****ing job. So when the staff sends him out there they are telling him they have confidence in him so he better have some damn confidence in himself. This his audition, this his time to show what he has to bring to the table. We are not making a superbowl run this year, but by the time we do we will know if Carpenter had what it takes to be part of that run. And we will make that run in a couple of years.

Philbin said on WQAM that Tannehill was instructed to take a sack or to do whatever it took to keep the clock moving if the pass to Clay wasn't there. The play call was perfectly fine, yes there was a risk the clock could stop as we saw but there was also a chance we get the first and seal the win. Philbin pwns everybody on these boards.

I rip Omar Kelly with a splash of Adam Beasley. Good job discussing the issues...nah, pretty pathetic.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Classy.
What's pathetic is how you addressed this Hayden. Had you stated that you questioned the play call you could have sparked a good debate. You chose to follow the part of your nemisis Omar Kelly, who like you, speaks as an authoritarian with limited skills on evaluating then recording his thoughts.

"Awful" was not only a poor choice of words but it was delivered with the same drama that Queen Omar so often regurgitates.

Philbin said on WQAM that Tannehill was instructed to take a sack or to do whatever it took to keep the clock moving if the pass to Clay wasn't there. The play call was perfectly fine, yes there was a risk the clock could stop as we saw but there was also a chance we get the first and seal the win. Philbin pwns everybody on these boards.

To be fair, Joe also stated that he needed to do a better job instructing Clay stay in bounds in the same interview.

With that said, I gave Joe credit for taking a bullet for a struggling player that still could help this team by the end of the year.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...re-I-will-give-Joe-a-TON-of-credit&highlight=

I call it like I see with Joe. I have been far more positive and patient with him than many people around here. At the same time, it is naive to think that Joe is not going to have some ups and downs as a rookie coach.

ArmandoSalguero
I don't blame Dan Carpenter for missing a 53 yard field goal. A 53 yd attempt is low %. I do blame the coaching staff for trying the kick.
19 minutes ago · reply ·retweet · favorite
Read more here:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/#navlink=navbar#storylink=cpy

Teams this season have attempted 43 field goals from 50+ yards with 30 completions
for 69.76 % completion rate. An almost 70% completion is hardly what I would call
a low % kick league wise but it sure is for Carp

Teams this season have attempted 43 field goals from 50+ yards with 30 completions
for 69.76 % completion rate. An almost 70% completion is hardly what I would call
a low % kick league wise but it sure is for Carp

in terms of FG percentage, this is actually a low % play, but i expect my kicker to hit 50+ yarders consistently if we're paying him 2.5 mil this year

Joe Philbin has had awful game management in the last three weeks. Passing when they should be running, kicking when they should be punting. It is obvious he has a long way to before he is considered a positive factor in us winning games. He is no limited to no feel for the ebb and flow of the game.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

At what point does the team not being able to finish fall at his feet? What kind of culture has he created so that are so mentally weak?
imagesqtbnANd9GcQxtt8DL24VNPjMCdQmV57eVK-1.jpg

I call it like I see with Joe. I have been far more positive and patient with him than many people around here. At the same time, it is naive to think that Joe is not going to have some ups and downs as a rookie coach.

This is not about him having ups and downs or making rookie mistakes, this is about a philosophy.

Philbin's philosophy is I want my offense to do everything it can to WIN the game and if they fail we still have the defense to fall back on.

Your philosophy is you want your offense to do everything it can to put your defense in a position to win the game.

I prefer Philbin's way.

I love to see the internet GM's and know it alls exposed.

I notice Hayden doesn't have his thread up yet, I wonder is he trying to cheer up Jeff Fisher.

Back
Top Bottom