Joe Philbin's Game Management | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's Game Management

Yes Philbin and Sherman suck! Let's go back to the glory days of the fist pump offense. :crazy:

the playcalling is as good as ever...you guys want dan henning back ?

COACHINGKevin Coyle has done great work preparing his unit when it was without its second-best cornerback. The Bengals were not able to take advantage. Offensively, Mike Sherman again continued to call pass plays late in the game instead of running the football to burn clock. Yes, the pass connected. Yes, the run would have been against eight-man fronts. But he looked silly when Charles Clay ran out of bounds on the pass he caught, giving the Bengals 1:45 to possibly win the game.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/07/3039552/grading-the-miami-dolphins-vs.html

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/07/3039552/grading-the-miami-dolphins-vs.html#storylink=cpy

I am really shocked at the play of Charles Clay, i hope he gets it together soon. The guy gets open, we need him to make plays. Going out of bounds is brutal, what a brain fart.

This is the worst thread I've ever seen on here and thats saying something.

So you're saying Philbin is not playing not to lose soon enough. :lol2: I'd like to know specifically at what point in the game you feel like a 4 point lead is good enough to shut it down. Five minutes left? Four?

Philbin has not made a single game management mistake so far by my count. On the 53 yarder the percentages between punting, going for it and kicking the field goal is probably something like 33-33-33, if you want to monday morning head coach over 1% be my guest. I like going for it because if he makes it its a confidence booster for future kicks.

Please give some more examples of poor game management, I'll be happy to shoot those down as well.

This is the worst thread I've ever seen on here and thats saying something.

So you're saying Philbin is not playing not to lose soon enough. I'd like to know specifically at what point in the game you fell like a 4 point lead is good enough to shut it down. Five minutes left? Four?

Philbin has not made a single game management mistake so far by my count. The percentages between punting, going for it and kicking the field goal is probably something like 33-33-33, if you want to monday morning head coach over 1% be my guest. I like going for it because if he makes it its a confidence booster for future kicks.

Please give some of examples of poor game management, I'll be happy to shoot those down as well.

1. It is not Monday Morning QBing when I make the thread as it is happening.

2. I have already stated my other issues from the Jets and Cardinals game. I have done that within this thread. Also, other media types from South Fla. have mentioned it as well.

3. I am sure you will be able to "shoot them down" though considering all the arguments that are opposite of my are written in this thread. Brave.

1. It is not Monday Morning QBing when I make the thread as it is happening.

2. I have already stated my other issues from the Jets and Cardinals game. I have done that within this thread. Also, other media types from South Fla. have mentioned it as well.

3. I am sure you will be able to "shoot them down" though considering all the arguments that are opposite of my are written in this thread. Brave.

Like I said the thread is terrible and I got pretty bored 2 pages in. Why don't you start by telling us how much time you need on the clock before shutting down the offense with a 4 point lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only media types that have said anything is Armando. And well he's and idiot.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

"Dolphins players think highly of offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, but there has been private questioning of some play calls, including three passes deep in Dolphins territory while protecting a lead against the Jets."

Fins player have questioned game management too. This is off Mike Sherman, but last time I checked Joe was the HC.

Why can't people admit he has to grow as a coach? I am willing to give him time. At the same time, why can't people on the other side admit he will have rough patches early as rookie HC?

Like I said the thread is terrible and I got pretty bored 2 pages in. Why don't you start by telling us how much time you need on the clock before shutting down the offense with a 4 point lead.

How about you go and read what is there as opposed to me litigating the case again?

How about you go and read what is there as opposed to me litigating the case again?

I already know you were upset last week we didn't shut it down leaving them with 2 minutes and 3 timeouts so I can only assume you would be happy shutting it down with even more time, so how much? You think 3 minutes and 3 timeouts is too little time for a team to go 80 yards for a TD?

If you think 2 minutes and 3 timeouts is too little time to go 80 yards for most NFL offenses then you just don't watch enough football. We let Tebow score twice in that amount of time for crying out loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give the Man some time to work the kinks out...Philbin is doing a good job and the team is competing at a higher level that the last several years.

Chill-axe

All you keep saying over and over is you're upset that he doesn't shut it down earlier aka play not to lose.

I suppose you also think Belichick is an idiot for going for it on 4th down with a 10 point lead late in the game.

Back
Top Bottom