Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

He was never getting cut next season. He could have a super mediocre final three games and he's still coming back. They'll hopefully draft someone with potential and let them sit behind Tannehill for at least one year - his contract vs value doesn't make sense to cut him before 2019... and if we got a rookie, he's not the worst guy to have in front of him. Your opinion on Tannehill doesn't really matter when it would be incredibly senseless to cut him specifically before next season.

You've never seen Tannehill play as lousy a game?

Are you serious?

God Gollamighty!

Im not a big Tannehill fan but I don't think Ive ever seen a 0td 4int game like Goff had. Trubisky was nearly as bad. Cincinnati and NE this year were Horrible tho and neither of those D's are the Rams/Bears

Im not a big Tannehill fan but I don't think Ive ever seen a 0td 4int game like Goff had. Trubisky was nearly as bad. Cincinnati and NE this year were Horrible tho and neither of those D's are the Rams/Bears
Well, since he was benched at the end of the 1st Pat's game, in favor of Ostweiler...who scored our only TD, we didn't get the full measure of what a stinker that was.

Tannehill played well the 2nd go around (our yearly Super Bowl)...so we seem to have forgotten.

If we could get a second for him id be surprised. Id also take it
If this organization accepts a 2nd round pick for Tannehill, I'm moving on from the NFL.

as i said at the beginning of this season en route to 3-0, what mattered were weeks 4 and 5 vs the pats and bengals on the road. tannehill **** the bed in those games. now, here we are again. none of what has happened to this point matters if tannehill doesnt show up on the road this sunday vs the vikes and in week 17 in orchard park.

when you draft a QB top 10 and 7 years later he's still the guy, it's time to be the guy.

it's time for ryan tannehill to step up and take this team to the playoffs or its time to move on.
Got it. Only the games that the Dolphins lose matter.

Tannehill has a couple of good games and the rabid fans for him come out from under a rock. Next when he losses, the rabid fans that don't like him will show up... Yes, Tannehill has won the last two games.. That's great! But we are still waiting to see where he can take us, year 7, after drafting him. Year 3, the excuse was still he has only started .... games since college. The question I have to you OP, because you have spent a lot of time defending him in this thread is if we are so lucky to have him at that contract, why has he created such a divide in the fanbase? Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers do the fans have have to play lawyer and defend that they are great players?? Also, what have we done as a team since paying him?

On another subject... To say that the Dolphins are "blessed" to pay someone close to $30 million for ONE year of football is insulting. I know that wasn't your words, but to use that word is sickening when you consider the sacrifices many others in this country take. We are blessed for our troops, fire fighters, police, teachers, etc. for the sacrifices they make. He could of used the word "fortunate", of which would be an acceptable word in this context. But blessed? Not a word I'd use for how much a football player gets paid.
The Miami Dolphins have won the last 2 games, not Ryan Tannehill. He played his part. An impressive part I might add. If you watch the last 2 games, he was hit on almost every throw and still tossed 6 TDs and 1 INT. It's still a team game though.

Well...
The Rams loss hurt like a Mofo. Sunday Night hurt too. Our QB is made of glass and becoming a choke artist. I don't see us winning 8 or 9 games.
https://finheaven.com/threads/here-is-to-a-good-game-sunday.351017/#post-7756666

Tannehill has a couple of good games and the rabid fans for him come out from under a rock. Next when he losses, the rabid fans that don't like him will show up... Yes, Tannehill has won the last two games.. That's great! But we are still waiting to see where he can take us, year 7, after drafting him. Year 3, the excuse was still he has only started .... games since college. The question I have to you OP, because you have spent a lot of time defending him in this thread is if we are so lucky to have him at that contract, why has he created such a divide in the fanbase? Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers do the fans have have to play lawyer and defend that they are great players?? Also, what have we done as a team since paying him?

On another subject... To say that the Dolphins are "blessed" to pay someone close to $30 million for ONE year of football is insulting. I know that wasn't your words, but to use that word is sickening when you consider the sacrifices many others in this country take. We are blessed for our troops, fire fighters, police, teachers, etc. for the sacrifices they make. He could of used the word "fortunate", of which would be an acceptable word in this context. But blessed? Not a word I'd use for how much a football player gets paid.

For the love of Pete.

This argument is tired and so, so preachy. There are appropriate times for getting on a soapbox, and then there are times people stand on soapboxes just to be seen.

You, kind sir, are in a football forum, in a thread comparing NFL contracts. This thread is not titled “Appropriate usage of the word ‘Blessed.’” The world is an adjective intended to be used within the confines of this sort of conversation.

I can understand how you can find the usage a little odd, but “insulting?” In this context? C’mon. If you’re going to take that stance, I’m going to assume I can go into the “Miracle in Miami” threads and see you raining down fire and brimstone.

Well, since he was benched at the end of the 1st Pat's game, in favor of Ostweiler...who scored our only TD, we didn't get the full measure of what a stinker that was.

Tannehill played well the 2nd go around (our yearly Super Bowl)...so we seem to have forgotten.

Obviously that was at the end of a blowout; but a valid point. I remember you being there at the end of that Chiefs/Patriots game where Tom Brady got benched, and bringing that up too oh wait, that never happened.

paying a avg qb 26million a yr is dangerous. you are putting to much pressure on someone who will never live out to his Contract. for example Cousins. he put up good number but he is not winner. cousins need teams around him to win. so does thill17.thank to QB Allen and kicker for N.E and drake return for td. we could have lost both games. thill17 should come back next yr. I would still draft qb if one on board I like in rd 1 or 2 for future.

I don’t know what’s worse, you’re understanding of football or the English language.

Obviously that was at the end of a blowout; but a valid point. I remember you being there at the end of that Chiefs/Patriots game where Tom Brady got benched, and bringing that up too oh wait, that never happened.
Nah...wasn't me.

I was there at the end of each of the five Super Bowls won by Brady...usualy because he walked all over us to gain a first round bye and two home games before the Super Bowl.

This win againt the Pats seemingly still has Tannehill supporters drunk to have the stones to compare Tannehill to a QB who has had more success than the entire history of our organization.

How much of that contract paid for him to sit on the sidelines? He's just not reliable. I will be surprised if he finishes these last three games.

Aikman is making repeated references to Rivers needing protection and how interior pressure being especially problematic for pocket passers. 5 sacks in the first half and not one mention of pocket presence. Hmmm.......
Rivers is a few typical seasons away from a gold jacket. Tannehill has JUST started to play well enough (3 games) to be considered for the Ring of Honor...

5-6 more seasons of 9-7 records can get him that respect from a HOF commentator, who is using himself as a reference when speaking, or not speaking, about said QB.

How much of that contract paid for him to sit on the sidelines? He's just not reliable. I will be surprised if he finishes these last three games.

Is that really fair to label him unreliable? Do the nearly 5 years that he took every snap before the ACL injury count for nothing?

Is that really fair to label him unreliable? Do the nearly 5 years that he took every snap before the ACL injury count for nothing?
No they don't count. Older you get the more prone to injury and longer recovery. Just look at the types of players we bring in, older and oft injured. Tannehill is our starter and is becoming more brittle, I don't know why it's hard to accept. It's not a knock on his play, we just can't keep crossing are fingers every year.

It really doesn’t seem like it, by what you read around here sometimes

No they don't count. Older you get the more prone to injury and longer recovery. Just look at the types of players we bring in, older and oft injured. Tannehill is our starter and is becoming more brittle, I don't know why it's hard to accept. It's not a knock on his play, we just can't keep crossing are fingers every year.
I'm one to label him as injury prone because I do so with anyone who has had upper and lower body injuries. At any point, your career could be over with a reaggrivation of an old injury or a new one that couples. With that said I wouldn't call him brittle. Some fluke hits crippled him, as they would anyone. Not to mention he played through them, not sure that is a good thing though, but a testament to not being brittle at least.

Back
Top Bottom