Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

not mad or fighting but definitely taking issue with Tannehill being any more inconsistent than any other non top 5ish level qb.

But I do agree that o line play matters for him more than some other QBs in that it needs to be more consistent.

But guess what? That’s not a fireable offense for a qb.

You hold the qb accountable for his portion of the pie. And trust me it’s a large portion pre snap to end play whistle.

But there’s so many other variables like defense and running game and play call competence etc at play here and all impact the qb.

Also I don’t think if the topic is inconsistent qb play talking about the qb that played 5 games for you the same year and was as inconsistent or flat out bad as they come should be off the table.

Natural development of the topic. If someone feels that he/she does not feel blessed because that person thinks Ryan is too inconsistent one could use that as a natural development of a discussion. (and I certainly did not call that discussion off topic).

Osweiler and Pennington and Fiedler are off topic. :pbj:

Are we done now? :lol:

Of course you wouldn't consider made up negatives in response to an article praising Tannehill off topic. You'd consider it a mandatory response......

Can we at least agree that his fascination with my dick is off topic?

not mad or fighting but definitely taking issue with Tannehill being any more inconsistent than any other non top 5ish level qb.

But I do agree that o line play matters for him more than some other QBs in that it needs to be more consistent.

You hold the qb accountable for his portion of the pie. And trust me it’s a large portion pre snap to end play whistle.

But there’s so many other variables like defense and running game and play call competence etc at play here and all impact the qb.

I'm not buying in on Tanny being top 5 especially having to judge him running gase's offense but I do think under mcvay and better interior play we get top 10 type production. I wouldn't mind us drafting an athletic Tackle and playing him at guard like Cody Ford.

Also I don’t think if the topic is inconsistent qb play talking about the qb that played 5 games for you the same year and was as inconsistent or flat out bad as they come should be off the table.
I do believe we all agree that Osweiler is crap. Why even go that low and still compare his overall performance to Ryan or any other QB?

Fair enough.

I might give you the pre snap thing with penny cause any time your timing and placement are Peyton Manning like it stands to reason your pre snap would be pretty close too.

Oakland game comes to mind there was some gimmies pre snap I couldn't imagine Chad missing.

I'm not buying in on Tanny being top 5 especially having to judge him running gase's offense but I do think under mcvay and better interior play we get top 10 type production. I wouldn't mind us drafting an athletic Tackle and playing him at guard like Cody Ford.

I never said top 5 and I wouldn’t blame you for not buying into that if i did. Cause a long time ago when I thought the off script would develop naturally over time like any other qb in the league just about does i was banking on it turning into top 5.

And that odd as it seems hasn’t happened. But fully capable of top 10 play he is.

And that’s why miamis not gonna move on. You can win Super Bowls with top 10 QBs.

And you don’t replace top 10 result caliber ones.

Health was really the only chance of Miami moving on here. And nothing he’s dealing with now is a deal breaker health wise.

And one more thing. I have never seen Ryan Tannehill play as lousy a game qb execution wise as jared Goff and Mitch trubisky played last Sunday night.

Never. So what am I saying? All these guys that everyone says are just obvious and no brainer upgrades they just arent. I see it every damn week in the qb play around the league.

I never said top 5 and I wouldn’t blame you for not buying into that if i did. Cause a long time ago when I thought the off script would develop naturally over time like any other qb in the league just about does i was banking on it turning into top 5.

And that odd as it seems hasn’t happened. But fully capable of top 10 play he is.

And that’s why miamis not gonna move on. You can win Super Bowls with top 10 QBs.

And you don’t replace top 10 result caliber ones.

Health was really the only chance of Miami moving on here. And nothing he’s dealing with now is a deal breaker health wise.

Agreed but we're not gonna get top 10 production under gase, I bet the farm on that. McVay approach to the game is top notch and he completely blamed himself for the Bears loss, no bs about guys are just not executing lol.

I bet Gase let's Burke handle anything to do with defense.

And one more thing. I have never seen Ryan Tannehill play as lousy a game qb execution wise as jared Goff and Mitch trubisky played last Sunday night.

Never. So what am I saying? All these guys that everyone says are just obvious and no brainer upgrades they just arent. I see it every damn week in the qb play around the league.

No argument here, they were horrible.

It sure doesn’t come from tape. On tape tannehills the best qb this teams had since Marino and it’s not close.

You compare tannehill to his peers, not Who he has succeeded. Being the best QB since Marino isn’t much to hang your hat on

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom