Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

I'm one to label him as injury prone because I do so with anyone who has had upper and lower body injuries. At any point, your career could be over with a reaggrivation of an old injury or a new one that couples. With that said I wouldn't call him brittle. Some fluke hits crippled him, as they would anyone. Not to mention he played through them, not sure that is a good thing though, but a testament to not being brittle at least.
I said becoming more brittle. How many games has he been healthy this season? Look I know it's the NFL and players deal with various injuries and still play over the course of a season. I think it's a pretty big deal when the nagging injuries are hindering your starting qb. I'm just worried we are going down a Tony Romo path where it seems like every year it's something different.

The cap hit we are taking from RT this year is entirely on Tannenbaum. He chose to restructure to offset some of the losses he's had with other stupid contracts he's handed out. Tannehill made 8.7M this year. That's the reason why his number is so high next year. They tacked on an additional 12M in restructure bonus.

The guy has averaged less than 9.7M per year over his career thus far.

If you want to track it from his second contract (after rookie deal), he has averaged about $14M.

Not happy about the 26.6 he is getting next year, you can blame Tannenbaum.

That was after a quick look at this contracts and they may be off a tad but that should be pretty close.

Rivers is a few typical seasons away from a gold jacket. Tannehill has JUST started to play well enough (3 games) to be considered for the Ring of Honor...

5-6 more seasons of 9-7 records can get him that respect from a HOF commentator, who is using himself as a reference when speaking, or not speaking, about said QB.

A. All the more reason to accept the fact that poor interior line play affects QBs.
B. The "just started to play well enough" comment is bullshit.

I'll never understand the illogical position taken by Tannehaters that just because Tannehill isn't elite, he shouldn't be affected by things that affect elite QBs.....

It is a completely illogical and indefensible position, yet the haters LINE UP to take it..... f'n amazing..... it's like they don't care about looking stupid as long as they can get a shot on Tannehill.

A. All the more reason to accept the fact that poor interior line play affects QBs.
B. The "just started to play well enough" comment is bullshit.

I'll never understand the illogical position taken by Tannehaters that just because Tannehill isn't elite, he shouldn't be affected by things that affect elite QBs.....

It is a completely illogical and indefensible position, yet the haters LINE UP to take it..... f'n amazing..... it's like they don't care about looking stupid as long as they can get a shot on Tannehill.

If there was an Olympic event for moving the goal post in an argument they would have the gold for sure.

Truly ignorant posters self-identifying here. I mean, some of these guys have absolutely no capability of watching NFL football (including especially other teams and other QBs) and then processing that and applying it reasonably to a constructive argument.

RT is a very good QB and the Dolphin coaches and management (and the rest of the NFL) know that.

That’s really all that matters.

That some here miss the mark so completely is just pure comedy.

Im not a big Tannehill fan but I don't think Ive ever seen a 0td 4int game like Goff had. Trubisky was nearly as bad. Cincinnati and NE this year were Horrible tho and neither of those D's are the Rams/Bears
That is the beast with stats in a vacuum. Do you really need a 0TD 4INT performance to declare one performance worse than the other?
His back to back performances against Buffalo and the Jets in 2013 were every bit as bad. He may not have thrown 4INTs (I believe in the Buffalo game he had no INTs) but those two performances were as horrifying as any. On the other hand Ryan doesn't need to throw 4TDs to have a great game. He had great games with 3 or 2 TDs.
When someone says that Ryan never had a bad game like Goff had they are pure stat watchers and have a completely biased opinion. But that of course goes for the other side as well. Anybody saying Ryan never had a great game because he never threw for 5 TDs is as biased - just the other way.

Thankfully on FH there are only a handful or so of people on either side. For the most part people criticize him when he deserves it and give him credit when he deserves it.

Nah...wasn't me.

I was there at the end of each of the five Super Bowls won by Brady...usualy because he walked all over us to gain a first round bye and two home games before the Super Bowl.

This win againt the Pats seemingly still has Tannehill supporters drunk to have the stones to compare Tannehill to a QB who has had more success than the entire history of our organization.

Of course not. That would be silly. But it's not so silly to point out those who wander into every thread concerning Tannehill just for the sole purpose of peeing in everyone's Cheerios.

.....,,On another subject... To say that the Dolphins are "blessed" to pay someone close to $30 million for ONE year of football is insulting. I know that wasn't your words, but to use that word is sickening when you consider the sacrifices many others in this country take. We are blessed for our troops, fire fighters, police, teachers, etc. for the sacrifices they make. He could of used the word "fortunate",.......

You are apparently unfamiliar with a literary device known as hyperbole. Also metaphor. Understand- not everything is literal.

Last edited:
Truly ignorant posters self-identifying here.

Don Shula, izzat you, or your idiot grand-nephew twice removed who coaches Pop Warner...horribly?

is a very good QB and the Dolphin coaches and management (and the rest of the NFL) know that.

Are we talking about the same coaches and management who thought:
  1. Trading draft capital for Leonte Carroo was a good idea?
  2. Charles Harris was a first rounder?
  3. Bushrod was a starting caliber RG?
  4. Paying Cutler $10 million was a good idea?
  5. Gase not caring about the defense is a good idea?
  6. Throwing a 40 yard bomb on 3rd and 1 was a good idea (Cincy)?
  7. Not throwing a bomb on 3rd and 9 was a good idea (Indy)?
In regards to the rest of the NFL knowing Tannehill is a good QB...show me one season where he was voted as one of the top 100 players by his peers?

Back
Top Bottom