Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

Tannehil can't be relied on to make it fully healthy for 16 games anymore. Not sure why that isn't obvious to everyone. Ironman no more.

There are three games left and already upon his return from shoulder injury he is hobbled two games in. Doubt he makes it unscathed the final three.

He is a Qb that has maximized his skill set and plateaued, there is no magical level left for him to go. You've got a classic run of the mill 8-8 Qb that takes advantage of teams with weak Qb play and the schedule. Year after year. Zero accomplishment to his name, zero winning seasons, zero playoff victories, zero big-game wins. At any inflection point in the season when the game is needed for the Dolphins to go from middle-class to upper-class, Tannehill flunks.

I would argue that he is injury prone now and the organization must hedge its best with a Qb behind him capable of surpassing Tannehill. If not, we are staring at 10-12 games of Tannehill and Osweiller/Moore/[insert-bum] for the rest of the games. Unacceptable organizational planning.

This sums it up nicely from me. The Chiefs had Alex Smith playing at a very similar arguably better level than Tannehill is right now.

They didn’t think Smith could get them over the hump and they drafted / developed the now front runner for NFL MVP.

This whole stitched together 16 games looks great but we were 1-4 headed into that stretch, and if Tannehill could make it through a whole season without having to go backwards multiple years the conversation would be 100% different.

He also had 35 sacks for -260 yards and 9 fumbles. His Any/a was only 6.7 which is good but not great.

Only 465 dropbacks in 16 games, which is basically hiding the qb.

He was tearing up in the Arizona game? He had 3 fumbles.

Please list me the QBs that dont get sacked and lose yards and fumbles. Does he hold the ball too long some times...yep. Do almost all QBs have that issue to a degree cuz they want to try to make a play...yep.

I'd argue the low side dropbacks is a concern about protecting the QB...not hiding him. We simply have not had the Oline to be a pass happy team...

He lost 1 fumble in AZ game and had 3 TDs...and was looking good in the offense before getting knocked out at the end of the 3rd quarter.

As for the advanced stats...Im not a big QBR guy so Im really not much on ANY/A.

Just tell me...if you saw those results without the name Ryan Tannehill attached, you'd bad mouth them?

Tannehil can't be relied on to make it fully healthy for 16 games anymore. Not sure why that isn't obvious to everyone. Ironman no more.

So get rid of Luck and Wentz too, right?

There are three games left and already upon his return from shoulder injury he is hobbled two games in. Doubt he makes it unscathed the final three.

I guess we'll see.

He is a Qb that has maximized his skill set and plateaued, there is no magical level left for him to go. You've got a classic run of the mill 8-8 Qb that takes advantage of teams with weak Qb play and the schedule. Year after year. Zero accomplishment to his name, zero winning seasons, zero playoff victories, zero big-game wins. At any inflection point in the season when the game is needed for the Dolphins to go from middle-class to upper-class, Tannehill flunks.

Total BS.

I would argue that he is injury prone now and the organization must hedge its best with a Qb behind him capable of surpassing Tannehill. If not, we are staring at 10-12 games of Tannehill and Osweiller/Moore/[insert-bum] for the rest of the games. Unacceptable organizational planning.

Every QB in the league is at risk for injury every week. Part of the game.

This sums it up nicely from me. The Chiefs had Alex Smith playing at a very similar arguably better level than Tannehill is right now.

Surrounded by a team that is light years better than the Dolphins.

They didn’t think Smith could get them over the hump and they drafted / developed the now front runner for NFL MVP.

Surrounded by a team that is light years better than the Dolphins.

This whole stitched together 16 games looks great but we were 1-4 headed into that stretch, and if Tannehill could make it through a whole season without having to go backwards multiple years the conversation would be 100% different.

I seriously doubt that it would. Haters gonna hate.

So get rid of Luck and Wentz too, right?

I guess we'll see.

Total BS.

Every QB in the league is at risk for injury every week. Part of the game.

Please list for me all of Tannehill's football accomplishments in comparison to Luck and Wentz, I'll let you even go back to college.

Keep in mind Tannehill has had 5 extra years of play compared to Wentz.

It might sum it up for you, but the Chiefs decided 34 year old Alex Smith wasn't going to get them over the hump, so they made way for their 22 year old first round draft choice. Alex Smith was drafted in 2005. That makes this his 14th season in the league.

For all we know, the Chiefs decided Smith had one or two seasons playing at his current level, and that was it (with good reason. 14 seasons is a heck of a career).

1) Ryan Tannehill is more than 4 years younger than Smith, and is only in his seventh season.

2) Ryan Tannehill is better than Alex Smith.

I've been critical of tannehill at times. But he was fantastic against the pats, and I can't argue with his body of work under gase. I pray he lights it up in these next few games, but even if he does, I doubt it shuts up the dolphin "fans" in here who clearly want him to fail. Sad.

"The only quarterbacks in the NFL with a better passer rating at the moment than Ryan Tannehill are: Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Philip Rivers and Matt Ryan.

That’s it. Nobody else. Tannehill is sixth in the league in passer rating.

Do you think a team like the Giants, Jaguars or Bucs would like to have such a quarterback?

Since returning from a shoulder injury that caused so much pain it felt like he was being repeatedly stabbed, Tannehill has: eight touchdowns and one interception.

Do you think a team like the Bengals, Redskins or Broncos would enjoy such production?

In his last 16 starts, which the last time I checked comprises a typical NFL regular season, Tannehill is 12-4.

Do you think a team like the Raiders, Bengals or Lions would take on a quarterback with such a record?

Cut Tannehill after this season. Go ahead. My message is this: someone else will pay him."

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ami-dolphins-are-blessed-to-have-his-contract

Amen

I think the injury thing is a little overblown right now. He's had some bad breaks recently, but the leg appears to be fully healed and not at greater risk for future injury.

Improve the pass protection and I think the risk is no greater than with any other quarterback.

If a player drinks themselves to death while under contract, does that come off the books? Because that would make Bortles kind of an interesting signing option. You can sign him as a Hail Mary, and if it doesn't work out, you just have the team driver drop him off on South Beach and wait for the coroner's report.

My daughter lives in Atlantic Beach every Saturday down there EVERYONE hits the beach. As she says, "Drinks are on Beach Bar Bortles."

My daughter lives in Atlantic Beach every Saturday down there EVERYONE hits the beach. As she says, "Drinks are on Beach Bar Bortles."

That's very interesting. I've heard from at least a couple of other folks that alleged Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles is allegedly a bigtime alcoholic and party animal. That's allegedly why this alleged quarterback is allegedly hot garbage who allegedly only played well in his alleged contract year because he allegedly sobered up for a couple of months to allegedly cash in before allegedly going back to drinking enough booze in any given 48 hour period to allegedly kill a large domesticated farm animal.

The cap hit for KC trading Smith was only $3.6M, and they had a 1st round pick waiting in the wings. RT's cap hit would be $13M, and we have nothing waiting in the wings. If we are able to do that in the '20 offseason, great; but not this offseason.

Ah, the new goal post. I was wonder who was going to set that..... Why not just move it to its logical conclusion? You'll believe Tannehill is a good QB when he gets fitted for the gold jacket..... (maybe)
For the record, there is no "new goal post" save the ones the Tannehillians create. That comment was a reply to one of you Tannehillians who claim that the NFL knows he's good.

https://finheaven.com/threads/joe-s...have-his-contract.351814/page-11#post-7790607

On the other hand, I could be wrong. Each year, Tannehill could have very well been ranked #101 andd we jusst didn't know it. I honestly can't say he is "good". If I'm being honest, I also truly believe that if the situation was switched between him and Rivers, we would be the same...while the Chargers would have lost by 14 last night.

Please list for me all of Tannehill's football accomplishments in comparison to Luck and Wentz, I'll let you even go back to college.

Keep in mind Tannehill has had 5 extra years of play compared to Wentz.

I thought the issue was durability and being able to count on them...... mooooove the goal posts.......

Back
Top Bottom