Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

For the record, there is no "new goal post" save the ones the Tannehillians create. That comment was a reply to one of you Tannehillians who claim that the NFL knows he's good.

https://finheaven.com/threads/joe-s...have-his-contract.351814/page-11#post-7790607

On the other hand, I could be wrong. Each year, Tannehill could have very well been ranked #101 andd we jusst didn't know it. I honestly can't say he is "good". If I'm being honest, I also truly believe that if the situation was switched between him and Rivers, we would be the same...while the Chargers would have lost by 14 last night.

You're entitled to your opinion, just don't try to pass it off as fact or universally shared.

I think the injury thing is a little overblown right now. He's had some bad breaks recently, but the leg appears to be fully healed and not at greater risk for future injury.

Improve the pass protection and I think the risk is no greater than with any other quarterback.

Should be obvious......

The cap hit for KC trading Smith was only $3.6M, and they had a 1st round pick waiting in the wings. RT's cap hit would be $13M, and we have nothing waiting in the wings. If we are able to do that in the '20 offseason, great; but not this offseason.
To put it a correct timeline on it.
When the Chiefs made a move for Mahones Smith was uncutable and untradeable based on his contract as well. Similar to Ryan next offseason.
Mahones sat a year behind Smith and and the Chiefs were ready to make a move especially since the dead cap of Smith went down. To make it a similar situation we should get a QB through the draft and have him sit a year behind Ryan. If we want to pull a Chief we could trade Ryan in 2020 as our dead cap would only be 5 mill.

paying a avg qb 26million a yr is dangerous.
you are putting to much pressure on someone who will never live out to his Contract. for example Cousins. he put up good number but he is not winner. cousins need teams around him to win. so does thill17.thank to QB Allen and kicker for N.E and drake return for td. we could have lost both games. thill17 should come back next yr. I would still draft qb if one on board I like in rd 1 or 2 for future.

Well, then, I guess it's a good thing, he's better then Average. Is he Elite, or proven to be Elite? No, but when given time, he comes pretty close to showing signs of it, either way, he Is not Average...
  • An average QB have a 12-4 record in his last 16 games on a team still with issues on the O-line, and a consistent Defense.
  • An average QB does not show premium skills when given time.
  • An average QB would not have a 4-1 record against the Belichick coached, Brady QBed Patriots on their home field.
  • Though I don't exactly think he was average during the Philbin years either, during the Gase years he has been way more then just average.

Well, then, I guess it's a good thing, he's better then Average. Is he Elite, or proven to be Elite? No, but when given time, he comes pretty close to showing signs of it, either way, he Is not Average...
  • An average QB have a 12-4 record in his last 16 games on a team still with issues on the O-line, and a consistent Defense.
  • An average QB does not show premium skills when given time.
  • An average QB would not have a 4-1 record against the Belichick coached, Brady QBed Patriots on their home field.
  • Though I don't exactly think he was average during the Philbin years either, during the Gase years he has been way more then just average.
why are you trying proved a point to me. I am not GM of dolphins.. just fan looking at it from my point of views. (I) just feel like 26 m is to much to pay thill17 but what choice do dolphins have. that my concern about big pictures.

For the record, there is no "new goal post" save the ones the Tannehillians create. That comment was a reply to one of you Tannehillians who claim that the NFL knows he's good.

You have like 900 posts and basically all of them are bashing the quarterback and coming up with cute names to call the people who try to rebut your posts.

That's very interesting. I've heard from at least a couple of other folks that alleged Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles is allegedly a bigtime alcoholic and party animal. That's allegedly why this alleged quarterback is allegedly hot garbage who allegedly only played well in his alleged contract year because he allegedly sobered up for a couple of months to allegedly cash in before allegedly going back to drinking enough booze in any given 48 hour period to allegedly kill a large domesticated farm animal.
Bah, he'd be considered an occasional drinker in Ireland.

Surrounded by a team that is light years better than the Dolphins.

Surrounded by a team that is light years better than the Dolphins.

I seriously doubt that it would. Haters gonna hate.

You can doubt it all you want but I can attest to my personal opinion absolutely changing based on injury. I don't know how missing virtually 2 seasons of football could not change the conversation. I understand sometimes you put yourself up against guys on the forum who speak with a little more disregard for detail and actual thought-out opinions, but the grand majority of forum posters don't subscribe to a hate just to hate position.

As far as the team around Tannehill I think you can still improve your team at other positions while simultaneously attempting to improve your QB situation. So the Chiefs having a light years better roster isn't 100% relevant IMO. On top of that, I don't think the two rosters are light years apart. We've got plenty of weapons on offense not taking into account injuries and our defense (as it gets trounced weekly) is still holding up better than the Chiefs and making opportunistic plays.

It might sum it up for you, but the Chiefs decided 34 year old Alex Smith wasn't going to get them over the hump, so they made way for their 22 year old first round draft choice. Alex Smith was drafted in 2005. That makes this his 14th season in the league.

For all we know, the Chiefs decided Smith had one or two seasons playing at his current level, and that was it (with good reason. 14 seasons is a heck of a career).

1) Ryan Tannehill is more than 4 years younger than Smith, and is only in his seventh season.

2) Ryan Tannehill is better than Alex Smith.

"For all we know" is right. I don't know what and why they were thinking, but they invested in their QB position at a time where they were making the playoffs and had a QB playing pretty well, not great, and they succeeded. The Patriots drafted Garapolo and ended up trading him for a 1st rounder. It isn't a requirement to have dogshit at the QB position before you draft one. It just isn't.

And yes, it sums it up for me. It's all just opinions brotha.

You can doubt it all you want but I can attest to my personal opinion absolutely changing based on injury. I don't know how missing virtually 2 seasons of football could not change the conversation. I understand sometimes you put yourself up against guys on the forum who speak with a little more disregard for detail and actual thought-out opinions, but the grand majority of forum posters don't subscribe to a hate just to hate position.

As far as the team around Tannehill I think you can still improve your team at other positions while simultaneously attempting to improve your QB situation. So the Chiefs having a light years better roster isn't 100% relevant IMO. On top of that, I don't think the two rosters are light years apart. We've got plenty of weapons on offense not taking into account injuries and our defense (as it gets trounced weekly) is still holding up better than the Chiefs and making opportunistic plays.

"For all we know" is right. I don't know what and why they were thinking, but they invested in their QB position at a time where they were making the playoffs and had a QB playing pretty well, not great, and they succeeded. The Patriots drafted Garapolo and ended up trading him for a 1st rounder. It isn't a requirement to have dogshit at the QB position before you draft one. It just isn't.

Both teams you mentioned had championship caliber rosters and much older QBs. As I have said many many times in the past, when we have a quality roster, I'll be all for upgrading the QB position if an upgrade becomes available.

why are you trying proved a point to me. I am not GM of dolphins.. just fan looking at it from my point of views. (I) just feel like 26 m is to much to pay thill17 but what choice do dolphins have. that my concern about big pictures.
Ethan Skolnick says his cap number for next season is 18.5m. Yet I see many people use the 26m number. Which one is it and why the discrepency?

Tannehill is a below average QB and Miami can't win with him vs concerns about the QB position and being stuck with an Osweiler or Cutler for several games or more going forward are very different positions in my mind. The latter is a reasonable one that bears (no pun intended) discussion in the off season.

Back
Top Bottom