Joe Schad: Dolphins View Neville Hewitt as Potential Starter | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: Dolphins View Neville Hewitt as Potential Starter

I missed that part

I have been accused in the past (not by you) of picking and choosing which plays I posted (and to that I say do your own work to prove me wrong) so I wanted to make this open debate as fair as possible. :up:

Well we can all agree that Maxwell sucks at tackling and seems genuinely unwilling. That's where I really like Lippett. Lippett has shown to be a very willing tackler and if I remember correctly, last year he was very unwilling in that area

Well we can all agree that Maxwell sucks at tackling and seems genuinely unwilling. That's where I really like Lippett. Lippett has shown to be a very willing tackler and if I remember correctly, last year he was very unwilling in that area

Maxwell is had done better at it recently, and honestly, cornerbacks being bad at tackling isn't just a maxwell problem, most cornerbacks are sub par at best.

I think it's one of the kore underrated aspects to cornerbacks, the same way running backs being and at blocking is overlooked quite often.

Maxwell is had done better at it recently, and honestly, cornerbacks being bad at tackling isn't just a maxwell problem, most cornerbacks are sub par at best.

I think it's one of the kore underrated aspects to cornerbacks, the same way running backs being and at blocking is overlooked quite often.

That's why I always argued that Rod Woodson was a better cornerback than prime time. Slight advantage to Sanders in coverage, but Woodson tackled like a LB. sanders tackled like a girl.

and I was very critical of Maxwell early, in particular about lack of run support. He has tackled much better the last few games...

That's why I always argued that Rod Woodson was a better cornerback than prime time. Slight advantage to Sanders in coverage, but Woodson tackled like a LB. sanders tackled like a girl.

and I was very critical of Maxwell early, in particular about lack of run support. He has tackled much better the last few games...

Eh, I get what your saying, but Primetime took away his entire side of the field though. Teams didn't even throw to his side, that has a huge effect on a game. For me, that's like when people say rice was better than moss because he ran more routes. I just don't agree.

Now if you said champ Bailey, I might agree. He took away his side of the field, while at one point intercepting 1/3 passes on his side, while also being a very good tackler.

Bailey was a hell of an all around corner. Ill grant Sanders in coverage, but I couldn't abide his tackling...

Bailey was a hell of an all around corner. Ill grant Sanders in coverage, but I couldn't abide his tackling...

Tackling wasn't good, but players who can shift an entire offense/defense away from them or towards them is extremely rare.

If sanders was on the field, as a defensive coordinator, you didn't have to worry about that side of the field and could focus your entire defense away from him.

Can't put a price on that. To have a single player thst controls the spacing on the entire field is an advantage few players in NFL history can provide.

IMO the only recent players that do that are Gronk and Revis. Maybe Earl Thomas during his super bowl year, but he isn't quite that level anymore.

Can't put a price on a player who takes away an entire area of the field.

Ha ha maxwell running beside the ball carrier rather than taking the initiative to tackle the ball carrier

No surprise...theres a lot of you guys do it i dont want to with him

I like Neville...I like keeping the players and building them up....

Get him in the weight room, get him in the play book...he has the athleticism...build him up. You can't draft ready made players 24/7.

I say he is a keeper.

Crazy thought huh? I mean developing your own players never works right?

I like his skill set and thinks he coming along nicely.

Back
Top Bottom