John Beck Interview | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Beck Interview

well after all the reports that i've read and heard i know believe that the dolphins front office think highly of beck but i have a burning question...if the parcells regime think so highly of beck and ginn why was the man that picked both of those players fired? it seems so unfair. what was the point of hiring bill parcells if we already had a good nucleus of players?

It may be unfair, but that's the business of the NFL. When someone new in charge comes in, 9 times out of 10 that person wants to have his own people. If Beck and Ginn turn out to be Pro Bowl players, it may have been Cameron and Mueller that picked them. However, Parcells, Ireland, and Sparano will get the credit for their emergence.

Please...

The Beck supporters, for the most part, don't believe Ryan sucks...

We just believe he's not worth a #1 overall pick.

The only comparison I've seen between Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf or Alex Smith is that both of those were assumed to be "can't miss" picks, too.

We know how that turned out... :wink:

The majority of Ryan supporters havent written Beck off either. They just see a chance to bring in someone better. Alex Smith was certainly anything other than a "cant miss" pick. I remember Ryan Leaf also having alot of questions about his game. Peyton too. Carson Palmer is probably the last "cant miss" prospect that I remember coming out. That turned out pretty well.

It may be unfair, but that's the business of the NFL. When someone new in charge comes in, 9 times out of 10 that person wants to have his own people. If Beck and Ginn turn out to be Pro Bowl players, it may have been Cameron and Mueller that picked them. However, Parcells, Ireland, and Sparano will get the credit for their emergence.

And that is one of the reasons parcells came to the dolphins. And all the media and fan will be singing his praises. The man is definitely shrewd.

Funny how you try and defend yourself. It's one thing to come out and say that you don't think Beck is a quality NFL starter or that the position should be upgraded. It's quite another for you, and some of your supporters, on other threads who have repeatedly stated that "he sucks". That is a classless thing to post about the guy, regardless of how you feel about Ryan or Beck.

Repeatedly stated?? I never said it once. I never said he sucks. I said he sucked last year(well actually I said he blew) and I have no problem sticking to that. Its true. Watch the games. His play was disgraceful last year. Thats why he blew(past tense).

Will he always blow(present and future)? I dont think anyone can make that claim for sure one way or the other. You cant fairly say he will always blow, and you cant say he will be good in the future either. We will find out as time goes on like everyone else will.

And stop with the kid gloves for this guy. You guys act like he is 6 years old or something. Im sure he cashed his paychecks from last season. And he is a grown man. If you suck at your job dosent your boss let you know? How bout your co-workers? If they are constantly picking up your slack, one person will usually have the guts to let you know. If you start a job and youre new to it, no experience in the field, yet you strugle, does your boss baby you about it when its time to have a talk about your performance? I doubt it. Maybe if you were 6. But, not if you are an adult.

Arent QB's people?

Arent QB's people?

Yes, they are people. However, if Parcells sees enough in Beck he'll stick with him and give him a shot. If he doesn't see enough in Beck he'll draft somebody else. Could it be Ryan? Possibly. We'll just have to wait and see. I mean, while the new Dolphins regime fired most of Cameron's coaching staff, they did keep Kicking coach Steve Hoffman, and Linebackers coach George Edwards. Cleaning house doesn't necessarily mean blowing EVERYTHING up. It has more to do with cleaning out the crap and dead weight, and if you're able to find something that's salvagable, you keep it.

Back
Top Bottom