John Beck Interview | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Beck Interview

First, I guess you didnt read my more serious post yet where I mention that him being a dork is good in some ways and that he is a class act.

Secondly, dude chill out. Some of you act like Beck's mom. Is it that big of a deal that someone calls him a dork? He is a dork btw. And if you notice, I think a dork is a good thing in alot of ways. Peyton Manning is a HUGE dork. I will take him on the team anytime. He has talent to go with his dorkiness too.

And thanks for the insult. You should act more like your hero John Beck and refrain from the heavy attacks. I just called the guy a dork. Didnt even call you one. Why do you care so much that I said he is a dork. Not only is it true, but its not really a bad thing IMHO.

I notice you completely avoided my argument against your soul mate, Matt Ryan. Perhaps you were still too distracted from my "heavy attack" by calling you a clown. Thats rough stuff. Yet I do apologize for any hard feelings.

In reference to your dork brigade: I just get the feeling that a grown man, father and husband, and NFL football player wouldnt appreciate being called a "dork" as much as you think he wouldnt mind.

Talking about how dorky a professional football player is, while we're sitting on a message board talking about him, seems a lot more "dorky" than anything Beck is saying.

To make logical arguments about disliking Beck for his play is one thing. I respect someone like adamprez2003's Ryan support because he actually discusses positives/negatives and will even agree on Beck's positives if it's obvious.

Before they were popular or famous, you could have said Brady, Manning(s), Romo, Favre, etc. were either goofy or "dorky." Come on...arguing is one thing, but having some grudge and going around and thanking every person who says anything semi-negative about Beck is not really necessary. Nobody looks at "Beck is dorky!!!!" and says "wow, maybe we shouldn't look at him as a future QB."

What if the FO really likes Beck, and he comes in and plays great...would all of this talk just automatically stop? I don't get it...:shakeno:

:lol: Romo is a huge dork too. Im dying to tell him to turn his hat around one day.

Being a dork in no way keeps you from being a good QB, and I never said that it did. I think someone else in this thread mightve suggested something to that effect, but not I. Peyton is as big a dork as their is. So its hard to believe that being a dork hurts your chances of being good at playing QB.

Want me to point out some Beck positives?

Beck has a quick release. He seems like a nice man. He seems to like football alot(thats a positive if you play QB). He can throw the ball far.(Saw that clip of that incomplete hail mary attempt here on finheaven)

Thats about all I can think of right now. If he ever demonstates some more I will post them.

Anyone else find humor in the fact that ON THIS SITE there is an interview posted of BECK at a MAKE A WISH foundation gathering???

and come on man. how classless is this comment. The man is doing a wonderful thing for these kids who are in horrible situations. and you use it as a joke about your opinion of his career. thats low man.

:lol: Romo is a huge dork too. Im dying to tell him to turn his hat around one day.

Being a dork in no way keeps you from being a good QB, and I never said that it did. I think someone else in this thread mightve suggested something to that effect, but not I. Peyton is as big a dork as their is. So its hard to believe that being a dork hurts your chances of being good at playing QB.

Want me to point out some Beck positives?

Beck has a quick release. He seems like a nice man. He seems to like football alot(thats a positive if you play QB). He can throw the ball far.(Saw that clip of that incomplete hail mary attempt here on finheaven)

Thats about all I can think of right now. If he ever demonstates some more I will post them.

That's fair, thank you :lol:

I notice you completely avoided my argument against your soul mate, Matt Ryan. Perhaps you were still too distracted from my "heavy attack" by calling you a clown. Thats rough stuff. Yet I do apologize for any hard feelings.

In reference to your dork brigade: I just get the feeling that a grown man, father and husband, and NFL football player wouldnt appreciate being called a "dork" as much as you think he wouldnt mind.

Somehow I dont think John Beck would care what I think. I like dorks anyway as long as they are funny and like football and/or baseball. Im pretty much a dork myself.

I imagine if I knew Beck personally, I would enjoy his company.

As far as watching him QB my beloved phins.....so far I havent cared too much for that at all. Hopefully, if he gets a chance to lead our offense again, he will do much better and I will enjoy it. I hope so. I wish the best for the guy.

I would root for the guy if he played on another team as long as he wasnt playing the phins or a team that it would help out the phins if they won. There are some other players in the league who I root for in situations where if they win it dosent hurt us or they are playing a game that has no bearing on us(like an NFC game).

I root for the good guys. Beck seems like a good guy. Now a punk like TO I will root against them in every circumstance possible. If he played for the phins I would obviously root for him, but it would be difficult. Im gonna have a tough time pulling for Randy Starks, but as long as he wears the aqua and orange I will.

and come on man. how classless is this comment. The man is doing a wonderful thing for these kids who are in horrible situations. and you use it as a joke about your opinion of his career. thats low man.

:lol: Wow. Lighten up man. Please. I think its great he is helping sick kids. You mustve missed the joke.

:lol: Wow. Lighten up man. Please. I think its great he is helping sick kids. You mustve missed the joke.

i dont think theres any humor involved in comparing cancer patients and dying children with the career of a football player, which you believe to be dismal.

nope no humor to it. pretty classless

John Beck strikes me as the type of guy who went home the day the season ended and practices snaps with his wife 500 times a night. I don't think he's going to let the whole fumble fiasco to happen again.

i dont think theres any humor involved in comparing cancer patients and dying children with the career of a football player, which you believe to be dismal.

nope no humor to it. pretty classless

Who was comparing the two?

First, I guess you didnt read my more serious post yet where I mention that him being a dork is good in some ways and that he is a class act.

Secondly, dude chill out. Some of you act like Beck's mom. Is it that big of a deal that someone calls him a dork? He is a dork btw. And if you notice, I think a dork is a good thing in alot of ways. Peyton Manning is a HUGE dork. I will take him on the team anytime. He has talent to go with his dorkiness too.

And thanks for the insult. You should act more like your hero John Beck and refrain from the heavy attacks. I just called the guy a dork. Didnt even call you one. Why do you care so much that I said he is a dork. Not only is it true, but its not really a bad thing IMHO.

Funny how you try and defend yourself. It's one thing to come out and say that you don't think Beck is a quality NFL starter or that the position should be upgraded. It's quite another for you, and some of your supporters, on other threads who have repeatedly stated that "he sucks". That is a classless thing to post about the guy, regardless of how you feel about Ryan or Beck.

He can be the nicest kid and have the greatest work ethic in the world, but if he can't figure out how to handle the snap and not fumble without a defender touching him, then success will be hard to come by.

So true, I think he will get through it this year, too much pressure last year, on the flip side, same thing goes with Matt Ryan, he could have all the so called intangibles in the world, but if he continues to throw to players wearing a different Jersey, success will also be very tough for him.

oh you know that WV isnt going to get off ryna's jock and hes going to continue to shoot down beck. being from west virginia i try to picture what he looks like and all i can see is those dudes from the hills have eyes 2 LOL

Funny how you try and defend yourself. It's one thing to come out and say that you don't think Beck is a quality NFL starter or that the position should be upgraded. It's quite another for you, and some of your supporters, on other threads who have repeatedly stated that "he sucks". That is a classless thing to post about the guy, regardless of how you feel about Ryan or Beck.

Come on now, how many Beck supporters say Ryan sucks and compare him to Alex Smith or Ryan Leaf? How's that any different?

Come on now, how many Beck supporters say Ryan sucks and compare him to Alex Smith or Ryan Leaf? How's that any different?

Please...

The Beck supporters, for the most part, don't believe Ryan sucks...

We just believe he's not worth a #1 overall pick.

The only comparison I've seen between Matt Ryan and Ryan Leaf or Alex Smith is that both of those were assumed to be "can't miss" picks, too.

We know how that turned out... :wink:

well after all the reports that i've read and heard i know believe that the dolphins front office think highly of beck but i have a burning question...if the parcells regime think so highly of beck and ginn why was the man that picked both of those players fired? it seems so unfair. what was the point of hiring bill parcells if we already had a good nucleus of players?

Back
Top Bottom