John Beck Interview | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Beck Interview

McCown can sit there and talk all day long about how he wants to be the starter. All that talk won't mean jack when he's holding a clipboard on the sideline. Give me a quarterback that let's his actions speak for themselves. Sometimes leading by example, is better than being led by words.

it doesn't mean anything that he sounds like a nerd but i think he needs some help in the leadership department. maybe that will come with time. i must admit that i've held a grudge with beck since the jets game...i was sickened by him and his play. if i was on the sideline i would have punched him in the face.

it doesn't mean anything that he sounds like a nerd but i think he needs some help in the leadership department. maybe that will come with time. i must admit that i've held a grudge with beck since the jets game...i was sickened by him and his play. if i was on the sideline i would have punched him in the face.

I'm glad you going away from the sounding like a nerd thing. Mike Tyson sounds like the biggest weenie on the planet, yet you nor I wouldn' think about getting in the ring with him. It is about results, not personalities.

Take away some disastrous plays last year(granted, which is hard to do) I thought Beck showed some good things in maybe the worst conditions I have ever seen for a rookie QB to go through.

BTW if you were to punch everyone that played poorly in that game then it would be considered a spree.

dealing with the jets fans seated all around me made it the worst game experince ever. by the third quarter jets fans around me were yelling "how do you like your goofy little mormon now". it was horrible. "he's chris weinke without the heisman". it was endless so i will never forgive him for that game.

dealing with the jets fans seated all around me made it the worst game experince ever. by the third quarter jets fans around me were yelling "how do you like your goofy little mormon now". it was horrible. "he's chris weinke without the heisman". it was endless so i will never forgive him for that game.

Man, screw those fans. It's not like their quarterback situation is anything to scream about.

Beck is likable.

He also seems naive.

He is humble.

His overall demeanor does not emanate charisma.

He has some, but I kinda wish he would take command of the conversation a bit more and talk about his drive to be the best and how he intends to use this drive to be a team leader. He seems to have desire and I think the humility is good, but he seems to be lacking confidence and conviction.

Without that he can never make it.

If he grows into it, which many guys do, he could be special.

It's all about animalistic hunger, Johnny, and I hope you got it for all of our sakes!

Beck reminds me of that backup Quarterback in North Dallas Forty

Why does everyone BABY John Beck so much. Last time I checked he was a grown *** man making a huge paycheck to play a game. Dude is getting huge checks to play, youre allowed to say he flat out blew last year when its the truth.

Instead everyone makes every excuse possible. And hey I realize he was a rookie playing on a garbage team and therefore if he dosent play great its understandable, but if he plays absolutely horribly, then you dont have to baby the MAN. He is supposed to be a PRO. Is it too much to ask if we expect him to be at least respectable out there? Show a LITTLE BIT of skill? Make one or two plays that make us think he has potential? And I dont count the 2nd half of the Bungles game of course(for obvious reasons).

Im not writing him off. Rookie QBs on garbage teams with little help at other skill positions should struggle a bit. But, he took it to another level and Im sorry, but that is troubling me some. I dont see how it dosent bother people. At least fans of the team. I can see how it didnt bother fans of the Bills and Jets.

Instead everyone treats him like he's an 8 year old playing in a church league or pee wee game where EVERYONE is a winner and if you blow youre just the "last winner". No one is a loser. Get real people. Please. He's a grown man.

And Casas is right.....Beck is a dork.

Anyone else find humor in the fact that ON THIS SITE there is an interview posted of BECK at a MAKE A WISH foundation gathering???

Yea a football dork. Last I heard he LOVED the game of football. BP type of player. I like how immediately after the season ended he started working on his game with QB coach Lee (the guy who developed Romo and i forgot who else) . I want him to succeed so bad so he can give us a QB to be proud about. its been too long

Why does everyone BABY John Beck so much. Last time I checked he was a grown *** man making a huge paycheck to play a game. Dude is getting huge checks to play, youre allowed to say he flat out blew last year when its the truth.

Instead everyone makes every excuse possible. And hey I realize he was a rookie playing on a garbage team and therefore if he dosent play great its understandable, but if he plays absolutely horribly, then you dont have to baby the MAN. He is supposed to be a PRO. Is it too much to ask if we expect him to be at least respectable out there. Show a LITTLE BIT of skill? Make one or two plays that make us think he has potential? And I dont count the 2nd half of the Bungles game of course(for obvious reasons).

Im not writing him off. Rookie QBs on garbage teams with little help at other skill positions should struggle a bit. But, he took it to another level and Im sorry, but that is troubling me some. I dont see how it dosent bother people. At least fans of the team. I can see how it didnt bother fans of the Bills and Jets. Instead everyone treats him like he's an 8 year old playing in a church league or pee wee game where EVERYONE is a winner and if you blow youre just the "last winner". No one is a loser. Get real people. Please. He's a grown man.

And Casas is right.....Beck is a dork.

You are an absolute clown. You go around and "thank" everyone who says anything negative about Beck. Grow up man, he's on the roster of your supposed favorite team (though some might question that) and he deserves not to be run out of town or called a "geek" because of his demeanor. It appears extremely obvious that he has a much higher level of class than you do.

And with all your negativity towards Beck why is it that you refuse to consider the extreme negatives present in Matt Ryan's skills as a football player. He is INT prone, he must enjoy throwing them and making rash decisions because its all he did his entire collegiate career. And im not just saying that because thats what the draft analysts said. I actually watched the man play the game and his skills are being blown out of the water from fans such as yourself.
Take a step back and reconsider .. why would you want the Dolphins to invest that much money in an INT prone QB (at a collegiate rank mind you, p.s. even Joey Harrington and David Carr weren't INT happy in college and look how they performed in the NFL) and waste a talent like Beck. and even if you think Beck has no talent, the way to voice your misconstrued opinion should not be by bashing his character by calling him a "dork".

Drafting Matt Ryan is a much much bigger risk than developing Beck from within our organization and clearly we've supplied the appropriate coaching to do just that.

Yea a football dork. Last I heard he LOVED the game of football. BP type of player. I like how immediately after the season ended he started working on his game with QB coach Lee (the guy who developed Romo and i forgot who else) . I want him to succeed so bad so he can give us a QB to be proud about. its been too long

Good point.

Beck seems like a good guy btw, too. Class act. The type of guy I root for. I will take a dork like Beck on my team over a clown like TO or Chad Johnson any day.

You are an absolute clown. You go around and "thank" everyone who says anything negative about Beck. Grow up man, he's on the roster of your supposed favorite team (though some might question that) and he deserves not to be run out of town or called a "geek" because of his demeanor. It appears extremely obvious that he has a much higher level of class than you do.

And with all your negativity towards Beck why is it that you refuse to consider the extreme negatives present in Matt Ryan's skills as a football player. He is INT prone, he must enjoy throwing them and making rash decisions because its all he did his entire collegiate career. And im not just saying that because thats what the draft analysts said. I actually watched the man play the game and his skills are being blown out of the water from fans such as yourself.
Take a step back and reconsider .. why would you want the Dolphins to invest that much money in an INT prone QB (at a collegiate rank mind you, p.s. even Joey Harrington and David Carr weren't INT happy in college and look how they performed in the NFL) and waste a talent like Beck. and even if you think Beck has no talent, the way to voice your misconstrued opinion should not be by bashing his character by calling him a "dork".

Drafting Matt Ryan is a much much bigger risk than developing Beck from within our organization and clearly we've supplied the appropriate coaching to do just that.

First, I guess you didnt read my more serious post yet where I mention that him being a dork is good in some ways and that he is a class act.

Secondly, dude chill out. Some of you act like Beck's mom. Is it that big of a deal that someone calls him a dork? He is a dork btw. And if you notice, I think a dork is a good thing in alot of ways. Peyton Manning is a HUGE dork. I will take him on the team anytime. He has talent to go with his dorkiness too.

And thanks for the insult. You should act more like your hero John Beck and refrain from the heavy attacks. I just called the guy a dork. Didnt even call you one. Why do you care so much that I said he is a dork. Not only is it true, but its not really a bad thing IMHO.

Sounds like those Jets fans have the same attitude the Ryan hypers have...

"Beck didn't show anything in a season in which he wasn't even supposed to play, so he's a bust..."

:rolleyes2:

Talking about how dorky a professional football player is, while we're sitting on a message board talking about him, seems a lot more "dorky" than anything Beck is saying.

To make logical arguments about disliking Beck for his play is one thing. I respect someone like adamprez2003's Ryan support because he actually discusses positives/negatives and will even agree on Beck's positives if it's obvious.

Before they were popular or famous, you could have said Brady, Manning(s), Romo, Favre, etc. were either goofy or "dorky." Come on...arguing is one thing, but having some grudge and going around and thanking every person who says anything semi-negative about Beck is not really necessary. Nobody looks at "Beck is dorky!!!!" and says "wow, maybe we shouldn't look at him as a future QB."

What if the FO really likes Beck, and he comes in and plays great...would all of this talk just automatically stop? I don't get it...:shakeno:

WV how can you just judge a guy based on 4 games with a porous pass protection with a non existent run game? Honestly the team had to many injuries to even be judged. If Ryan was in the situation he would have done far worst. Ryan is overrated the guy will do nothing for his team when their in a hole.

Back
Top Bottom