John Beck Interview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Beck Interview

he is a great character guy but what i got from that interview is the dolphins brass really have not told him anything on what their plans are for him.

I really hope beck can prove all the doubter's out there wrong. Even if all he does is learn to not fumble the ball he is already ten times better. He has the stuff to be a leader, I hope he makes the most of his opportunity next year as he said in the interview. Good luck Beck, make us proud!

Great person and he has the potential to be a great player as well. All that i hope is they give him a legit starting shot with a solid O-Line and some weapons around him.

He can be the nicest kid and have the greatest work ethic in the world, but if he can't figure out how to handle the snap and not fumble without a defender touching him, then success will be hard to come by.
I could assemble a video clip 5 minutes long of the greatest QBs of all time and show you stupid mistake after stupid mistake, with a ton of bloopers mixed in. It's called nerves.

Is it just me, or does he look thinner in the interview?

This is a great kid. I have yet to see and interview where he did not impress me with his demeanor and maturity. I have read so many times what a hard worker and student of the game he is. If he is put into the right situation, with a good line, a running game, steady talented WR, a defense to stop the opposing team, and special teams giving him good field position, I think this guy will excell and be more then capable of taking care of the QB position for our Miami Dolphins.

it was a little surprising when he said at the end of the interview that he hopes he's given a shot while mccown has told every one and their mothers that he's gonna be the starter. it just seems that he has had very little communication with the front office.

He can be the nicest kid and have the greatest work ethic in the world, but if he can't figure out how to handle the snap and not fumble without a defender touching him, then success will be hard to come by.

ditto LaMarcus Russell... and of course if Ryan can't think fast enough on his feet to eliminate the gunslinger mentality and cut down on the bonehead interceptions in an even more competitive environment.. then success for him will also be hard to come by.

it was a little surprising when he said at the end of the interview that he hopes he's given a shot while mccown has told every one and their mothers that he's gonna be the starter. it just seems that he has had very little communication with the front office.
Think he knows we're drafting Ryan :D

I just think he is trying to stay humble. And maybe show that he knows he has to earn it.

Yeah, he was so prone to that in college:rolleyes:.
Did bashers like you ever stop to think that perhaps he was very tight in some of those games because he is conscientious and probably put a lot more responsibility on himself than he should have. It wasn't his fault Cam couldn't coach or that his surrounding cast was outmatched, but perhaps being a stand up guy, probably put to much pressure on himself to try and overcome the shortcomings of his team mates.
At least that's the way I see it. I thinks it's ridiculous for some to keep making stupid posts about his so called propensity to fumble the snap. I didn't see it during preseason and I din't see it during his 1st 2 starts. :shakeno:

Think he knows we're drafting Ryan :D

yeah so we can be set back another 3-5 yrs while watching this so-called "franchise" QB throw 20+ picks a season.
Ryan is a gunslinger, but he doesn't have the release or the arm strength to get away with it in the NFL. He's no Favre or Marino. Wait until he sees how fast NFL CB's break on a ball when it's in the air:lol:

Yeah, he was so prone to that in college:rolleyes:.
Did bashers like you ever stop to think that perhaps he was very tight in some of those games because he is conscientious and probably put a lot more responsibility on himself than he should have. It wasn't his fault Cam couldn't coach or that his surrounding cast was outmatched, but perhaps being a stand up guy, probably put to much pressure on himself to try and overcome the shortcomings of his team mates.
At least that's the way I see it. I thinks it's ridiculous for some to keep making stupid posts about his so called propensity to fumble the snap. I didn't see it during preseason and I din't see it during his 1st 2 starts. :shakeno:

Exactly. This kid had the weight of the whole franchise on his shoulders. A proud franchise with a history for winning games that everyone was wondering if they would win any games. No doubt this weighed heavily on his shoulders. As has been said many times. He had a serious lack of talent around him and, if I recall, was only splitting reps with the first team. I don't recall seeing a fumbling problem in the preseason, nor reading about one during his college days. This will be a breakout year for Beck. If not, I will admit I was wrong. If so, I hope all the Beck Bashers will also admit it.

I like Beck, I think hes going to be a good QB for us. But the point about the fumbles is a legit one. He had a multiple game streak where he was fumbling snaps until Lemon replaced him. The when he comes into the cincy game he fumbles the snap again? I don't expect the fumbles to stay a problem because he didn't have that kind of problem in college. But he still needs to prove that on the field.

Back
Top Bottom