Jonnu Smith and Dolphins reach a deal | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith and Dolphins reach a deal

I’ve geeked out and watched about an hours worth of clips on Jonnu tonight and couldn’t be happier with the signing considering the low cost.

The dude is only 28, has proven to be pretty durable, and has put up some very nice film for a TE that has literally played his entire career with average-to-awful QB play.

Again, considering the cost and his age, not a lot to dislike about this one. I’m extremely interested to see what McD schemes up for him.
It's pretty much the best we could have hoped for IMO. We can't afford to draft a TE this year and we're strapped financially, so we just picked up a still young vet who produces YAC at a high clip and can also help in the run game. When our top TE's were Smythe and a rookie UDFA this past year, this is big improvement and relatively cheap. Great signing.

Can anyone explain this to me since we are currently over the cap?

That means Tua is likely getting a new contract this weekend that will reduce the cap enough to get compliant, or close to. If they can’t reduce the cap enough with his contract than Jeff Wilson and Mike White will be released to come up with the rest.

Clearly they know they can get under the cap before Wednesday. Also guessing a bigger chunk of his money will be paid next year rather than this year.

Any idea of the structure? How much do we need to cut to get cap conpliant?

Back
Top Bottom