Jonnu Smith and Dolphins reach a deal | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith and Dolphins reach a deal

Hill and Waddle seem to spend a lot time catching passes where a slot receiver would normally roam. Doesn't seem like much of a need. OL is critical, Edge is very questionable with Chubb and Phillips injuries, CB is always a need.

Just imagine the degree that having this effective a TE will have on opening up the field for Hill and especially Waddle.

Again... disagree... in general, you line true X receivers up outside and run them mostly sideline and downfield.
Hill runs a lot of motions and bunch sets to get them open... call him whatever you want, but his usage is as a slot.
I like both positions presented.
Figure that one out. - LOL

They have to have at the very least 13 to 15 can't miss prospects ......there will be reaches and surprises. Need ol lb corner dt if Wilkins is out. Hope they don't try and replace Wilkins with journey man.

A good player they have rated high falls to 21st...if not trade down. You can still get quality players in the 2nd 3rd and so on. I hope they did their homework.
After this signing, I would not complain too much about trading down - well, maybe just a little. - LOL

The well drying up about 6 days from now!

Miami wasn't going to sign many players and if Jonnu didn't take this deal, there is a chance a week from now they wouldn't be able to make the same offer to him.

He's been collecting NFL pay checks for 8 years so a little more cash from a team he didn't want to play for wouldn't have swayed his decision.

Just about all the playoff teams from last year already have TE's. The allure of playing for McDaniel, in an area he's familiar with, would trump getting a little more money from a place he didn't want to live in, like Cincinnati Ohio, for example.

Not sure there was a better situation in the entire league for him, than with Miami, so if I know that, he knows that too.
I lived in Cincinnati for 45 years and liked it a lot. It could have been much worse, i've visited Pittsburg. - LOL

Those are TEs that are 2nd round picks. No way do the Fins pick a TE now. They barely use the TE right now. They have to go OL, CB, or LB, or DL with the 1st 2 picks.
I suspect the 1st two picks will be offensive linemen.
Possibly the first three picks.

Hey @keller377, you have some really good information here, but I had to read it 3 times to get the cryptic message...

So... Jonnu played well in Tennessee but was a salary cap casualty. Then NE overpaid him and wasn't able to utilize him for many reasons: Bad QB, bad OC, no WR1, Hunter Henry etc. (Now 2+ revenge games are circled on his calender)!

So N.E. Belichiked Smith to Atlanta where his former Titans OC was now the HC. The Falcons were able to use him effectively as a surprise weapon and he did great. But now the Falcons don't need his skill-set at his price and want to avoid any possible coaching backlash.

OK now I get it. Bad coaching, bad personnel fits, and bad teams help explain his enigmatic career.

What now? Under-the-radar opportunity for Jonnu and Miami which has high-ceiling possibilities!

Thanks @keller377 I have a much better feeling about Jonnu as a Dolphin fit.

I also like the price.

:rbt:

Cryptic doesnt mean summarized, but thanks I guess.

TE's and money. Schultz about to be the same thing but 3 teams in 3 years. It's a valid question, but some players it's not that big a deal.
2 teams.

Back
Top Bottom