****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Love is talented. He appears to have helped himself at the combine and endeared himself to Miami's F/O. Once F/A settles and players like Brady, Rivers and Bridgewater find new homes, it may be an indication, as to what could transpire on draft night. Especially if the Colts and Chargers are able to sign the F/A QB's like many suspect. It would take the Colts, Chargers and potentially the Raiders out of the QB market in the 1st round. Miami may be able to slide down a few spots and select Love or Herbert in such a scenario. Love certainly has made himself a few bucks this week at the combine. He seems like a humble kid.

I don't think the Lions are going to get the chance to take Tua. The Redskins are serious players for a QB at #2. I've read Ron Rivera is not enamoured with Haskins. There is growing speculation that Washington is very, very serious about moving on from Haskins.
I've heard on TV some scuttlebutt that Haskins is not the most conscientious guy and could not understand/master the playbooks. Rivera seems to have a free hand (supposedly Dan Snider assured him he will not interfere as part of the deal; I would not be surprised if they take Tua, even if it means passing on Chase Young.

Because of the above suppositions, I'm one who sincerely hopes Love shines on pro D day, on the whiteboard and in interviews and then lives up to that hype if we take him.

People read way too much into everything. We're not gonna tell anyone what we're thinking. We drafted players before we never even talked to. And we've met with players in the past more than once that we passed on so none of this means anything at this point.

I've heard on TV some scuttlebutt that Haskins is not the most conscientious guy and could not understand/master the playbooks. Rivera seems to have a free hand (supposedly Dan Snider assured him he will not interfere as part of the deal; I would not be surprised if they take Tua, even if it means passing on Chase Young.

Because of the above suppositions, I'm one who sincerely hopes Love shines on pro D day, on the whiteboard and in interviews and then lives up to that hype if we take him.
I've read the same things about Haskins. There are rumors he can't read defenses. Apparently the coaching staff last season grew frustrated with him. And now Dan Schneider realizes he might of made a huge mistake, by over ruling his scouts and coaches, when he forced the Haskins selection. He seems to seriously respect Rivera. This smoke or fire that's beginning to build around the #2 pick being a QB, I think is being dismissed to easily by the fan base. The Redskins may very will pull a Arizona Cardinals type situation on draft night and take the QB. I agree with you on Jordan Love. Miami didn't do all that extra due diligence in 2018 for nothing.

I've read the same things about Haskins. There are rumors he can't read defenses. Apparently the coaching staff last season grew frustrated with him. And now Dan Schneider realizes he might of made a huge mistake, by over ruling his scouts and coaches, when he forced the Haskins selection. He seems to seriously respect Rivera. This smoke or fire that's beginning to build around the #2 pick being a QB, I think is being dismissed to easily by the fan base. The Redskins may very will pull a Arizona Cardinals type situation on draft night and take the QB. I agree with you on Jordan Love. Miami didn't do all that extra due diligence in 2018 for nothing.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins drafted tua @ 2

Arizona kind of set the new standard IMO. The Murray selection when Rosen was the 10th overall pick the year before worked out well for them.

That quarterback position, and getting it right, is so important. That said. just saw a stat on NFL Network that Haskins had a quarterback rating of 99 from week 13-17. That is impressive and shows that he is learning and adapting to the NFL.

To say the least, it will be interesting what they do.

Though he is #4 on the list of QBs I want to see in a Miami Uniform, he could be a good QB with work if this is not more smoke screens.

I will be honest though, the more I watch of Herbert lately, the more I really hope he's the one we end up with.

His physical tools are far better then anyone this year...Big, Athletic (Not athletic for a big QB, but for any QB), big arm.

Throws a good deep ball, is accurate, and if they can work with him with reading defenses better, as well as having a killer instinct (Marino needs to talk to him twice a week for a month), he could be exceptional.

If Miami were to take him, and they can work with him, he is going to be a load to defend, considering he can throw the ball anywhere, but if given the chance, he can and will take off.

Again, give me any of the top 4, and I am jumping for joy, but I am liking Herbert more and more each day...He's coming into his own at the right time.

Arizona kind of set the new standard IMO. The Murray selection when Rosen was the 10th overall pick the year before worked out well for them.

That quarterback position, and getting it right, is so important. That said. just saw a stat on NFL Network that Haskins had a quarterback rating of 99 from week 13-17. That is impressive and shows that he is learning and adapting to the NFL.

To say the least, it will be interesting what they do.
I agree that Arizona set a new standard. Yes I do remember Haskins improved late in the season. You'd think that gave Washington some confidence in him moving forward. But to be honest, Jay Gruden wasn't on board and he got canned for it. My only question is, Why is
Rivera different? Could the Redskins just simply feel Tua or Super Joey are just better QB's?

This is my thinking also. I believe the Redskins are the real threat to take Tua. I think they are asking Miami for too much to trade out of that spot.

Detroit is all smoke - and they’re asking more than Miami wants to give also.

I think Miami has a price in terms of trading up, but right now nobody is on the same page.

If Tua makes it past the Redskins, I think Miami has a 75% shot of landing him at #5. The odds of a team trading up from behind Miami to take him in front would just cost too much.

The only caveat here is if he looks too good at pro day and is moving well without any noticeable stiffness or rigidity in the hip.

If that happens, they’ll just sweat it out at that point - unless somebody comes down off their asking price to match Miami’s offer.

I believe that other quarterbacks have some backing in Miami’s front office - which is why they’ll ultimately end up sweating this one out. It’s all about what the Redskins do in my opinion.

This is my thinking also. I believe the Redskins are the real threat to take Tua. I think they are asking Miami for too much to trade out of that spot.

Detroit is all smoke - and they’re asking more than Miami wants to give also.

I think Miami has a price in terms of trading up, but right now nobody is on the same page.

If Tua makes it past the Redskins, I think Miami has a 75% shot of landing him at #5. The odds of a team trading up from behind Miami to take him in front would just cost too much.

The only caveat here is if he looks too good at pro day and is moving well without any noticeable stiffness or rigidity in the hip.

If that happens, they’ll just sweat it out at that point - unless somebody comes down off their asking price to match Miami’s offer.

I believe that other quarterbacks have some backing in Miami’s front office - which is why they’ll ultimately end up sweating this one out. It’s all about what the Redskins do in my opinion.
Yup the Redskins could very well draft tua

I find it hard to believe they and everyone else couldn’t be enamored with Tua in a meeting, kid is likable. That being said his medical issue is the concern and if the report is true it’s all smoke as to not look so googly eyes over him

I would point out it was Tua who was unimpressed.

I haven't heard how the staff felt about him.

For the sake of discussion, let's say the Redskins take Tua. Let's also assume Detroit takes Young at #3. I think the Giants take the best offensive lineman, whoever they have rated #1 at that position.

Leaves some interesting options for Miami. Of course there's Love and Herbert at quarterback. There's Brown, Simmons and a couple of offensive tackles to consider like perhaps Thomas.

Miami would essentially have to decide if Herbert or Love are that much better than the next quarterbacks in the pecking order - Eason, Fromm or Hurts.

Though he is #4 on the list of QBs I want to see in a Miami Uniform, he could be a good QB with work if this is not more smoke screens.

I will be honest though, the more I watch of Herbert lately, the more I really hope he's the one we end up with.

His physical tools are far better then anyone this year...Big, Athletic (Not athletic for a big QB, but for any QB), big arm.

Throws a good deep ball, is accurate, and if they can work with him with reading defenses better, as well as having a killer instinct (Marino needs to talk to him twice a week for a month), he could be exceptional.

If Miami were to take him, and they can work with him, he is going to be a load to defend, considering he can throw the ball anywhere, but if given the chance, he can and will take off.

Again, give me any of the top 4, and I am jumping for joy, but I am liking Herbert more and more each day...He's coming into his own at the right time.
Herbert definitely impressed at the Senior Bowl and has only helped his draft stock at the combine.

He is an interesting prospect.

For the sake of discussion, let's say the Redskins take Tua. Let's also assume Detroit takes Young at #3. I think the Giants take the best offensive lineman, whoever they have rated #1 at that position.

Leaves some interesting options for Miami. Of course there's Love and Herbert at quarterback. There's Brown, Simmons and a couple of offensive tackles to consider like perhaps Thomas.

Miami would essentially have to decide if Herbert or Love are that much better than the next quarterbacks in the pecking order - Eason, Fromm or Hurts.
Something else to think about which would add credence to what've you've just said. Let's say for example, The Chargers, Colts and Raiders all sign a F/A QB. Could Miami then select someone other than Love or Herbert at #5 and let the QB's potentially fall into their lap at #18? That could very well play out in your scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom