****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only hot spot you’d have to worry about is the Giants @ 4. GM has already announced they’re open for business there. I think they have an idea how all this is going to play out.

If Tua is your guy you can’t let somebody behind you come up and get him one pick before you pick.

I've read the same things about Haskins. There are rumors he can't read defenses. Apparently the coaching staff last season grew frustrated with him. And now Dan Schneider realizes he might of made a huge mistake, by over ruling his scouts and coaches, when he forced the Haskins selection. He seems to seriously respect Rivera. This smoke or fire that's beginning to build around the #2 pick being a QB, I think is being dismissed to easily by the fan base. The Redskins may very will pull a Arizona Cardinals type situation on draft night and take the QB. I agree with you on Jordan Love. Miami didn't do all that extra due diligence in 2018 for nothing.
He couldn’t read a D in College and there were posters enamours with him just like they are enamoured with One read QBs in this draft - Shocker!

Something else to think about which would add credence to what've you've just said. Let's say for example, The Chargers, Colts and Raiders all sign a F/A QB. Could Miami then select someone other than Love or Herbert at #5 and let the QB's potentially fall into their lap at #18? That could very well play out in your scenario.
I don't think you play that game for a couple reasons.

Just because a team like those you mention sign an aged veteran QB, doesn't preclude them from taking a QB. Said aged QB would almost certainly be a stopgap/bridge, allowing them time to develop the young guy.

Also, there are at least a dozen other teams that would see that as an opportunity to jump to the mid first round, ahead of our pick.

If the dolphins are of a mind to take the approach of putting off selecting a QB, they would be better off trading the #5 pick. They could surely get good value from someone.

Reports from the combine seem to infer that Love impressed more than Herbert. Yet this has to be taken with a grain of salt because it is fairly easy to look great if you run fast and hit the receivers down field when you are in shorts and no one is putting pressure on you .
I still think Tua is probably the QB the Dolphins want to get if he is medically cleared but if he isn’t on the board when they select their first pick, it won’t surprise me if they draft Love over Herbert.
Actually that's what Love does better than Herbert. He can improvise better than Herbert.

If Lions takes Tua, I take BPA at 5. Okudah, Simmons, Brown. Love at 18 or 26, Hurts in the late second or 3rd round if Love is gone. Herbert looks stiff. Hurts has poor man’s Deshawn Watson potential. Looked comfortable and quick.
Yeah, just keep putting off that QB decision. :rolleyes:

Part of me hopes that the Redskins take Tua... LOL.... So the cultists can all commit mass suicide or whatever you cultists do..
No, we will just go on to tell you how stupid it was to have Fitzpatrick on the roster winning those five meaningless games.

Actually that's what Love does better than Herbert. He can improvise better than Herbert.
I guess it depends on your definition of "improvise".

If you mean take off when your first read isn't there, then maybe.

Improvise, to me, means a lot more that that. A guy that can slide, and roll out to buy time, while keeping his eyes downfield, knowing where his recievers will be, is improvisation too.

So the Redskins could pull a Cardinals, and trade Haskins for a 2nd round pick to the Lions. Redskins already have a bunch of QBs to groom Tua under.

I expect Tua to be a Redskin.

Im torn between Herbert and Love. Why cant the NFL have an exhibition game where the best college players play against the worst NFL team? Just to see what they can do..
No, the Lions aren't that stupid. They'll call the Dolphins.

I guess it depends on your definition of "improvise".

If you mean take off when your first read isn't there, then maybe.

Improvise, to me, means a lot more that that. A guy that can slide, and roll out to buy time, while keeping his eyes downfield, knowing where his recievers will be, is improvisation too.

I think Love has the potential to be better at that than Herbert. He probably is already.

No, the Lions aren't that stupid. They'll call the Dolphins.
mj5de9d6b0.gif

Yeah, the Lions are the benchmark for making intelligent decisions???

Please attempt to defend that statement with some examples.

I'll put that addition on my house while I wait......lol.

I think Love has the potential to be better at that than Herbert. He probably is already.
Well, potential is hard to quantify. It often comes down to the specific situation, and coaching whether any player reaches his potential, or not.

I strongly disagree that Love is better in that respect at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom