Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game

He did, but he’s been figured out. It wasn’t that hard. I thought he was overrated. I think I’m probably right.

One thing I always tried to emphasize was that chip on his shoulder was probably more than he could handle - because he’s not as good as he thinks he is.

Furthermore, He’s a grade A douchebag. Like it or not.
Mayfield's accuracy is terrible this year. He consistently throws behind the receiver, I'm surprised nobody's gotten killed

Brett Kollman released a video a few weeks ago on Baker's struggles and he goes in depth about last year's success too. Ultimately I think the failures this year are more than just Freddie Kitchen. John Dorsey got a lot of talent, but the criticisms of him have always been that he likes style over substance... and ultimately he is awful with the cap. Let's not get into Jimmy Haslem as that's it's own issues. But I kind of always knew the Browns would fail.

Here's the video BTW I figure you'd love it J-Off

As for Jordan Love. He took such a step back this year that it brings up red flags. I honestly would have preferred him become a grad transfer and go ball out at a BCS school. Yes he lost talent from last year's Utah State team. And yes the coaching change has played a part (though Andersen was HC before Wells and Wells was his OC so the system didn't change THAT much).

I am not gonna endorse Love as a first round pick based on the most recent film. If we pick him, I'll support him, but He has a lot of work

I'm in the same boat. Even with the oaching change i expected him to continue to improve but he didn't. Too often he seems like a one read QB who locks on and waits...and wait....and then forces the throw. Sometimes his arm talent wins. Other times it doesn't.

Now on top of it, add the weed thing this late in the game and red flags go up everywhere. I know it's prevalent in college and the pros but the last guy you can afford to get popped for it is your franchise QB.

Im shocked at Lamar's success. I was dead wrong. Thought he was inaccurate beyond repair

Helps that the Ravens went all in on building a team that fits what Jackson does well. Lamar still has some things he has to work on throwing the ball but they built the team around good TEs and speed at WR.

If Greg Roman is not a HC next year it is boarderline criminal

Step back for a moment and consider the scouting playbook on drafting QBs, e.g. the Bill Parcells rules for drafting a QB.

Jordan Love is a college graduate, a three year starter, has started 32 games and won 21 of them, has a 2:1 ratio of touchdowns to interceptions, and a career completion north of 60 percent. He's got a perfect, over-top, professional stroke. He's got ideal arm strength/arm talent. He's 6'4" & 225 lbs.

I realize full and well that the Bill Parcells rules were always more conceptual than an actual formula, and that many will argue them outdated, for good reason. The point I'm making is that the scouting community are still largely operating off the same handbook they were when Parcells developed those rules. When the evaluation gets kicked up to the General Manager/Executive level, that is when you see more innovation and outside-the-box thinking applied to the reports provided by the plug-n-play folks doing the standardized groundwork. But it won't be necessary for a GM to think outside the box with Jordan Love. He checks all the boxes already.

Jordan Love will be appreciated by the NFL more than the folks in the media and fan bases who saw him play one or two games in 2019, after having lost virtually every receiver, runner, blocker, and coach that helped him have a top notch 2018. Virtually. Every. One of them.

The gaps in Jordan Love's quarterback education showed up in 2019. That was the main takeaway. You saw stronger glimpses of what he doesn't know, and what he doesn't know that he doesn't know.

But this is a guy who has been through more personal and professional adversity than most, is an unquestioned leader on the team (whereas people validly question Justin Herbert in this regard), has every tool you could ask for, a fully professional stroke, has shown you that he can put together consistency in the right circumstances, and has exposure to NFL route concepts.

I would absolutely take Tua Tagovailoa above Jordan Love, even to the point of trading assets, for the luxury of sleeping warm and cozy at night, fearing injury a lot more than the inability to catch on. Injury fears are a fact of life in the NFL, ever-present. Jake Long was a guy that Jeff Ireland once said he drafted in part because, "you can't hurt him with an axe". His career fizzled quickly...because of injuries.

But if I can't make Tua happen, I would be lucky to take a shot on Jordan Love.

Mayfield, Josh Allen (QB) and Sam Darnold 3 examples of high 1st Round QB's that aren't very good yet. The transition to the NFL is a big jump that some handle better than others. No guarantees that Joe Burrow can take his college success to the NFL or Tua for that matter. It could end up being Eason, Hurts, Fromm or Love that have a better career.

Things aren't as cut and dried as they seem.

i wouldnt say Josh Allen isnt good. A team with a bad QB doesnt go 10-5.

Josh Allen is so much better than people are willing to give him credit for because they can't get past the completion percentage. Never could. They value QB stats more than they value QB's.

He's not going to be a 65% passer, but he's better than a lot of 'em that are. I tried to get that point across about him as a prospect. He's going to make more throws that actually count. He understands how to compete. Fierce competitor that makes you play to his strength instead of letting you make him play to his weakness.

Did you happen to catch any of the other games he’s played over the past few years or just BYU?

Walterfootball don’t know anything more than anybody else. They had Baker Mayfield as a top 16 pick....barf.

They had him and Josh Rosen above Lamar Jackson.

They had Luke Falk as a 2nd-4th round pick for ****’s sake.

I’ll bet Walterfootball as high as they want to bet that Jordan Love ain’t the 9th best QB in this draft.

You know I have & the reviews aren't pretty.

At least for their final mocks, when it comes down to it Walter & Charlie do seem to know more than everyone else. Last year their mocks were # 1 & 2 in the industry over all of the prominent guys we see on TV (Jeremiah, Kiper, McShay, Schrager) or read (Brugler, Miller, Pauline). https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

As for their rankings, I definitely wouldn't put too much stock into that. Those seem to be couch scouting rankings more so than what they're hearing from their sources. I prefer what their sources say. Like my eyes tell me Love is a 3rd round prospect but I'm not naïve enough to think he probably won't be a first rounder.

I know this is about Jordan Love, but as the convo has shifted a bit to baker...

....... I couldn't hear one word that OBJ said. Fake news.

OBJ could have said this for all we know...

OBJ: "Yo this Slim Shady Doo still has Herbert ranked higher than Burrow. Talk some sense into him. It's embarrassing. "

Lamar Jackson: " Ok I got you"

You know I have & the reviews aren't pretty.

At least for their final mocks, when it comes down to it Walter & Charlie do seem to know more than everyone else. Last year their mocks were # 1 & 2 in the industry over all of the prominent guys we see on TV (Jeremiah, Kiper, McShay, Schrager) or read (Brugler, Miller, Pauline). https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/mock-drafts.php

As for their rankings, I definitely wouldn't put too much stock into that. Those seem to be couch scouting rankings more so than what they're hearing from their sources. I prefer what their sources say. Like my eyes tell me Love is a 3rd round prospect but I'm not naïve enough to think he probably won't be a first rounder.

I don't run a draft website, so I'm not necessarily in the business of trying to predict where players will be drafted or by who. That's not really relevant to me.

The only thing that's relevant to me is trying to determine how good of a prospect a kid is by watching him play - regardless of where the internet or the league thinks he's slotted to be drafted. Maybe I failed to clarify that. In other words, I don't doubt that the guys at Walterfootball are plugged in to certain league sources that provide insight into where the league values certain prospects.

My argument is that the league is wrong on many of 'em, therefore their information is wrong in terms of how good of a prospect a kid is. For example, I never doubted that that Baker Mayfield would be in play for the #1 pick, just that I wouldn't take him with it. I didn't like him. Felt like he was more of a 2nd rounder.

I never doubted that Charles Harris was going to be a 1st round pick, just noted that I didn't consider him a 1st round player.

I realize that you don't particularly like Jordan Love, and I don't believe that 3rd round is terribly far off. But I do believe it's off nonetheless. Somebody asked a while back opinions on taking Love with a top 10 pick and I said I would not. Because he isn't ready to come in and start yet, but I certainly would consider him anywhere beyond the top 10. I think in the long run he has the ability to outplay whatever slot he's drafted in if he lands in a good spot with good coaching.

I believe CK said that he would take him with a top 10 pick, so opinions are going to vary. Toolsy, inconsistent college quarterbacks with big upside are always going to be polarizing.

Last edited:
Josh Allen is so much better than people are willing to give him credit for because they can't get past the completion percentage. Never could. They value QB stats more than they value QB's.

He's not going to be a 65% passer, but he's better than a lot of 'em that are. I tried to get that point across about him as a prospect. He's going to make more throws that actually count. He understands how to compete. Fierce competitor that makes you play to his strength instead of letting you make him play to his weakness.

Josh allens instincts are his accuracy offset. Imo. Very instinctual player

....... I couldn't hear one word that OBJ said. Fake news.

OBJ could have said this for all we know...

OBJ: "Yo this Slim Shady Doo still has Herbert ranked higher than Burrow. Talk some sense into him. It's embarrassing. "

Lamar Jackson: " Ok I got you"

Consider ceasing to be a draft troll and get it right on a quarterback. Somebody. Anybody.

Then you'll be taken seriously.

As for Jordan love. Todd Mcshay said 3rd round. I had to laugh.

I’m sticking with top 15 to a team trading up. What I saw in that bowl game doesn’t sniff the 3rd round.

He’s really sped up that elongated delivery he had prior. His release is really quick now.

Only thing I would have liked to have seen was more speed relative to the competition witb his legs. I didn’t see much difference in his wheels and Kent states in other words.

Not gonna run away from anyone at the next level but also has a good feel for when to take off with it and when to have his eyes downfield when flushed.

But boy that arm was on display. Seriously gifted and reeks of upside

Back
Top Bottom