Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game

Baker Mayfield is gonna be fine given some more experience and better coaching. I wouldn't say anyone has figured him out as much as he hasn't figured himself out yet. Watch their games and tell me how many easy throws he has. There are few in the Cleveland Browns playbook, as they are always recklessly launching the ball downfield. This despite having a glorified running back in Landry who can beast out on short passes. The team focused on bringing in skill players and ignored the trenches, and their whole season has been based on trying to force big plays instead of playing smart football.

They gave the unheralded offensive coach a shot at an HC gig and he followed up an explosive year with a completely disjointed year that set his offense up for failure and lacked a shred of the creativity that got him the job. That will likely be rectified this year.

I also have Herbert ahead of Burrow. To be a franchise QB you must possess an elite trait. What is Burrow's? He has good qualities but nothing jumps out. The sample size of him being great was too small. He's a good college QB, 2nd-3rd rounder in my eyes. Burrow to the Bengals would be perfect because he's most comparable to Andy Dalton.

Accuracy and leadership, same qualities as Drew Brees and Tom Brady.

Baker Mayfield is gonna be fine given some more experience and better coaching. I wouldn't say anyone has figured him out as much as he hasn't figured himself out yet. Watch their games and tell me how many easy throws he has. There are few in the Cleveland Browns playbook, as they are always recklessly launching the ball downfield. This despite having a glorified running back in Landry who can beast out on short passes. The team focused on bringing in skill players and ignored the trenches, and their whole season has been based on trying to force big plays instead of playing smart football.

They gave the unheralded offensive coach a shot at an HC gig and he followed up an explosive year with a completely disjointed year that set his offense up for failure and lacked a shred of the creativity that got him the job. That will likely be rectified this year.

Rpos aren’t easy throws/reads?

What's interesting to me is that the same thing was said about Hue Jackson regarding how he didn't start Mayfield - then Freddie takes over along with Mayfield and everybody is showering Freddie and Mayfield with accolades. Now here they are again. Now Freddie is the problem.

I don't buy it. I think Mayfield is the problem. But you're right, I never liked him to begin with. I don't think he's a leader. I think he's a petulant douchebag that only malcontents and divas look up to. Personally, I wouldn't follow him to a produce stand.
Kitchens is a lost cause as HC. He's worse than Gase

Games I’ve seen they’ve pivoted to it heavily

I find that odd bc it’s missing heavily in their offense this year. At the beginning of the year I saw it and it was rather unsuccessful and granted I don’t want every snap of their games but I haven’t seen it lately.

it’s nothing like last years offense.

Cleveland made a big mistake with that hire. They are gonna completely miss the window they have open to be good

Their QB is in his second year. At any rate Cleveland wasn't a playoff team last year and teams rarely jump from no playoffs to Super Bowl. It usually goes incrementally.

Their QB is in his second year. At any rate Cleveland wasn't a playoff team last year and teams rarely jump from no playoffs to Super Bowl. It usually goes incrementally.
I stand by Cleveland making a terrible hire and they will waste all the talent they have on him

I also have Herbert ahead of Burrow. To be a franchise QB you must possess an elite trait. What is Burrow's? He has good qualities but nothing jumps out. The sample size of him being great was too small. He's a good college QB, 2nd-3rd rounder in my eyes. Burrow to the Bengals would be perfect because he's most comparable to Andy Dalton.
I don’t necessarily agree with this elite trait opinion.
We can say that Marino and Elway had rockets, Montana and Brady super accurate and masterful readers, Wilson elusive and accurate... but I’ve seen Wilson rocket a ball. I’ve seen Marino step and sliver in pocket.. Montana - Dwight Clark...... Peyton what’s his elite trait ? Rodgers?
At end of the film, elite QBs make plays, and they are hard to miss.
Tua and Burrow have shown enough.
Love - we can argue.
But it’s not one trait IMO.

Mayfield, Josh Allen (QB) and Sam Darnold 3 examples of high 1st Round QB's that aren't very good yet. The transition to the NFL is a big jump that some handle better than others. No guarantees that Joe Burrow can take his college success to the NFL or Tua for that matter. It could end up being Eason, Hurts, Fromm or Love that have a better career.

Things aren't as cut and dried as they seem.

Josh Allen is a ****ing beast, and just because he hasn't improved on a trajectory as high as Lamar Jackson doesn't mean he isn't trending in the right direction.

He's never going to break passing records but that dude can play and he's damn good.

Reactions: A1.
Let me know when Josh Allen can muster up a 300 yard passing game. I'm still waiting.

This is 4 consecutive seasons for Allen below 60% completions...two college and two pro. That is the issue because it regulates his big games and his moderate games and his poor games. The rise from 52% to 58.8% this season seems nice until you step back and realize it still places Allen 32nd and last in the league among quarterbacks with qualifying numbers. He was 32nd in the category in 2018 and 32nd again this season.

I remember when mean completion percentage for starters was 50%. Then it was 55-60% for a long time. Now the mean is up to 65% the past two seasons. Josh Allen is being left behind. Next season is seemingly pivotal for him, to see if he can make a necessary step to 62% or thereabouts. Otherwise you can't expect defense and running game and big plays to remain a constant season after season.

Sometimes I don't know what Allen is thinking out there. He'll drop side arm for seemingly no reason. He did seem to understand the need to vary his fastball this season but it was anything but natural or repeatable for him.

Back
Top Bottom