Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game

I watched a cut up of all his throws and a few things that stood out is his protection is worse than Fitzpatrick's. This guy was running for his life withing 1.5 seconds. His arm motion seems long or maybe its just a longer windup regardless likely some improvement to be made there, but isn't a serious issue. The ball comes out of his hand well but doesn't seem to have touch or placement on lock during this game. The INT was not his fault and was a fluke. Eager to see his workouts and see if his athletic traits pop.

He has to sit a year which makes him a target IMO because i cannot imagine this staff is going to throw a rookie to the wolves even if they have the best draft and FA period ever. So with that being said, having a strong feeling whoever is drafted at QB is going to be sat for the foreseeable future and develop/grow before he is put into the line of fire why not just take the best person with the highest floor and quite possibly the highest ceiling in Tua.

Josh allen was exceptional vs Dallas on thanksgiving day. When he plays at that level that bill’s team can beat anyone.

Josh allen was exceptional vs Dallas on thanksgiving day. When he plays at that level that bill’s team can beat anyone.

as long as that defense holds I agree

i love josh allen but i do think he needs to find a way to complete more throws, score more touchdowns....20 points a game won't win 10+ games consistently.

I'm a fan of his...legs, motor, and ability to win games in big moments...i can see a future where he just can't produce enough to help his team compete into to the next level, though

The big issue with Allen is that McDermott is very conservative and daboll is not very good. Allen was always going to need a good coach because his game is loaded with flaws. He can play at a high level, but can't sustain it for any period of time. Next year will be a big year with 3 years of starting experience and a presumed tougher schedule coming their way. If he still remains in the bottom tier of the league then the bills should just move on.

This is 4 consecutive seasons for Allen below 60% completions...two college and two pro. That is the issue because it regulates his big games and his moderate games and his poor games. The rise from 52% to 58.8% this season seems nice until you step back and realize it still places Allen 32nd and last in the league among quarterbacks with qualifying numbers. He was 32nd in the category in 2018 and 32nd again this season.

I remember when mean completion percentage for starters was 50%. Then it was 55-60% for a long time. Now the mean is up to 65% the past two seasons. Josh Allen is being left behind. Next season is seemingly pivotal for him, to see if he can make a necessary step to 62% or thereabouts. Otherwise you can't expect defense and running game and big plays to remain a constant season after season.

Sometimes I don't know what Allen is thinking out there. He'll drop side arm for seemingly no reason. He did seem to understand the need to vary his fastball this season but it was anything but natural or repeatable for him.
Allen is never gonna be a great QB. His accuracy limits him big time

The big issue with Allen is that McDermott is very conservative and daboll is not very good. Allen was always going to need a good coach because his game is loaded with flaws. He can play at a high level, but can't sustain it for any period of time. Next year will be a big year with 3 years of starting experience and a presumed tougher schedule coming their way. If he still remains in the bottom tier of the league then the bills should just move on.

I don’t agree with that. Not in the sense that he may never elevate but in the sense that I’m gonna at this point gonna wait a full 5 years to find out. That’s means to date I’m picking up that 5th year option. You don’t give up on that kind of talent during a rookie contract.

Plus frankly he’s shown enough where why would ya? Even a 5 percent accuracy increase would go a long ways and I see no reason he’s incapable of it.

As he speeds up his post snap reads he will speed up his footwork.

Right now he’s doing a lot of it on tools instincts and a bazooka arm. And his natural run ability which I think comes down to instincts in a lot of ways is a major weapon.

That arm is ungodly.

This isn’t a Mitchell trubisky like red flag. Pretty sure I’d be giving up on that

Last edited:
I don’t agree with that. Not in the sense that he may never elevate but in the sense that I’m gonna at this point gonna wait a full 5 years to find out. That’s means to date I’m picking up that 5th year option. You don’t give up on that kind of talent during a rookie contract.

Plus frankly he’s shown enough where why would ya? Even a 5 percent accuracy increase would go a long ways and I see no reason he’s incapable of it.

As he speeds up his post snap reads he will speed up his footwork.

Right now he’s doing a lot of it on tools instincts and a bazooka arm. And his natural run ability which I think comes down to instincts in a lot of ways is a major weapon.

That arm is ungodly.

This isn’t a Mitchell trubisky like red flag. Pretty sure I’d be giving up on that

like yesterday. Every snap he takes is wasting away days until that elite potential defense is over. He ain’t it

like yesterday. Every snap he takes is wasting away days until that elite potential defense is over. He ain’t it

The scheme couldn’t be more qb friendly either. Serious red flags.

Thing is he’s instinctual but he really struggles with post snap coverage reads.

That’s probably a flag consistent with Herbert for instance. Although he’s less instinctual.

I just can’t decide if Herberts is player limitation or coaching one. The scheme seems to lead me to believe its a player one.

They both have arms like allen that can flat out defeat coverage

There was a point in time where I thought Josh Allen was turning the corner. Now, I'm back in the camp of thinking he will always be a second rate QB. Some will say inaccuracy and things but I don't know if I can even really quantify what it is that rubs me the wrong way about him. He plays hard, plays fiery, but to me he just looks like a college QB. He seems like he's not really seeing the full field, not really processing things at the level an NFL QB should be. He's quick to rely on his legs but does it too often. He fails to elevate his play with the game on the line.

I thought Darnold was the guy going in the crapper but while Darnold has shown great ability to crap the bed and have Jay Culter-esque games, there's an ability to win games and makes plays with his arm that he has that Allen, despite the solid season, just hasn't shown.

The scheme couldn’t be more qb friendly either. Serious red flags.

Thing is he’s instinctual but he really struggles with post snap coverage reads.

That’s probably a flag consistent with Herbert for instance. Although he’s less instinctual.

I just can’t decide if Herberts is player limitation or coaching one. The scheme seems to lead me to believe its a player one.

They both have arms like allen that can flat out defeat coverage

A lot of things to worry about with Trubisky, but I watch almost every Bear game and the entire offense, including playcalling, was just sheer crap this year. Getting rid of Jordan Howard was fine, as he didn't seem to execute well in that offense, but they had no idea how to use any of their running backs this year and pretty much lacked any consistent help in that regard. Losing Burton also really hurt, as it seemed without an athletic tight end the offense couldn't think of anything better to do than run unimaginative pass plays all game long. I think a guy like Bridgewater would make a lot of sense in Chicago, but they will still have to do a lot more than just change qB's.

Jordan love struggles to see the field and has a hard time getting off his first read if it's not there. Mahomes type release but Jameis Winston type tenedancies. developmental type QB ergo not a 1st round QB grade for me.

There was a point in time where I thought Josh Allen was turning the corner. Now, I'm back in the camp of thinking he will always be a second rate QB. Some will say inaccuracy and things but I don't know if I can even really quantify what it is that rubs me the wrong way about him. He plays hard, plays fiery, but to me he just looks like a college QB. He seems like he's not really seeing the full field, not really processing things at the level an NFL QB should be. He's quick to rely on his legs but does it too often. He fails to elevate his play with the game on the line.

I thought Darnold was the guy going in the crapper but while Darnold has shown great ability to crap the bed and have Jay Culter-esque games, there's an ability to win games and makes plays with his arm that he has that Allen, despite the solid season, just hasn't shown.

Josh Allen's reputation is going to shift one way or another based on these playoffs. Fairly or unfairly, that's the reality. He's got a road game but it's considered basically equal teams. The other quarterback had a major playoff failure last season so he's going to start hearing grumblings if it happens again.

Allen is so talented I can't see Buffalo getting impatient with him unless he had a truly miserable season. He does just enough in key games to make you think that extra 5% might be available, as hoops posted.

I don't put any stock in Darnold's late season. Same thing happened last year. He's got to prove something when the games are still meaningful.

Jordan love struggles to see the field and has a hard time getting off his first read if it's not there. Mahomes type release but Jameis Winston type tenedancies. developmental type QB ergo not a 1st round QB grade for me.

Those are all fair summaries, IMO. There will be maddening interceptions in the early going. Does he shake it?

He's so talented I think it has to be a first round grade from someone.

Those are all fair summaries, IMO. There will be maddening interceptions in the early going. Does he shake it?

He's so talented I think it has to be a first round grade from someone.
Demand and supply as usual. There's a chance a team will draft him in the first round but will he deserve it or will it be a team desperate to hit on a QB? One thing I can say tho is that if he gets drafted late first round then he'll be going to a good team while Burrow and Tua and possibly Herbert would be going to bad teams/situations.

Back
Top Bottom