Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game

Love is such a mixed bag. He makes quite a few "wow" throws but he also misses too many "layup" throws also. There is a lot of Jamis Winston in his game. He looks more athletic and has a stronger arm than Winston, but I can definitely see why people compare the two. I think he would be the poster child for a boom or bust prospect. He would really scare me as a high first round draft pick though.

So what’s the “why” behind Love’s inconsistencies. I’ve only seen one game from him, and there’s no doubt he’s physically gifted (he’s like a converted move TE). Seemed like he could make every NFL throw...but for some reason he just doesn’t connect on them. Haven’t seen enough to understand the why, so hoping someone who’s seen his entire catalog can explain.

On a side note, the more I learn about Grier and Flores and the kind of traits they value, the more and more I think they won’t draft Herbert.

The more I watch him the more I like him as a second option after Tua. If Miami doesn't take Tua, I would okay if they moved down with their first pick and took a chance on Love with that pick or one of their other picks. It's hard to know exactly where his value stands though. I could see another team gambling on greatness with this kid and taking him higher than many would anticipate.

The more I watch him the more I like him as a second option after Tua. If Miami doesn't take Tua, I would okay if they moved down with their first pick and took a chance on Love with that pick or one of their other picks. It's hard to know exactly where his value stands though. I could see another team gambling on greatness with this kid and taking him higher than many would anticipate.
Hard to believe anyone would take him in the top part of round one but teams reach every year for QB's. Demand and supply so he'll get drafted in the first round imo. The question is where and by who?

So what’s the “why” behind Love’s inconsistencies. I’ve only seen one game from him, and there’s no doubt he’s physically gifted (he’s like a converted move TE). Seemed like he could make every NFL throw...but for some reason he just doesn’t connect on them. Haven’t seen enough to understand the why, so hoping someone who’s seen his entire catalog can explain.

On a side note, the more I learn about Grier and Flores and the kind of traits they value, the more and more I think they won’t draft Herbert.
The more I watch him the more I think it's decision making more than anything that is the cause for the interceptions. He's really starting to grow on me. He has a ton of talent and I have confidence that this coaching staff would handle him right.. I think he has the best chance of being that guy who people say "we didn't quite see that coming" like Mahomes or Lamar Jackson.

I think he easily goes in the top 15 especially to a team that can allow the player to sit for a year or two and really learn the system. It will be interesting to see what happens with him because I believe he has the most raw talent of any of the QB in the draft, but he does have warts. The question is and what you will see coaches and GMs think... "can we fix those issues". Some issues I am not sure are fixable, but I do think a clever OC can get the most out of him. Lamar Jackson has issue coming out of college and even his rookie year, but he also really worked on those issues himself and the team built an offense around what he does best.

I think Jordan Love can develop, but he has to love football, it has to become part of his being...we can see that Jackson loves it which is a big reason he has improved so rapidly, he wanted it and developed that raw natural talent. Some guys never do.

Hard to believe anyone would take him in the top part of round one but teams reach every year for QB's. Demand and supply so he'll get drafted in the first round imo. The question is where and by who?
I don't think many people believed Mahomes would be a top ten pick either so that's what has got me questioning exactly where his value stands.

I think he easily goes in the top 15 especially to a team that can allow the player to sit for a year or two and really learn the system. It will be interesting to see what happens with him because I believe he has the most raw talent of any of the QB in the draft, but he does have warts. The question is and what you will see coaches and GMs think... "can we fix those issues". Some issues I am not sure are fixable, but I do think a clever OC can get the most out of him. Lamar Jackson has issue coming out of college and even his rookie year, but he also really worked on those issues himself and the team built an offense around what he does best.

I think Jordan Love can develop, but he has to love football, it has to become part of his being...we can see that Jackson loves it which is a big reason he has improved so rapidly, he wanted it and developed that raw natural talent. Some guys never do.
That's what I see also. There is a sweet spot of teams right in the middle of the draft that could be in the market for a QB. That's why I don't think Miami could assume that he would drop all the way to their second first round pick if they have any interest in him.

If and when Tua makes it official that's he's staying at Alabama for one more year, Miami will concentrate on Jordan Love. Apparently Miami used resources to scout Love as a sophomore, which from what I understand, is very, very rare. Usually prospects start getting scouted as juniors. There is a connection, but what Miami actually does remains to be seen. I see a scenario where Miami trades out of # 5, I also can see them selecting Love at #5. We'll all know come draft day. But for now Love looks like he's on Miami's radar.

That's what I see also. There is a sweet spot of teams right in the middle of the draft that could be in the market for a QB. That's why I don't think Miami could assume that he would drop all the way to their second first round pick if they have any interest in him.

San Diego seems like an ideal landing spot and I could see them taking him there. Crazy, but if we select Tua, he is potentially the next best option (if they don't go Herbert). I would have said Pittsburgh, but we own that pick.

Last edited:
With San Diego, Carolina and Indianapolis all picking behind Miami and all rumored to be looking to draft a QB. Players like Love, Herbert and Eason are more than likely landing in those 3 spots.

Now that the draft order is out, which team in the top 15 do you project taking him? Does a top 15 team have the ability to sit him for a year? Or do you see a PO established team moving up to get him?

San Diago seems like an ideal landing spot and I could see them taking him there. Crazy, but if we select Tua, he is potentially the next best option (if they don't go Herbert). I would have said Pittsburgh, but we own that pick.
Sorry saw this after I asked my question.
I see chargers taking Herbert.

Now that the draft order is out, which team in the top 15 do you project taking him? Does a top 15 team have the ability to sit him for a year? Or do you see a PO established team moving up to get him?

One of these three...I personally like Love more than Herbert, but I will say that is personal preference.

With San Diego, Carolina and Indianapolis all picking behind Miami and all rumored to be looking to draft a QB. Players like Love, Herbert and Eason are more than likely landing in those 3 spots.

Back
Top Bottom