Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Love vs Kent St Bowl Game

As for Jordan love. Todd Mcshay said 3rd round. I had to laugh.

I’m sticking with top 15 to a team trading up. What I saw in that bowl game doesn’t sniff the 3rd round.

He’s really sped up that elongated delivery he had prior. His release is really quick now.

Only thing I would have liked to have seen was more speed relative to the competition witb his legs. I didn’t see much difference in his wheels and Kent states in other words.

Not gonna run away from anyone at the next level but also has a good feel for when to take off with it and when to have his eyes downfield when flushed.

But boy that arm was on display. Seriously gifted and reeks of upside

Love was horrible this year and now this

3rd round is generous at this point.

He did, but he’s been figured out. It wasn’t that hard. I thought he was overrated. I think I’m probably right.

One thing I always tried to emphasize was that chip on his shoulder was probably more than he could handle - because he’s not as good as he thinks he is.

Furthermore, He’s a grade A douchebag. Like it or not.

Yep. I think he’s been figured out also. I think even his head coach knows he’s handicapped in terms of what he can ask of baker.

League leading rusher and as many tds as ints is a qb problem.

Live look at the Jordan Lovers after he finally has one good game in 2019.

tenor.gif

Josh Allen is so much better than people are willing to give him credit for because they can't get past the completion percentage. Never could. They value QB stats more than they value QB's.

He's not going to be a 65% passer, but he's better than a lot of 'em that are. I tried to get that point across about him as a prospect. He's going to make more throws that actually count. He understands how to compete. Fierce competitor that makes you play to his strength instead of letting you make him play to his weakness.

His stroke is still maturing, too. It may never get there, he may continue to drop his elbow and come out with a ball that sails on him or has goofy level accuracy for the remainder of his career. But it also could get better. He went from 53% to 59% already. He's accurate on 72% of his throws. He's probably never going to lead the league in that area or be an 80% guy, but that's still a significant improvement from 65% as a rookie.

People sold on him way too easily and quickly. I get into heated arguments with Simon about Allen all the time.

I'm not lowering the curtain on Baker Mayfield, either. There's too much chaos around him at all levels and you still see glimpses of what is attractive about him.

I mean I listened to an interview with Bob Wylie the other day talk about how shocked he was Freddie Kitchens got the job. He said that Ken Zampese had done all the coaching of Baker Mayfield, and in his opinion Freddie got hired because John Dorsey didn't want a personality that would actually stand up to him like Gregg Williams.

Let Odell Beckham & Jarvis Landry reverberate off one another and then give Mayfield the worst offensive tackles outside of Miami, and this is the result.

Everything is punch and counter-punch. They call it a sophomore slump for a reason. If you're tempted to say that defenses "figured out" Baker Mayfield, you probably didn't like him that much in the first place. Sort of like the people who claimed offensive lines had "figured out" Jason Taylor in 1999 probably always harbored doubts about that skinny 6'6" basketball looking guy in the first place.

Where Mayfield goes from here is going to be interesting, and it will define him. I think he'll tend to do a lot better if they focus resources on the line and then give him a lower pedigree (but speedy) receivers unit.

I'm not lowering the curtain on Baker Mayfield, either. There's too much chaos around him at all levels and you still see glimpses of what is attractive about him.

I mean I listened to an interview with Bob Wylie the other day talk about how shocked he was Freddie Kitchens got the job. He said that Ken Zampese had done all the coaching of Baker Mayfield, and in his opinion Freddie got hired because John Dorsey didn't want a personality that would actually stand up to him like Gregg Williams.

Let Odell Beckham & Jarvis Landry reverberate off one another and then give Mayfield the worst offensive tackles outside of Miami, and this is the result.

Everything is punch and counter-punch. They call it a sophomore slump for a reason. If you're tempted to say that defenses "figured out" Baker Mayfield, you probably didn't like him that much in the first place. Sort of like the people who claimed offensive lines had "figured out" Jason Taylor in 1999 probably always harbored doubts about that skinny 6'6" basketball looking guy in the first place.

Where Mayfield goes from here is going to be interesting, and it will define him. I think he'll tend to do a lot better if they focus resources on the line and then give him a lower pedigree (but speedy) receivers unit.

What's interesting to me is that the same thing was said about Hue Jackson regarding how he didn't start Mayfield - then Freddie takes over along with Mayfield and everybody is showering Freddie and Mayfield with accolades. Now here they are again. Now Freddie is the problem.

I don't buy it. I think Mayfield is the problem. But you're right, I never liked him to begin with. I don't think he's a leader. I think he's a petulant douchebag that only malcontents and divas look up to. Personally, I wouldn't follow him to a produce stand.

I think it's fair. He can't be an excuses guy. He can't be a guy that keeps getting his coaches fired.

But the Browns also can't continue to operate like a toilet organization.

For Josh Allen, he has a very underrated staff to help him develop. I was not a fan but he does what is asked of him and he wins. The question will be how he continues to develop... which to me at this point is more about him getting more pieces around him than anything.

For Josh Allen, he has a very underrated staff to help him develop. I was not a fan but he does what is asked of him and he wins. The question will be how he continues to develop... which to me at this point is more about him getting more pieces around him than anything.

You saw that but he's made some pretty discrete improvements from 2018 to 2019 so who knows where that plateaus.

....... I couldn't hear one word that OBJ said. Fake news.

OBJ could have said this for all we know...

OBJ: "Yo this Slim Shady Doo still has Herbert ranked higher than Burrow. Talk some sense into him. It's embarrassing. "

Lamar Jackson: " Ok I got you"

I also have Herbert ahead of Burrow. To be a franchise QB you must possess an elite trait. What is Burrow's? He has good qualities but nothing jumps out. The sample size of him being great was too small. He's a good college QB, 2nd-3rd rounder in my eyes. Burrow to the Bengals would be perfect because he's most comparable to Andy Dalton.

Back
Top Bottom