Josh Allen was the pick to make....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen was the pick to make.......

Lamar Jackson was by far the best QB taken in the 2018 draft. Baker Mayfield obviously didn’t play as well in his second year in the league than he did as a rookie. Yet he seems to be playing much better in year three and I doubt the Browns are upset that they drafted him instead of Allen. Allen is certainly better than a lot of people on here give him credit for and I think he will be a top 10 QB in the league for the next decade.

Rosen appears to be the only QB taken in the first round in 2018 who can be considered a bust at this time. It is really hard to determine if Darnold is a good QB or not. He is on a team with very little talent and he has Gase as his HC. So like Tannehill, he might actually turn out to be a decent QB if the Jets fire Gase and hire a real NFL head coach. Of course I expect the Jets to end up with the first pick in the 2021 draft and select Lawrence. So Darnold will probably have to develop into an NFL QB on another team.

I think Darnold could be a bust now simply because NFL teams are just so quick with the trigger these days. He'll be a bust (assuming no great improvement by the end of this year) simply because at the end of year three he hasn't proven that he's not. Nevermind that the team has been a sheer disaster around a dictatorial head coach who was assumed to be an offensive genius but quickly deconstructed his second offense in a row. The list of players that have quit on him is longer than players he's made successful.

I think there's a lot to like about Allen. He's arm strength is terrific, he's athletic and tough. Those quarterback sneaks are almost automatic with him. But he still struggles with accuracy. Terry Bradshaw was the same way early in his career and the Steelers were so talented on defense that it didn't matter. Buffalo is a good team. Right now, they don't need Allen to carry them. How he develops will be interesting to watch.

I said I was looking forward to seeing if his tape in last years embarrassing playoff loss was something he would learn and GROW from. The addition of Diggs and another year of John Brown, could only help.

I was told by many on this board Allen was trash. No other explanations, just trash.

I still think he is growing and learning. He still lets a few throws get away, and he still struggles with securing the ball. But when he and his offense are consistently in sync, he looks like a natural.

Love his arm.
I always enjoyed watching him play for the Pokes.

I said I was looking forward to seeing if his tape in last years embarrassing playoff loss was something he would learn and GROW from. The addition of Diggs and another year of John Brown, could only help.

I was told by many on this board Allen was trash. No other explanations, just trash.

I still think he is growing and learning. He still lets a few throws get away, and he still struggles with securing the ball. But when he and his offense are consistently in sync, he looks like a natural.

Love his arm.

Even if I'm wrong on this one, I'm not gonna fault myself for coming to the conclusion that I did based on the information that was available. Allen is a guy who has traditionally been pretty inaccurate, had a poor track record dating back to college, and just looks like a man child at times. This year his teammates are lauding him for playing the game like a kid. And that's cool that it's working for him.

More times that not, the things that I saw in his game are going to hold a QB back. I understand that and don't fault myself for it. Some guys are just exceptions.

It's clear that the Bills are a good team this year. Allen still seems like the type of guy to me who will max out somewhere short of a Super Bowl victory. But he's already proven me wrong, so who knows?

Thread that clearly belongs in the AFC East section is still in the main area? Instresting!

:lol: He was probably the most criticized on this board of all the 4 qbs chosen early in that draft.

Even if I'm wrong on this one, I'm not gonna fault myself for coming to the conclusion that I did based on the information that was available. Allen is a guy who has traditionally been pretty inaccurate, had a poor track record dating back to college, and just looks like a man child at times. This year his teammates are lauding him for playing the game like a kid. And that's cool that it's working for him.

More times that not, the things that I saw in his game are going to hold a QB back. I understand that and don't fault myself for it. Some guys are just exceptions.

It's clear that the Bills are a good team this year. Allen still seems like the type of guy to me who will max out somewhere short of a Super Bowl victory. But he's already proven me wrong, so who knows?

I'm not saying the guy will be a perennial winner.

I just wanted to see if the young man would learn from the embarrassment he earned in that playoff loss. And to date, he looks like he has. But let's see after week 8.

I'm also on record that the BuF D will be top 10 if not Top5 by the end of week 6.

I still find it interesting that philibin gets a pass about tannehill. Gase has success with tannehill. It’s just tannehill was hurt. Honestly if tannehill didn’t get hurt in 2017 gase and tannehill would still be here.

the clown philibin wasted 2012 2013 2014 and 2015. All years tannehill got his ass kicked so that his body broke down.
And yes I know philibin got fired 4 games into 2015. Can’t believe he got more years than gase. phibin wasted first 4 years and everyone put pressure on tannehill. Then he finds success in 2016 but by 2018 was injuried a lot and with all those wasted philibin years was considered the problem.

I dislike philbin more than cam Cameron. He screwed up our franchise qb.

Lamar Jackson would like a word with you. ?

He is incredibly fun to watch, but wildly overrated as a QB (in the traditional throwing sense). The Ravens are well coached and absolutely loaded with talent yet he’s 0-2 in playoff games. Games in which he didn’t play well because the opponents took away his strengths and made him make more difficult throws. Allen’s growth over the past few years has been impressive. If he can continue to grow, I think I would still take him over Jackson.

I still find it interesting that philibin gets a pass about tannehill. Gase has success with tannehill. It’s just tannehill was hurt. Honestly if tannehill didn’t get hurt in 2017 gase and tannehill would still be here.

the clown philibin wasted 2012 2013 2014 and 2015. All years tannehill got his *** kicked so that his body broke down.
And yes I know philibin got fired 4 games into 2015. Can’t believe he got more years than gase. phibin wasted first 4 years and everyone put pressure on tannehill. Then he finds success in 2016 but by 2018 was injuried a lot and with all those wasted philibin years was considered the problem.

Gase had success in 2016 with Tannehill and Ajayi. He didn't have success in 2018 when he had reduced our offensive weapons to a shell of themselves and could no longer protect Tannehill either (which he's also failed to do with any QB in New York either).

I'm not saying the guy will be a perennial winner.

I just wanted to see if the young man would learn from the embarrassment he earned in that playoff loss. And to date, he looks like he has. But let's see after week 8.

I'm also on record that the BuF D will be top 10 if not Top5 by the end of week 6.

I'm not prepared at this point to say Allen won't be a perennial winner. He looks like he can make enough plays when defenses make mistakes to win football games in a regular season schedule. I just see in him a guy who is gonna have a hard time in the playoffs beating three or four high level teams in a row like he'll need to in order to win a championship. There are gonna be teams that force him to do things he doesn't do well, and I'm not sure of his composure still.

the clown philibin wasted 2012 2013 2014 and 2015. All years tannehill got his *** kicked so that his body broke down.

You folks got to late that go.

Philbin did bring in Tannehill college HC to help ease his transition.

Then you can add how the fan base, local media and eventually ownership started to believe that big boy football was so 1980s. Which gave us a complete overhaul in philosophy and personnel.

Tannehill is successful today, because he can rely on a generational talent at RB, a offensive line that was built BEFORE he got there and a defense that has its moments.

But he is doing what Mariota couldn't, and kudos for that.

Back
Top Bottom