Josh Allen was the pick to make....... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen was the pick to make.......

20PB
Power Play: 2
EST. JACKPOT
$43 Million

Were the numbers to play Saturday night :(

I always enjoyed watching him play for the Pokes.
I watched him **** the bed against Boise State his Senior year. Went 12/27, 131 yds, 1TD, 2 INT. Had a cannon for an arm, but couldn't hit anybody. You never know....

Hahahahahaha.

We did this for two decades with hall of famers, not about to play the what if game with Josh Allen.

Wouldn’t consider trading Tua for Allen.

Josh Allen? I think someone is forgetting Allen was selected before Miami even had a chance to pick him.

they didn't have a chance to draft him, but I said when he was drafted, he'd be among the most talented QBs to ever suit up in the NFL and only behind Mahomes for current QBs. Of course, this was laughed at. Didn't matter to everyone that his supporting cast was among the worst in the NFL and even back to his college days and his coordinator is a fraud. What's hilarious is all of the talking heads who hated Allen are now giving Daboll credit for it lol. Anyone can have success when you have a QB as talented as Allen. He's the prototype. Rocket arm, mobile, driven, can make all the throws with pace and touch. He has it all. Now that his #1 receiver isn't 5'9" and the other guys have been relegated to their deserved spots, they actually have decent weapons. It's going to be Mahomes and Allen dominating the league for a decade. Remember this gem? "yOu cAn'T tEaCH aCcUraCy"

Josh Allen will never be a flashy player or very accurate. But he’s a gamer, he’s a sandlot player who when he makes a mistake or gets knocked down he gets right back up and makes a play. He’ll need a few weapons but you can win with him. Very Favre like

Unlike Josh Allen who has some playoff wins under his belt...
Although Allen fumbled away his playoff game he still had his team leading in that game and also mounted a comeback when they fell behind unlike Lamar who went in as a favorite and was completely shut down and couldn’t make a pass when forced. It was an embarrassing performance.

they didn't have a chance to draft him, but I said when he was drafted, he'd be among the most talented QBs to ever suit up in the NFL and only behind Mahomes for current QBs. Of course, this was laughed at. Didn't matter to everyone that his supporting cast was among the worst in the NFL and even back to his college days and his coordinator is a fraud. What's hilarious is all of the talking heads who hated Allen are now giving Daboll credit for it lol. Anyone can have success when you have a QB as talented as Allen. He's the prototype. Rocket arm, mobile, driven, can make all the throws with pace and touch. He has it all. Now that his #1 receiver isn't 5'9" and the other guys have been relegated to their deserved spots, they actually have decent weapons. It's going to be Mahomes and Allen dominating the league for a decade. Remember this gem? "yOu cAn'T tEaCH aCcUraCy"

Congratulations on thinking that a guy with a 56 percent completion percentage in college is the most talented QBs to ever play in the NFL.

I would love to watch football for the next few years with Tua, Allen and Lawrence playing twice a year. I like our chances.

Tim Couch anyone? Kid was AMAZING and the browns ruined him!

I don't agree with that. I thought Tim Couch was the easiest call to bust among any of the quarterbacks who were picked first overall. He had horrendous crank-up mechanics and a weak arm. I was on Las Vegas radio frequently in that era, including prior to that draft. It was kind of consensus on the panel that Couch would bust. The live audience at the Stardust agreed also, in such contrast to other years when guys like Marinovich were disputed both ways. All of us had seen that Couch benefitted from the Kentucky gimmick offense but otherwise had awful numbers given his completion percentage. It was such dink and dunk garbage that Couch was completing 70% his final two years but not much above 7 YPA. These days guys like Tua are completing 70% in college yet it equates to 11 YPA.

That summer I was in Cleveland for a week. The Browns were in the Hall of Fame game. I remember getting into many arguments with Browns fans who were convinced Couch would be a savior.

Then two years later it was incredible that Butch Davis left a stacked team at the University of Miami to align with Tim Couch. Talk about throwing away your pro career before it ever begins. I wrote a letter to Davis imploring him to seek a different quarterback. Couch had already demonstrated in the NFL that his game didn't transfer from college. The completion percentage had plummeted and he wasn't close to 7 YPA. In fact, he never had one season in the NFL at 7 YPA or above. All the obvious restrictions were there, like that delivery. On the radio I used to call him Crank it Up Timmy Couch.

The guy did marry a Playboy Playmate, if I remember correctly. So not everything was a bust.

Back
Top Bottom