Josh Allen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen

Oh anything 'can' happen. I just can't count on them losing to the Panthers, Jets or Falcons (although the Falcons may have an outside shot). The Jets beating them would be amazingly cool...you never know in divisional games.

Panthers could pull one out if their D comes to play as well.

Not sure who they are starting at QB going forward though. If it's Newton or that backup guy, either is capable of creating a few big plays in a low scoring game.

Just have to hope Newton can limit those TO throws. The reality is Id be running a lot of Shotgun QB option plays and trying to bunker down on D if I were them. Chew clock and limit the throws.

Falcons have an outside shot as well.

Jets I can't even see happening but if it does...awesome!

Josh Allen still has enormous natural talent but what I also see in him is an extreme emotional attribute. Possibly one of the most emotional players in the NFL. It is this attribute that helps him to play over the top at times - playing to demolish opponents (eg Dolphins), but I'm just saying that he is a powder keg of emotions that could go off at any time, particularly when things don't go his way.
Pure talent is not enough. It will be interesting to see how he handles this recent failure to the Patriots in the statement game in Buffalo.

Last edited:
The Fat Tuna used to say, "Your record is what it say's you are" or something like that. Allen is 5-1 against us. Call him over rated if you must but he own our @$$e$

Wind aside, in his last 5 games he has 9 TD and 7 INTs; Josh allen has regressed for sure. He has all the tools in the world, but he also lacks emotional control - might be the whiniest player in the NFL at this point. its nauseating watching him moan after every play.

It’s like some of the posters haven’t seen a high wind game before. So he didn’t set the world on fire in 30 to 40 mph winds with 50 mph gusts. If you want to blame someone blame the coaching staff for not adjusting to the Pats running game. I’m not even a coach and I would of adjusted my game plan as soon as I seen what the weather was doing.
It was absolutely baffling to me that the Bills did not do everything possible to make sure Mack couldn't just hand it off and beat them.

That is worse coaching than anything I've ever seen from Flo and Boyer.

Allen's last series was absolutely brutal.

A veteran quarterback has to know that the middle of the field would be wide open on an all out blitz. There was Beasley, wide open, and Allen throws into double coverage instead.

Not sure why he always plays so well against Miami.

Wind aside, in his last 5 games he has 9 TD and 7 INTs; Josh allen has regressed for sure. He has all the tools in the world, but he also lacks emotional control - might be the whiniest player in the NFL at this point. its nauseating watching him moan after every play.
He hasn't progressed enough as a decision maker.

I get that it was a difficult day to rely on passing the football. The Bills defense did him no favors either by failing to stop the Patriots run game.

But that final series for Allen was absolutely brutal.

The Fat Tuna used to say, "Your record is what it say's you are" or something like that. Allen is 5-1 against us. Call him over rated if you must but he own our @$$e$
That's fair. Allen has definitely had his best games against Miami.

I think part of that is that the Dolphins haven't done a good job defending his running abilities. Allen seems to play better when that aspect of his game is going well.

Just my theory anyway.

It’s like some of the posters haven’t seen a high wind game before. So he didn’t set the world on fire in 30 to 40 mph winds with 50 mph gusts. If you want to blame someone blame the coaching staff for not adjusting to the Pats running game. I’m not even a coach and I would of adjusted my game plan as soon as I seen what the weather was doing.
Bills supposedly drafted Allen for his big arm to play in such weather games in Buffalo. It’s funny that Buffalo is not built at all to play these types games at home. Can’t run, can’t stop the run. They’re more built for a dome lol

Make no mistake, Josh will be a great QB.

The question is how his body will hold up after being smacked by Ogbah and Phillips twice a year. RGIII anyone?
He is and will be a very good QB in the NFL but I don’t ever see him being a great NFL QB. He just isn’t accurate enough as a passer to be considered great and I think he will run less as he gets older and takes more hits.

Thought he was going to be one of the best over the next 10 years, he has regressed, this makes me happy….
Where is that bills fan who was here every day during our losing streak, not to make fun but just b/c he cared to make honest observations and have good conversation with fins fans, hahahaha. And he would keep a record at the bottom of his post with Allens wins and Tuas wins, hahaha, comical.
Please never compare back and PS, the bills will go nowhere with that coach of yours, he is top 5 worst in the NFL! Love to see it, hahahaha!
He really hasnt regressed. What has regressed is his coaching staff. Josh had little problems with the wind last night but the coaches were scared to let him throw the ball in 25mph gusting to 50mph wins.

Point to the regression.

2020 - 16 Games 4544 yards, 37 TDs, 10 INTs, 69,2%. (284 yards per game, 2.31 Tds per, 0.625 INT per game)
2021 - 12 games: 3216 yards, 26 TDs, 10 INTs, 65.7% (268 yards per game, 2.17 TDs per, 0.83 INT per)

Sad part, as much as I hate de Bills is that the real problem we have is Bellicheat is a freaking genius. As long as he is in the NFL, the Bills, us, and the rest of the NFL will be suffering a lot.
McDermott totally out coached last night.

Bills supposedly drafted Allen for his big arm to play in such weather games in Buffalo. It’s funny that Buffalo is not built at all to play these types games at home. Can’t run, can’t stop the run. They’re more built for a dome lol
This is the talk today. Last night is why they Drafted Allen, and put the handcuffs on him for 3 QTRs, when he did throw for the most part he has zero issue with the wind. The coaching however coached scared, Daboll and McD have regressed big time this year.

Back
Top Bottom