JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
2015 is in the books and now work has begun on Phase II of the JRS renovations. Here is what is in store for Phase II:

WHAT TO EXPECT: 2016

State-of-the-art open-air Canopy
Four HD video boards with 1,472-inch screens in each corner of the new stadium
High-definition picture positioned for easy sightlines for every fan
All-new improved audio system
300 level patio bars with field views beneath all four video boards
New LED system from Ephesus Lighting
First-of-its-kind fiber optic system
Improved surface light levels, reduced glare, and significant energy savings

The field is being removed, cranes are parked outside the stadium and the roof is set to be assembled in the parking lot as early as next week.

Current field view:

PROPL_l-1.jpg

When completed 92% of the stadium seating will be in the shade for a 1pm kickoff come September.

nva-1.jpg

I love that it will put shade on our sidelines and make the away team melt in the sun

2015 is in the books and now work has begun on Phase II of the JRS renovations. Here is what is in store for Phase II:

The field is being removed, cranes are parked outside the stadium and the roof is set to be assembled in the parking lot as early as next week.

Current field view:

PROPL_l-1.jpg

When completed 92% of the stadium seating will be in the shade for a 1pm kickoff come September.

nva-1.jpg

The canopy structure pieces were laying around the West parking lot all season. That's what made parking twice as bad.

I wonder why they don't put the boards in first. You figure it would be much easier without a canopy.

Stadium is going to look fantastic. I just hope it's strong enough to withstand a big hurricane - South Florida is certainly overdue for one.

It should be fine in a hurricane, assuming that the contractors don't cut too many corners.

you guys like this? I think it looks great now.

I think it looks great now but renovations need to be made if they want the Super Bowl to return. I'm most impressed our owner is footing the bill.

I think it looks great now but renovations need to be made if they want the Super Bowl to return. I'm most impressed our owner is footing the bill.
This. Stephen Ross gets an A+ for footing the bill

Why? Owners should pay for stadium new-builds or renovations. They have very little impact on the local economy and if you are a business owner you should be responsible for your investment.

The A+ goes to our local governments for not bending and breaking.

Back
Top Bottom