Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

Shifty187 said:
What will be your excuse when Feeley cant get the job done with much better coaching, an improved OL and a stud RB?:rolleyes:

The Eagles raped us!

End of story...

If Feeley washes out this year then yes, the Eagles really raped us!

But before we pass judgement he needs to be given a legitimate chance to prove himself. No-one, IMO, would have done squat with the terrible performance from our former HC and that dreadful O-Line.

Shifty187 said:
What will be your excuse when Feeley cant get the job done with much better coaching, an improved OL and a stud RB?:rolleyes:

The Eagles raped us!

End of story...

Read the post again...ALL I am saying is that without a supporting cast it is too EARLY to make a fair assesment. WITH that supporting cast, he was OUTSTANDING in Philly and had THEIR fans calling for him to start over McNabb.

BlueFin said:
Obviously that will happen , we have seen this same diatribe over and over.

AJ will have to step up and show consistency or he will quickly go the way of Jay Fiedler under Saban.......he will not waste five years on him like Wannstedt did Fiedler.

My biggest questions regarding AJ is whether he makes good decisions or not?, can he read defenses? Does he go thru his progressions?

I saw way to much of him locking on to receivers last year and throwing into coverage. There also was the issue of how difficult it was for him to learn the playbook......there have been rumors of players privately saying he is not the sharpest knive in the knive drawer.

Now I realize many will come back with a fifty excuses as to why he played the way he did last year.....so don't waste your time, I've heard them all. He's going to get a chance to win the starters job and we'll see what happens.

Good post!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Good post!

Not really. He doesn't take all factors into consideration, blames everything on Feeley. Now I don't think Feeley will do great or suck next year but I will look at issues objectively.

thewicked1isher said:
If Feeley washes out this year then yes, the Eagles really raped us!

But before we pass judgement he needs to be given a legitimate chance to prove himself. No-one, IMO, would have done squat with the terrible performance from our former HC and that dreadful O-Line.

Not doing squat and leading the league in INT's and INT's returned for TD's are two totally different things!

FiN.in.RI said:
You obviously missed the point.

Forget about it. Feeley Haters will never see your point. I have been saying give him a chance for a while and I feel like Im a huge Feeley lover b/c of it. You won't get through to some people period.
In fact I have gone back and forth with NJfan on this subject plenty of times. It goes nowhere. Let's just see how he plays in TC and leave it at that.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
No not really, I hope he makes it! But what gets me sick is all the people sticking up for Feeley now, and using the same excuses as others used for Jay, but then it was not okay!

The guy point blank stunck last year overall. It's all in his hands now! Enough with the excuses, he needs to step up and play well, and I have my doubts.
No, you don't hope he makes it. You want him to fail and you want Gus to be the QB. At least be honest.

Here's a NEWS FLASH for you....Every QB who performs below expectations is going to defended by using the same excuses as any QB debate in the history of the NFL...There are only so many ways you can state the same thing. It hasn't got anything to do with the name on the back of the jersey. Sometimes the excuses will be right and sometimes they'll be wrong but, just because they were wrong for Jay Feidler doesn't mean they're wrong for AJ Feeley.

The same excuses are being made for harrington, Ramsey, Carr, etc....pretty much every QB that's ever played the game really....so, that's kind of a dumb reason to hold it against AJ.

Yes, he needs to step up and play well, No it's not certain that he will or can BUT...NO...it's not certain that he won't or can't either.

And when somebody makes a good point about prejudging him based on last year playing for one of the worst teams I've ever seen and you blow it off like you did it just makes your opinions seem petty, immature, and irrelevant.

FiN.in.RI said:
Not really. He doesn't take all factors into consideration, blames everything on Feeley. Now I don't think Feeley will do great or suck next year but I will look at issues objectively.

Man, take off the AJ glasses. In Philly he wasn't asked to win the games, he was an average QB on a very good team. In college he was a starter, got hurt and then could not beat out an average Harrington!

He has not shown anything! And what Blue fin said is right, he will have his chance to show Saban! If he does not, say goodbye to Feeley!

And I'm not even a AJ hater, I want to see him do well, but he has shown NOTHING!!!

As it relates to decision making...there is a HUGE difference between having 1.5 and 3 seconds to make one while being pursued by 300 lb D-lineman.

I agree, he has to improve, nowhere am I saying anything other than THIS YEAR, is the year he should be judged, NOT last year.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Man, take off the AJ glasses. In Philly he wasn't asked to win the games, he was an average QB on a very good team. In college he was a starter, got hurt and then could not beat out an average Harrington!

He has not shown anything! And what Blue fin said is right, he will have his chance to show Saban! If he does not, say goodbye to Feeley!

And I'm not even a AJ hater, I want to see him do well, but he has shown NOTHING!!!

AJ glasses? Give it a rest buddy. You don't have a clue.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

You're wrong about him showing nothing....Just flat out wrong....If he had shown nothing, we'd have drafted a QB.

Back
Top Bottom