Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

BlueFin said:
He wasn't that great either, not on a team good enough to reach the NFC Championship game. Actually his performances were rather Fiedler like during Wannstedts first two years.

We'll see.....this is his big chance.

No he wasn't Marinoesque, but he had the Philly fans clamoring for him to remain the starter over McNabb. He also was in the midst of a playoff hunt and his alligator arm recievers dropped a numerous amount of passes.

This is his big chance and I have no idea how he'll do. I just can't write him off based on one messy, messy season.

i agree with the first post... people here just want to blame all the problems of last year on him... he didn't play good at all last year but what was expected with the situation? ive watched games over and over again and paid attention to feeley and his progression through the season and you start to watch the games later in the year hes scanning recievers, not locking on to anyone, trying to ifnd open guys etc... but thats kinda tough to do when you ar egetting pressured immediately and your recievers aren't getting open...

it was a bad situation and i look forward to seeing what AJ truly has this season...

inFINSible said:
Feeley has almost as quick of a release as Dan did. In other words, it's way above average. They compare quite favorably in that aspect of their game.

This comment almost made me puke. :shakeno:

FiN.in.RI said:
I gotta say that there was too much instability on the sidelines to form an accurate opinion on this offense and that includes AJ Feeley. AJ wasn't that bad in Philly now was he.

AAAHHAAA...alas a good point....

As fans it is stupid and petty NOT TO SUPPORT EVERY PLAYER that puts on this uniform.

What exactly does it accomplish to hate and degrade any of the players on this team? Neither you nor I will ever be the cause of anyone being dumped from this team so what exactly is the point of constantly saying someone sucks?

inFINSible said:
Don't you guys think that if Feeley came in here and ruined the team single handedly, we all would be more than happy to run him out of town?

The fact remains that there were INFINITE reasons that this team crashed and burned last year and Feeley may or may not have been one of them.

Obviously, Saban feels that he wasn't a main cause of the wreckage.

He doesn't have to ruin the team for me to run him out of town, he can do less next year that will make me dislike him very much. :D

SCall13 said:
And your comments that constantly degrade a player on the Miami Dolphins make me feel the same way.

We haven't seen Feeley play long enough to make a decision on him. What we did see was heavily influenced by the play (or lack of play) by our offensive line. Hopefully he'll work out, I think Speilman had thought he might be the next Delhomme. I don't think he'll work out that well, but I think he'll eventually be better than Fiedler was.
I believe Saban thinks that Feeley will develop. Normally if you're in a somewhat-major QB crisis, you might draft a promising QB with a later pick, coach him up and sit him on the bench for a season, and then let him compete for the starting job. We didn't go this route this year (although I honestly believe that Saban would have taken Alex Smith if he was there).
I'm guessing that Saban believes the o-line will be better, and give Feeley some time to make decisions. Unless Feeley has a season-ending injury in preseason, we should know whether he was worth a 2nd round pick by December.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Yeah, but Marino threw it to our team!! :wink:
Well, if anyone wants to judge a QB from just one year of play, then judge Marino from his last year here. 12 tds 17 ints. Doesn't make sense!!:shakeno:

inFINSible said:
As fans it is stupid and petty NOT TO SUPPORT EVERY PLAYER that puts on this uniform.

What exactly does it accomplish to hate and degrade any of the players on this team? Neither you nor I will ever be the cause of anyone being dumped from this team so what exactly is the point of constantly saying someone sucks?

It is easier to place blame and debase individuals than it is to evaluate the big picture...

SCall13 said:
Oh, we don't dare to say that someone does something ALMOST as good as Dan.

FiN.in.RI said:
Not really. He doesn't take all factors into consideration, blames everything on Feeley. Now I don't think Feeley will do great or suck next year but I will look at issues objectively.

Where did I blame everything on AJ Feeley?

I have been fairly consistent all year in saying that he SHOULD get a chance to win the starters job this year, my only hope was that we would draft a good young prospect from this draft to be ready for next year in the event AJ did flop again.

Last year was not all AJ's fault, there was blame to go around starting at the top. I do however hold a QB responsible for their play, just as I do any other position.

svnrdr said:
It is easier to place blame and debase individuals than it is to evaluate the big picture...
I think it's more a matter of being able to say, "I told you so" but, you may be right.

I don't think I've ever campaigned against ANY player on this team the way some people campaign against players they don't like.

It's ridiculous and it comes from talking smack with other teams' fans.

Shifty187 said:
What will be your excuse when Feeley cant get the job done with much better coaching, an improved OL and a stud RB?:rolleyes:

The Eagles raped us!

End of story...
Then we'll bring in Peyton Manning and he'll have ONE bad game and because of that, people will say he sucks.:shakeno:

There must be something about his delivery that causes receivers to drop balls.We saw quite a bit of it last year too.

I thought he progressed last year but not enough to quiet his critics.
Considering the conditions he had to play in I think he deserves another chance.
I dont think Saban will play favorites .Let the best man win.

Back
Top Bottom