Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

CrunchTime said:
I dont think Saban will play favorites .Let the best man win.

That sums it all up right there. We all know Saban is the kind of coach that will put the best players on the field and give his team the best chance to win. So why get all pissy and argue amongst yourselves til your blue in the face about it? :confused: :shakeno:

SCall13 said:
Just because he plays for the Dolphins doesn't mean I have to like him or automatically think he is SUPER QB. (Like some people)
Who called him "SUPER QB"?????? I don't recall anyone.

inFINSible said:
As fans it is stupid and petty NOT TO SUPPORT EVERY PLAYER that puts on this uniform.

What exactly does it accomplish to hate and degrade any of the players on this team? Neither you nor I will ever be the cause of anyone being dumped from this team so what exactly is the point of constantly saying someone sucks?

I support every player when they are playing, I want AJ to throw five touchdowns .......when its gametime thats when a fan owes total support.

When its not gametime, I believe that a fan also has the right to be critical of the team and to hold opinions, particularly in the off-season when the team is being changed and altered to get ready for the next season.

This is all part of what makes being a fan..... being a fan, this is not a cult that requires unconditional blindfolded support.

SpeedRush99 said:
So why get all pissy and argue amongst yourselves til your blue in the face about it? :confused: :shakeno:

Because it's May, and nothing really interesting's gonna happen 'til August! :)

inFINSible said:
Now, see, when you stop with the silly smack, you actually can make a decent point.

A lot of people were desperate for ABF but, most are just saying give the guy a chance and stop saying he sucks based on what we all saw last year. Few if any or saying that he WILL be better becuase that's just as stupid as saying he WON'T be better.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance. And as I have said before, I will be the first in line to eat crow if I am proven wrong. I don't just bark out "AJ SUCKS". When I post something about him I try to add facts to what I say, or at least educated guesses or theories. I just don't have any good feelings about him. I haven't seen enough upside to say, "Hey, this guy could be good"

BlueFin said:
I support every player when they are playing, I want AJ to throw five touchdowns .......when its gametime thats when a fan owes total support.

When its not gametime, I believe that a fan also has the right to be critical of the team and to hold opinions, particularly in the off-season when the team is being changed and altered to get ready for the next season.

This is all part of what makes being a fan..... being a fan, this is not a cult that requires unconditional blindfolded support.

Absolutely. I rooted for and supported the team during the Wanny's tenure, but that doesn't mean I agreed with or respected his decisions.

SCall13 said:
I'm willing to give the guy a chance. And as I have said before, I will be the first in line to eat crow if I am proven wrong. I don't just bark out "AJ SUCKS". When I post something about him I try to add facts to what I say, or at least educated guesses or theories. I just don't have any good feelings about him. I haven't seen enough upside to say, "Hey, this guy could be good"

Couldn't have put it better.

islandah said:
Got to disagree here. I think, (not know, think) that if Alex Smith had been available, we would've taken him. I think all Feeley showed was that Aaron Rodgers was not a significantly better risk.

I'm not an AJ hater, but you can definitely put me in the AJ doubter category. That doesn't mean I don't want him to prove me wrong, just that I can objectively see that he showed no more promise than any other backup qb. I agree that last year was an unfair test, but he simply has not shown any reason to blindly believe in him either. The appearance was that Nick is not enamored, but there were no better options to try.

And BTW, BlueFin, I couldn't let pass a derogeratory remark regarding someone's intelligence by saying "not the sharpest knive in the knive drawer." Wouldn't that be knife, oh sharp one?

You got me.............:D

By the way, I support any player that steps on the field for Miami. But that doesn't mean I have to have confidence in him.

SCall13 said:
Who, besides AJ Feeley, have I degraded? Just because he plays for the Dolphins doesn't mean I have to like him or automatically think he is SUPER QB. (Like some people) There is no other player on this team that I have so much doubt about. And I have good reason. To compare Feeley's arm to Marino's arm in any way is the MOST ridiculous comment I have ever heard on this board. There is absolutely no comparison.
You making a remark about how I state my dislike for Feeley is probably hypocrital because you are probably one of the people who bashed Fiedler. But that's ok right? It was Fiedler. My opinion, that will be proven with facts, is that Feeley will have no more success than Fiedler. He just isn't good enough. That's why I feel Gus will start. He is just BETTER than Feeley. And Gus isn't that good.
I didn't say you degraded anyone besides Feeley.

I didn't compare feeley's arm to Marino's even though they are probably pretty close, arm strength wise. I compared the quickness of their release once they have decided where the ball is going. Which, by the way, I'm not the first to do that.

Like i said, I have supprted every player who has ever played for this team, and I even have a lot of people that will tell you that I supported Jay Feilder too, so I don't know what you're going to use to undermine my integrity now.Obviously, jumping to incorrect conclusions was the wrong path to take.

And you're welcome to your opinion, I just think it's an uninformed one.

SCall13 said:
Marino went threw some lean times in his career. And he never failed. He carried the team during those times. Marino wouldn't have FAILED. He would have played WAY better than Feeley would even dream of.
Your post is VERY weak. YOu take a jab at me without so much as backing up the argument are MEAKLY trying to make.
The big picture is this: AJ Feeley will be looking for another job next season.

Thanks Nostradamus...although no jab intended, it is MY OPINION that Marino would have failed last year in THAT system. I merely point out the lack of vision on your point. I FEEL that you are too busy hating Feeley and prognosticating the future without looking at what the reality was of last season...

So then answer me these simple questions:

1. Did the O-line protect the QBs last season?

2. Was there any unanticipated play calling?

3. Was there a rookie Offensive coordinator?

4. Was there sub-par head coaching?

5. Did our running game disappear with the retiring of Rick Williams?

Do you want need homework to do?

People forget how aweful Drew Brees was 2 years ago. How the fans simply ripped him a new @$$. Then, he came in with something to prove and look what happened.

Yes, it was ONE YEAR. But, as I recall, you don't need a HOF QB to win the SB. ONE great year is all ANY team needs to win a SB.

Is Feeley the same as Marino? No. But, he does have the same number of rings.

Feeley doesn't have to be the best QB to HELP us win a SB. He just needs to improve. And, so does the TEAM... I might add.

Keep things in perspective guys.... NO PLAYER IS A TEAM.

Feeley will be fine. The Phinz will be fine. Just give them both a FAIR chance to prove themselves.

And, for all those who believe FEELEY was a BIG reason we did so poorly last year.... they have no concept of how much negative impact and destruction Wanny was responsible for.

RELAX.... it's only May 3rd!

New Coach, new assistants, new players.... new team.

Right now, we are UNDEFEATED!

Back
Top Bottom