Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

Feeley won't step up. He is what he is: a backup at best. We essentially gave up a late 1st rounder for a guy who is scared in the pocket, lacks accuracy, can't read a defense, makes poor decisions and uses his dump off man more than anyone I have ever seen. People say he improved. I didn't see any vast improvement. I saw him getting lucky. He had as many INTs dropped in his last few games as he threw in the games prior. People are DESPERATE for Feeley to be good. So desperate that they look past his numerous and obvious flaws and REACH for anything positive about him - and then make it sound better than it is. Feeley doesn't have much upside. Everyone raves about his arm. His arm is not THAT great and even if it were, a rocket arm doesn't make you a good QB. Ryan Leaf threw the ball harder than Manning. Look how that turned out.
At least half the people on here hated Fiedler and will accept ANYONE in his stead. Then there is another fraction of people who just don't seem to get it or they just don't know what they are talking about. The rest are just extremely hopeful that a QB with very average skills turns into another Tom Brady. To all of you I say, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

inFINSible said:
You're wrong about him showing nothing....Just flat out wrong....If he had shown nothing, we'd have drafted a QB.

Got to disagree here. I think, (not know, think) that if Alex Smith had been available, we would've taken him. I think all Feeley showed was that Aaron Rodgers was not a significantly better risk.

I'm not an AJ hater, but you can definitely put me in the AJ doubter category. That doesn't mean I don't want him to prove me wrong, just that I can objectively see that he showed no more promise than any other backup qb. I agree that last year was an unfair test, but he simply has not shown any reason to blindly believe in him either. The appearance was that Nick is not enamored, but there were no better options to try.

And BTW, BlueFin, I couldn't let pass a derogeratory remark regarding someone's intelligence by saying "not the sharpest knive in the knive drawer." Wouldn't that be knife, oh sharp one?

SCall13 said:
Feeley won't step up. He is what he is: a backup at best. We essentially gave up a late 1st rounder for a guy who is scared in the pocket, lacks accuracy, can't read a defense, makes poor decisions and uses his dump off man more than anyone I have ever seen. People say he improved. I didn't see any vast improvement. I saw him getting lucky. He had as many INTs dropped in his last few games as he threw in the games prior. People are DESPERATE for Feeley to be good. So desperate that they look past his numerous and obvious flaws and REACH for anything positive about him - and then make it sound better than it is. Feeley doesn't have much upside. Everyone raves about his arm. His arm is not THAT great and even if it were, a rocket arm doesn't make you a good QB. Ryan Leaf threw the ball harder than Manning. Look how that turned out.
At least half the people on here hated Fiedler and will accept ANYONE in his stead. Then there is another fraction of people who just don't seem to get it or they just don't know what they are talking about. The rest are just extremely hopeful that a QB with very average skills turns into another Tom Brady. To all of you I say, DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH.
OK Coach.

inFINSible said:
I think it's more a matter of being able to say, "I told you so" but, you may be right.

I don't think I've ever campaigned against ANY player on this team the way some people campaign against players they don't like.

It's ridiculous and it comes from talking smack with other teams' fans.

Good point...

gofins said:
Well, if anyone wants to judge a QB from just one year of play, then judge Marino from his last year here. 12 tds 17 ints. Doesn't make sense!!:shakeno:
Hell, why not judge Dan on 1989...in his prime and he couldn't complete 57 percent of his passes for the season....24 tds to 22 ints...

SCall13 said:

A victim of his own post...Looks to judge without seeing the big picture. Marino would have failed with our coaching, system and O-line last year.

It still amazes me how many people just bash a guy to bash him.

Do I think AJ needs to step up and play better? YES no question in my mind. But to say he is horrible and will always suck is a bit premature. I guess you all expect every qb to come in and play great in their first year starting in the NFL? Can ANYONE name THREE QB's to do that in their first year starting in the last 10 years (modern NFL)? Another question how many QB's end up having a decent/good career after 3+ years? Brees, Dilfer, etc... Give the guy another year. Then if he still has made NO progress, I'll be first in line to search for a new QB.

inFINSible said:
Hell, why not judge Dan on 1989...in his prime and he couldn't complete 57 percent of his passes for the season....24 tds to 22 ints...
Some GMs on this board would have traded him after that season.

inFINSible said:
And your comments that constantly degrade a player on the Miami Dolphins make me feel the same way.

Who, besides AJ Feeley, have I degraded? Just because he plays for the Dolphins doesn't mean I have to like him or automatically think he is SUPER QB. (Like some people) There is no other player on this team that I have so much doubt about. And I have good reason. To compare Feeley's arm to Marino's arm in any way is the MOST ridiculous comment I have ever heard on this board. There is absolutely no comparison.
You making a remark about how I state my dislike for Feeley is probably hypocrital because you are probably one of the people who bashed Fiedler. But that's ok right? It was Fiedler. My opinion, that will be proven with facts, is that Feeley will have no more success than Fiedler. He just isn't good enough. That's why I feel Gus will start. He is just BETTER than Feeley. And Gus isn't that good.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm all tear's because AJ stunk and is getting picked on, I can hear the violin! He needs to step up, he proved nothing and it would not surprise me to see Gus start!

subra-1.jpg

Do you even watch football? Do you look at anything other then the score? I don't see you bashing the line or the RB's or the coaching. Did you know DW was our HC the last 5 years or that we had a rookie OC or a whole new Oline or the fact that Ricky quit? Do you have to be reminded? Everytime I read something from you, your way off. Your a suckup on the jills site and your football knowledge is inept. You are by far the worst poster on this site. Why don't you do some research befroe you act like your a football guru. Stop letting your hate rule your brain. Just because you don't like Feeley you make comments like the one above. You have no ability to be objective or to show patience. Not only did Feeley have to sit behind Fiedler, but he wasn't even given a fair chance by DW. DW loved FiFi and was bitter about having his power reduced thus not giving AJ a fair shot. I would expect these kind of remarks from a 16 year old, but when you get older you learn to read between the lines and not to judge things at face value. You remind me of the media that is so hated on this site for the same reasons bias and opinionated.

I'm not going to say AJ is the next superstar QB in the NFL, but the guy has the tools. I hope he turns into a very solid QB for us so I have to read about how great it is to have a good QB rather then the unfair garb being spewed about him. Some people on this site have no foresight. At least give the guy a chance under a good coaching staff before you kick him when he's down. He's already shown he can get the job done in a good situation... the Eagles.

SCall13 said:

I hated feidler because he had 4 years to prove himself and in those four years he did not progress. He was the same QB in year 4 that he was in year 1 this to me is unacceptable. Feeley on the other hand did show improvement from his first start to his last one. This is not saying much being that his first start was so bad but my point is that If Feeley does not show improvment in next year then I will hate him just like I hated feidler. I don't care if mickey mouse playes qb for us as long as he plays well I'm fine.

Oboy said:
It still amazes me how many people just bash a guy to bash him.
Can ANYONE name THREE QB's to do that in their first year starting in the last 10 years (modern NFL)?
Name one who had to play behind a line as horrible as ours!

SCall13 said:

Now, see, when you stop with the silly smack, you actually can make a decent point.

A lot of people were desperate for ABF but, most are just saying give the guy a chance and stop saying he sucks based on what we all saw last year. Few if any or saying that he WILL be better becuase that's just as stupid as saying he WON'T be better.

svnrdr said:
A victim of his own post...Looks to judge without seeing the big picture. Marino would have failed with our coaching, system and O-line last year.

Marino went threw some lean times in his career. And he never failed. He carried the team during those times. Marino wouldn't have FAILED. He would have played WAY better than Feeley would even dream of.
Your post is VERY weak. YOu take a jab at me without so much as backing up the argument are MEAKLY trying to make.
The big picture is this: AJ Feeley will be looking for another job next season.

Back
Top Bottom