Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

NYinBostonFin said:
Forget about it. Feeley Haters will never see your point. I have been saying give him a chance for a while and I feel like Im a huge Feeley lover b/c of it. You won't get through to some people period.
In fact I have gone back and forth with NJfan on this subject plenty of times. It goes nowhere. Let's just see how he plays in TC and leave it at that.

I'm witnessing your point....agreed

inFINSible said:
No, you don't hope he makes it. You want him to fail and you want Gus to be the QB. At least be honest.

Here's a NEWS FLASH for you....Every QB who performs below expectations is going to defended by those that want to do that by using the same excuses as any QB debate in the history of the NFL...There are only so many ways you can state the same thing. It hasn't got anything to do with the name on the back of the jersey. Sometimes the excuses will be right and sometimes they'll be wrong but, just because they were wrong for Jay Feidler doesn't mean they're wrong for AJ Feeley.

The same excuses are being made for harrington, Ramsey, Carr, etc....retty much every QB that's ever played the game really....so, that's kind of a dumb reason to hold it against AJ.

Yes, he needs to step up and play well, No it's not certain that he will or can BUT...NO...it's not certain that he won't or can't either.

And when somebody makes a good point about prejudging him based on last year playing for one of the worst teams I've ever seen and you blow it off like you did it just makes your opinions seem petty, immature, and irrelevant.

Well if you go back and read all my posts about AJ, you will see I say each time (I hope he makes it, I hope he proves me wrong)! So you don't know whats in my head.

I'm sick of the excuses, it's time for him to step up or go away. Yes I have my doubts!

You can say all the same things about Jay that everyone is saying about AJ if you go by that logic of the post! Jay played in the same offense. Should we bring him back???

It is obvious that Feeley has a year(or a training camp) to show what he's got or not so to anyone who tries to make that a point is just stating the obvious. No one here thinks Feeley should get more than, I'd say even, half of a season to prove his worth.

inFINSible said:
You're wrong about him showing nothing....Just flat out wrong....If he had shown nothing, we'd have drafted a QB.

AGREED....I think the Feeley glasses are being worn by NJ...:cooldude:

Those glasses are focused on the individual and NOT the system he played in...NOTICE, Wanny is gone, Forester is gone....Feeley remains.

HOWEVER...he better prove himself THIS year or he'll be with them...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Well if you go back and read all my posts about AJ, you will see I say each time (I hope he makes it, I hope he proves me wrong)! So you don't know whats in my head.

I'm sick of the excuses, it's time for him to step up or go away. Yes I have my doubts!

You can say all the same things about Jay that everyone is saying about AJ if you go by that logic of the post! Jay played in the same offense. Should we bring him back???
If you hoped he can prove you wrong, you would embrace logical reasons for his failure, instead of blowing them off.

When Penninigton goes down this year, you just may be surprised at what Jay can and can't do.

FiN.in.RI said:
It is obvious that Feeley has a year(or a training camp) to show what he's got or not so to anyone who tries to make that a point is just stating the obvious. No one here thinks Feeley should get more than, I'd say even, half of a season to prove his worth.

I'm not trying get get everyone PO'd and such. Again, it's just like two years ago and everyone blamming Jay, a lot of the same people backing Feeley so strong now (And I'm not saying it's you or anyone), but enough with the excuses. I think we can all agree, he needs to step it up, and he hasn't really shown me he can, and I'll say it again, I hope he proves me wrong!

svnrdr said:
Those glasses are focused on the individual and NOT the system he played in...NOTICE, Wanny is gone, Forester is gone....Feeley remains.

I agree with this. And i will also add that Feeley shouldn't be relied upon straight out the gates to be the savior and WIN games for us. He needs to manage and play within the offense and make the right decisions, first.

FiN.in.RI said:
I agree with this. And i will also add that Feeley shouldn't be relied upon straight out the gates to be the savior and WIN games for us. He needs to manage and play within the offense and make the right decisions, first.

HOWEVER...he better prove himself THIS year or he'll be with them...LOL

inFINSible said:
If you hoped he can prove you wrong, you would embrace logical reasons for his failure, instead of blowing them off.

When Penninigton goes down this year, you just may be surprised at what Jay can and can't do.

I think Jay will do very well in that offense. I'm just not so sure AJ can do well in our offense. I hope he does!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm not trying get get everyone PO'd and such. Again, it's just like two years ago and everyone blamming Jay, a lot of the same people backing Feeley so strong now (And I'm not saying it's you or anyone), but enough with the excuses. I think we can all agree, he needs to step it up, and he hasn't really shown me he can, and I'll say it again, I hope he proves me wrong!

I agree with this. The man needs to step up, for sure.

The thing is that I won't judge him based on one year of extreme instablity throughout the organiztion from top to bottom in which no one on the offense played worth a dime.

FiN.in.RI said:
I gotta say that there was too much instability on the sidelines to form an accurate opinion on this offense and that includes AJ Feeley. AJ wasn't that bad in Philly now was he.

He wasn't that great either, not on a team good enough to reach the NFC Championship game. Actually his performances were rather Fiedler like during Wannstedts first two years.

We'll see.....this is his big chance.

FiN.in.RI said:

I agree with that, he did not make the right decisions last year, let's hope his head gets screwed on right this year with the new staff!

I have been a Feeley supporter since he came here if for nothing else that it was at least a good chance at ending the below average/mediocre/nerve racking play of Fiedler. That said, do I think he was worth a 2nd rounder? Possibly, we'll know this season. I honestly do believe that last year was a total circus behind the scenes and would have hard to shine through all the BS. But those times are behind us and its time to show up or get out.

Don't you guys think that if Feeley came in here and ruined the team single handedly, we all would be more than happy to run him out of town?

The fact remains that there were INFINITE reasons that this team crashed and burned last year and Feeley may or may not have been one of them.

Obviously, Saban feels that he wasn't a main cause of the wreckage.

FiN.in.RI said:
I agree with this. The man needs to step up, for sure.

The thing is that I won't judge him based on one year of extreme instablity throughout the organiztion from top to bottom in which no one on the offense played worth a dime.

EXACTLY my original point!!!!

Back
Top Bottom