Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

BlueFin said:
I support every player when they are playing, I want AJ to throw five touchdowns .......when its gametime thats when a fan owes total support.

When its not gametime, I believe that a fan also has the right to be critical of the team and to hold opinions, particularly in the off-season when the team is being changed and altered to get ready for the next season.

This is all part of what makes being a fan..... being a fan, this is not a cult that requires unconditional blindfolded support.
Nor did I say it was.

What is the point of saying a player sucks, over and over again, if that player is not going anywhere no matter how many times you say it?

Wouldn't it be better to hope that player improves? That is what I mean by support. But you knew that.

I guess all those that use last year's debacle as a reason to believe in AJ also believe that it was a major mistake to draft Ronnie Brown. After all, how can you judge a RB that had to run behind that line, play in that system, play under that coach, etc. AND Sammy Morris still averaged 4 ypc, which I believe was better than Ricky's average. Why no love for Sammy?? or Travis Minor for that matter?

Because even in a bad situation, you can still make some judgements based on performance and history, that's why. AJ has done nothing to prove himself any better at his position than those guys did at theirs, but nobody's complaining that we took a RB. Please apply the same standards.

feelthepain said:
Do you even watch football? Do you look at anything other then the score? I don't see you bashing the line or the RB's or the coaching. Did you know DW was our HC the last 5 years or that we had a rookie OC or a whole new Oline or the fact that Ricky quit? Do you have to be reminded? Everytime I read something from you, your way off. Your a suckup on the jills site and your football knowledge is inept. You are by far the worst poster on this site. Why don't you do some research befroe you act like your a football guru. Stop letting your hate rule your brain. Just because you don't like Feeley you make comments like the one above. You have no ability to be objective or to show patience. Not only did Feeley have to sit behind Fiedler, but he wasn't even given a fair chance by DW. DW loved FiFi and was bitter about having his power reduced thus not giving AJ a fair shot. I would expect these kind of remarks from a 16 year old, but when you get older you learn to read between the lines and not to judge things at face value. You remind me of the media that is so hated on this site for the same reasons bias and opinionated.

I'm not going to say AJ is the next superstar QB in the NFL, but the guy has the tools. I hope he turns into a very solid QB for us so I have to read about how great it is to have a good QB rather then the unfair garb being spewed about him. Some people on this site have no foresight. At least give the guy a chance under a good coaching staff before you kick him when he's down. He's already shown he can get the job done in a good situation... the Eagles.

When you get a clue, you can talk with me! And when you figure out your not playing electric football, you can talk with me.

Regarding the Jills site, when they make a good point, I agree, unlike what you say (your hate ruling your brian) because they are Bills fans.

And you are the one that bashes everyone and anyone on this site and others!

So Grow up! :shakeno:

Nobody asked you to agree with me, but if you can't agree to disagree, who is acting like the 16 year-old????

islandah said:
Got to disagree here. I think, (not know, think) that if Alex Smith had been available, we would've taken him. I think all Feeley showed was that Aaron Rodgers was not a significantly better risk.

I'm not an AJ hater, but you can definitely put me in the AJ doubter category. That doesn't mean I don't want him to prove me wrong, just that I can objectively see that he showed no more promise than any other backup qb. I agree that last year was an unfair test, but he simply has not shown any reason to blindly believe in him either. The appearance was that Nick is not enamored, but there were no better options to try.

If he was a better option than Aaron Rodgers, Charley Frye, Andrew Walter, Adrian McPherson, etc. Then he must be worth something that you haven't seen.

I mean, many many people thought Rodgers was going number 1 overall, so how can you say that Rodgers wasn't a better option and still doubt AJ?
:confused:

inFINSible said:
If he was a better option than Aaron Rodgers, Charley Frye, Andrew Walter, Adrian McPherson, etc. Then he must be worth something that you haven't seen.

I mean, many many people thought Rodgers was going number 1 overall, so how can you say that Rodgers wasn't a better option and still doubt AJ?
:confused:

Like Berman said: "t's not like he walked off the bus and started throwng INTs"

svnrdr said:
Thanks Nostradamus...although no jab intended, it is MY OPINION that Marino would have failed last year in THAT system. I merely point out the lack of vision on your point. I FEEL that you are too busy hating Feeley and prognosticating the future without looking at what the reality was of last season...

So then answer me these simple questions:

1. Did the O-line protect the QBs last season?

2. Was there any unanticipated play calling?

3. Was there a rookie Offensive coordinator?

4. Was there sub-par head coaching?

5. Did our running game disappear with the retiring of Rick Williams?

Do you want need homework to do?

LMAO @ Nostradamus.

1) according to everyone on this site, the O-line made some big strides and improved a good bit last year.
2) there is always SOME unanticipated play calling. But it was a known fact(and well documented) that Feeley had trouble learning the play book. That being the case, we probably kept it simple. And even with simple play calling, he couldn't hit the right colored jersey alot of the time. By the way, there were some pretty nifty trick plays that were called last year.
3) Yes, there was a rookie offensive coordinator last year. but he had the help of 2 veteran offensive coordinators.
4) We've had sub-par head coaching since Shula left. So that is not a new excuse.
5) Our running game didn't equate to any playoff games for us anyway. We semi addressed the RB situation with GOrdon, but he got hurt. But hey, Marino never had a running game.

By the way, Nostradamus foretold the future, not the past. :D

svnrdr said:

They have blind faith in losman!:wink:

It's very funny, it's very similar to the AJ vs Jay thing over there. Some thought Drew should have stayed and started and then pull an Eli and put in Losman, but most wanted no part of Drew (Like Jay).

They will be killing each other this season just like we are over the QB!

Back
Top Bottom