Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

SCall13 said:
LMAO!! If you say so. There is NO accuracy to that statement. Marino had the quickest release in the history of the league. We need to make a poll on this.
If you really feel this way, you are the biggest AJ hugger on this board.
AJ has a very quick release. That is not my opinion, that is a fact.

It is also a fact that I'm not the only person to make the comparison.

I'm talking about people in the league, not MB posters, BTW.

*edit*
Do you know how many people are laughing at you about this?
I couldn't care less who is laughing at me.

svnrdr said:
IMO...there was not a single person or aspect on offense that had respectable year.

It all started from the top with poor coaching, then offensive line that could not run block so our RBs never had a chance. They could not pass block so or QBs could not execute the offense effectively, which in turn never allowed our receivers to run their routes and make plays. Look, when your TE is the leading receiver on the team, typically that means short routes are the most effective because they have to be. If we get our O-line to do their jobs, and I expect we will, we will be in better shape to judge AJ. I keep reading how immobile AJ is…even in the 4th qtr of the Seattle game last year where he could barely walk, he was more mobile than the greatest QB, (IMHO) Dan Marino. Our Qbs were sacked 52 times last yearâ€â€that is an average of 3.25 per game.

THIS year, will be the year we can really start to evaluate our offense & QBs, and that will also start from the top with the hiring of Scott Linehan (top-tiered offensive coordinator), and Hudson Houck best O-line coach in the NFL. Good coaching and offensive line play is what will make a difference this year, and will allow us to better evaluate our QB play in general.
Last year was a terrible year for the Miami Dolphins right from the beginning. Ricky Williams quit on us. David Boston was lost for the season. Dave Wannstedt put us in a horrible position with a Quarterback controversary with Jay Fiedler and AJ Feeley. In my mind, there was no confident way I could absolutely say AJ Feeley is an upgrade from Fiedler. As much as everyone feels Fiedler was given the job like always by Wanny, I truly didn't feel Feeley showed enough to beat out Fiedler based in training camp and pre-season. AJ's going to have the same problem this year with Gus the only thing though is that this year AJ is the incumbent, and Gus is going to have to beat out AJ for the starting job if he's going to be starting for us. AJ's in a really tight spot if you ask me because everything seems stacked against him, Gus is an experience veteran who's been in the league for quite sometime, and he has the distinct advantage of knowing Scott Linehan's system. Our coaching staff was dreadful last year starting off with Wanny, Chris Foerester, Tony Wise, all had to go and they are now gone. Hiring Nick Saban was the first great move this team has made during the offseason and he brought in a better staff and the two most important from the staff are Scott Linehan and Hudson Houck.

Linehan is one of the best offensive coordinators and will be one of the biggest factors of launching a new explosive offensive for this team, and Hudson Houck is arguably the best if not the best offensive coordinator in the game and will IMPROVE our offensive line, I have confidence in that because ANYTHING is an improvement from last year. Like I said, the players weren't soley responsibly to blame as was Wise and the coaching staff. Some players on our offensive line just looked awful last year such as Wade Smith and Seth McKinney. I fair our offensive line wasn't given a fair chance due to poor coaching by Wise, and this year will be the year that they have to prove whether they're good enough to be starting in the NFL because they finally have the right coaching with Hudson Houck. My personal feelings are Seth McKinney (will not start or could be released), Taylor Whitley (DEF will not start and could be released). The biggest problem last year in my opinion was our offensive line, along with our coaching, QB situation, and rush D. Our WR's last year performance we're definitely underutilized and that should change with Linehan if we have a QB who can get them the ball. I do admit that last year's performance's by AJ Feeley and Lamar Gordon (all of our RB's), and our offensive line were unfair to judge because based on the terrible circumstances they were all put under.

I think most of them will be given a fair chance and will be fairly judged this year. The problem will AJ Feeley is he's going to have to beat out Gus Frerotte to get that chance to show us what's hes got and he can't have the job given to him, he'll have to EARN it. I without a shadow of a doubt trust that Saban won't be giving out starting jobs to anyone this year unlike Wanny and if you're good enough to start, he will start you, and if you're good enough to stay starter... he'll keep you in as starter. With the odds favoring Gus in my opinion AJ will have to be nothing short of looking EXTREMELY SHARP and impressive during the offseason if he's going to win the job because Gus will give him some competition because he already knows the system Linehan is running. I question whether or not AJ will be able to learn a new system, and whether or not he can read defenses. The only thing I worry about is that we do not have a QB controversary going into the season, and throughout the season much like we did with Wannstedt. That was one of the biggest mistakes Wanny made last year, and I know Saban is smart enough to not let that happen and comes up with a good way to solve the problem. Maybe the best man winning the starting job for Quarterback. I hope for the best, and I have trust in Saban unlike the past 5 years with Wannstedt. Just wanted to share my opinions and my analysis on this whole situation with Feeley, our offensive line, last year's performances, and the whole situation our team has been in... and that I feel we are headed in the right direction. GO DOLPHINS :cool:

BlueFin said:
he is going have to prove something to me this year or I don't want to see him under center in 2006.

As a pro athlete thats all you can ask from the fans, be patient and to be given a fair chance. I agree with you.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
They have blind faith in losman!:wink:

It's very funny, it's very similar to the AJ vs Jay thing over there. Some thought Drew should have stayed and started and then pull an Eli and put in Losman, but most wanted no part of Drew (Like Jay).

They will be killing each other this season just like we are over the QB!
We are optimistic about Losman's potential. If it's blind faith ,then what do you call those who have faith in Feeley?

feelthepain said:
As a pro athlete thats all you can ask from the fans, be patient and to be given a fair chance. I agree with you.
I agree with that too. If Feeley doesn't come into his own this year, Ill be ready to move on just like everyone else.

inFINSible said:
:lol:

I saw you say that earlier and I was hoping I wouldn't have to answer it but, after thinking on it for a minute, if we followed that logic we'd never draft anyone. :wink:

You gotta make a choice and being that part of the QB's success relies on the o-line AND the running game, I would say that getting a RB who almost guarantees an upgrade to the position, would be the priority.

Ah, so doesn't a RB's success rely on the o-line AND the passing game? That was the difference in this draft:an almost guaranteed upgrade at the RB position was there. If an almost guaranteed upgrade at the QB position had been there (Smith?) we might have gone there. Apparently in Saban's judgement, the other QB's weren't slam-dunk enough to take the risk.

And in the future, don't try to avoid my brilliant points! I have so few. :lol:

inFINSible said:
AJ has a very quick release. That is not my opinion, that is a fact.

It is also a fact that I'm not the only person to make the comparison.

I'm talking about people in the league, not MB posters, BTW.

*edit* I couldn't care less who is laughing at me.

I follow football as much as anyone and I have never heard a REMOTE comparison between Feeley's release and Marino's release. The only comparison between the two is the probably wear the same color jock strap. And the only thing Feeley has over Marino is a better looking wife. :D

I really don't think its all about hating or hugging AJ. Some have strong faith in him, some don't!

Some people like me say he proved nothing last year, some people think he showed promise.

I don't think there is one person who dosen't want him to turn into a good starting QB on this site!

Is anyone wrong by doing so? I don't think so! But BlueFin is right, some take it to far.

If I state I have my doubts, all the sudden I'm a hater, if someone says I'm crazy, all the sudden they are a AJ hugger, I'm guilty of it as are most!

Its a good debate to have, but I think we can all agree it would be best for the Fins if he did well and was the starter.

But only time will tell!

Justasportsfan said:
We are optimistic about Losman's potential. If it's blind faith ,then what do you call those who have faith in Feeley?

When I originally posted this, I was merely stating that IMO, his year to be judged is THIS year, not LAST.

For me it is not faith in Feeley succeeding as much as it is hoping he succeeds...for the betterment of the team.

islandah said:
Ah, so doesn't a RB's success rely on the o-line AND the passing game? That was the difference in this draft:an almost guaranteed upgrade at the RB position was there. If an almost guaranteed upgrade at the QB position had been there (Smith?) we might have gone there. Apparently in Saban's judgement, the other QB's weren't slam-dunk enough to take the risk.

And in the future, don't try to avoid my brilliant points! I have so few. :lol:
Yes, a running back can be helped by the QB but, only if the o-line is able to do their job correctly. :D If the defense doesn't respect the running game and the o-line can't give the QB more than a second and a half to make them respect the passing game, nobody can succeed.

SCall13 said:
I follow football as much as anyone and I have never heard a REMOTE comparison between Feeley's release and Marino's release. The only comparison between the two is the probably wear the same color jock strap. And the only thing Feeley has over Marino is a better looking wife. :D

Now you went to far! AJ's not married! So Marino has the best looking wife of the two! :wink:

feelthepain said:

Not sure that millionare pro athletes can really count on or deserve the patient part. Wayne doesn't discount my tickets if the team does poorly.

islandah said:
Not sure that millionare pro athletes can really count on or deserve the patient part. Wayne doesn't discount my tickets if the team does poorly.

Well the Chargers were not patient and if not for snot-nosed Rivers and his a-hole agent holding out, Brees would not have had the season he did.

Justasportsfan said:

By blind faith I mean, you don't know what you will get, most are hoping for the best! We had a taste of AJ, and people either think he can be good, or can't.

But Drew was your Jay, it was very similar!

Oh no, another Feeley thread!!!! I didn't read all 123 posts, but I did skim it. Looks like all the same rehashed arguments. Some people hate him, some love him, some just want to give him another chance. I can't wait for the season to start, not only to see the new Phins, but to stop the bickering once and for all about Feeley.

Oh well....GO PHINS!!!!:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom