Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ?

RT had a much better OL to work with which is a good example of OL need..He had more Time to pass and holes for Henry to plow through..

Look I've been around long enough to understand the value of a smash mouth RB, which to a large degree has been replaced with the super quick shifty smaller type guys who achieve much success running around the edge.
Agree I would like to see a bruiser with that shifty RB as a tandem for our backfield and bring that change of pace and also think it would help.
BUT ...big But ... you still need a good OL to go along with that steam roller. Much like the QB needs a good OL, they feed off each other and make each other better. So all this talk I see about either or IMO is silly its got to be a team RB/OL...QB/OL effort. Poor any one of them, will effect the all around success of the offense......
Most importantly our new OC loves the power running game. It’s his MO, so expect us to spend big FA $$$ on oline and RB or draft them. I def see us using our last #1 or high#2 on RB unless we sign Howard or Gordon. Our coach loves D so we need a PROVEN pass rusher in FA like Clowney, Ngakoue or Judon.

Most importantly our new OC loves the power running game. It’s his MO, so expect us to spend big FA $$$ on oline and RB or draft them. I def see us using our last #1 or high#2 on RB unless we sign Howard or Gordon. Our coach loves D so we need a PROVEN pass rusher in FA like Clowney, Ngakoue or Judon.

Personally hope we are not picking players to fit a coming out of retirement (wasn't very good when he wasn't retired) OC, that might not last a year or two. I hope we take a leaf out of the smart teams book's and pick up good players and adapt your system around them.

Fix interior OL through the 1st wave of FA... I dont care if they overpay there. I also dont care if they overpay for a tackle in this particular case given the the cap space available(Down the road, they'd like to fill that position through the draft).

Then focus on DEs and CBs during the 2nd wave.

Getting 2 very good interior OLs, 1 good tackle, a couple of good DBs and a couple of fringe starters DEs is a huge win for this off-season's free agency IMO. This allows them to focus on QB, T, EDGE and DB in the draft and not put those players in bad situations. Also allows them to deviate a bit and snatch a WR or RB if a great deal is available without compromising the 2020 season core.

Agree that the OL in FA must be a top priority

Ive mention (to often) my top two being Conklin and Thuney. Would like to clarify a couple things .

Thuney is the top of the list. Get him, period.

Now the interesting part is with Conklin. After more reflection I'am finding out at least in my opinion this has become more of a difficult decision than previously thought.
Bottom line is, Only want and willing to pay his pushing the envelope salary if we actually get Tua. No Tua (lefty) actually don't want to pay that kind of money for him. With Tua willing to open that envelope and feel we need to protect our investment (Tua) at all costs.
Now theres the problem in which we don't know till the draft where Tua's ending up and thus Conklin (possible best RT in the NFL) true need and Value in question. Which has put my whole Conklin theory in question.....

If they do go after Conklin and sign him that would tell us alot about there understandings of the level of them actually grabbing Tua, IMO

"There's allllllways something " Rosanne Rosanna Dana

Last edited:
The first player that came to mind for me was Chris Jones. I think KC will keep him, though, probably with the franchise tag. He's also stated that he wants to stay with the Chiefs.

If I'm splurging on any player, it's a top of the line pass rusher. Not Clowney, though. Miami has had a lot of problems drafting pass rushers in recent history with Jordan and Harris both flopping. Plus, I think the early part of the draft should be used on offense, quarterback and players around that position.

Tua is right handed. Just because his dad forced him to throw with his left hand doesn't change that. Slim mentioned he has a harder time with pressure from his left and the little I have watched bears that out. His hip injury was on the left side of the line.

So maybe it isn't a ROT we should be fixated on. At the moment (I think) we do have better talent at ROT than LOT on our roster. That said I'd like to replace both tackles and both guards. I could live with the OC for now.

Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue

Young and instant impact

This is why it becomes difficult- especially to try and sign 2 OL of quality-

1:23 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Thuney and Conklin on the move?
Two free agent offensive linemen are in huge demand and have created a big market for themselves during discussions at the combine. The first would be soon to be former New England Patriots guard Joe Thuney, as almost two dozen teams (20 to be exact) are showing interest in his services. The belief is Thuney will get a lot more money than initially expected as there will be a bidding war to sign him

This is why it becomes difficult- especially to try and sign 2 OL of quality-

1:23 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Thuney and Conklin on the move?
Two free agent offensive linemen are in huge demand and have created a big market for themselves during discussions at the combine. The first would be soon to be former New England Patriots guard Joe Thuney, as almost two dozen teams (20 to be exact) are showing interest in his services. The belief is Thuney will get a lot more money than initially expected as there will be a bidding war to sign him

Kind of stating the obvious IMO. I think most semi informed Fans knew that these 2 will be at the top of the OL FA and would not be cheap. It's not a surprise.... Franchising is also a potential problem...
Amazing that our organization has put itself in either the best or very close to accommodate both if thought needed but especially one without much limiting future acquisitions needed..
IMO Thuney needed and best acquisition we could make. Also hope Flores connection gives us another possible advantage.

Conklin if Tua acquired seems also to be a wise decision not only for upgrading the OL but also giving that Tua investment as much protection as possible for obvious reasons. An extra bonus for Conklins surely top shelf RT salary......JMO

Last edited:
The way I look at it, the Dolphins are going to spend top dollar for at least one FA.

They brought in Clowney last off-season to try to acquire him, knowing that if the trade went through they would have to spend a lot of money on him to extend him.

Kind of stating the obvious IMO. I think most semi informed Fans knew that these 2 will be at the top of the OL FA and would not be cheap. It's not a surprise.... Franchising is also a potential problem...
Amazing that our organization has put itself in either the best or very close to accommodate both if thought needed but especially one without much limiting future acquisitions needed..
IMO Thuney needed and best acquisition we could make. Also hope Flores connection gives us another possible advantage.

Conklin if Tua acquired seems also to be a wise decision not only for upgrading the OL but also giving that Tua investment as much protection as possible for obvious reasons. An extra bonus for Conklins surely top shelf RT salary......JMO

Sadly, I think, if Miami is willing to pay a ransom, they will do so for one player. I doubt it will be two.

Sadly, I think, if Miami is willing to pay a ransom, they will do so for one player. I doubt it will be two.

I do to...
Just hope that I'm wrong and they see it more the way I do....probably not though.
If they get one I will be pleasantly surprised for I've developed (2 decades) such a poor attitude with this organization lack of insight for a good OL....But we all know only one is far from efficient and logical but if just one hope they have alternate plans lined up to upgrade the OL the way it needs to and has needed to for decades...Its Time ! The Draft will help but FA's needed..

Damn its a no brainer that if Tua is acquired The OL should take on even a more than normal level of efficiency and would be pretty damn foolish to not realize.....

the safest position for Miami to make splashes on is the Oline. Get a couple tackles and then wait for Day 2-3 or the draft. start investing in protecting your qb

I would pay Thuney.... The O line is terrible...

I just hope that the Dolphins take at least two offensive linemen in the first three rounds. Would love to see Biadasz fall to our second pick in the second round... That would be a pipe dream.... I like Prince Tega Wanogho so much I would take him with our first pick in round 2....

Biadasz, Wanogho, and Thuney completely revamp the Line and turn it into a team strength where it was our biggest weakness a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom