Just had a look at the Bill's stats. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just had a look at the Bill's stats.

The Bills schedule through the first 6 weeks has been pretty fortunate for them. They played some formerly good teams who are struggling and they have played some pretty mediocre and bad teams.

They got beat by the Ravens as well as the Jets who are struggling BIG TIME. A win IN New England is always impressive but it was Jacoby Brissett after all.

Their road now is a lot tougher. Two division games vs Mia and NE (with Brady this time) followed by a trip to Seattle.

The only way we beat them is if our trenches are physical again like Pitt. Matt Forte put 3 rushing TD's on them in week 2 and Fitz put up 375 yards.

This is the game where Miami shows if they can be consistent (with a starting o-line) and turn the corner. A lot riding on this one for Gase.

This is what worries me:

"It is the perfect opportunity for this franchise to either stay in its rut or to make a declaration and do what it has not been doing for a long time: Takin’ care of business."

Every time we need a win like this we **** the bed. This goes back beyond 2008. If the whole AFC East loses, we lose that day. If we only need to beat New Haven State to get into the playoffs, we choke. If we have a chance to move a full game up in the standings at a crucial time in the season - we blow it. Whether the opponent is the Bills or the Buffalo Sabres Sunday we will likely lay an egg. There should be a GEICO commercial, "it's what you do".

This is what worries me:

"It is the perfect opportunity for this franchise to either stay in its rut or to make a declaration and do what it has not been doing for a long time: Takin’ care of business."

Every time we need a win like this we **** the bed. This goes back beyond 2008. If the whole AFC East loses, we lose that day. If we only need to beat New Haven State to get into the playoffs, we choke. If we have a chance to move a full game up in the standings at a crucial time in the season - we blow it. Whether the opponent is the Bills or the Buffalo Sabres Sunday we will likely lay an egg. There should be a GEICO commercial, "it's what you do".

Exactly what I was referring to when I said there is a lot riding on this one.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

WAT? :bobdole:

Different on so many levels. We were in NE, they have significantly better coaching. They had Blount and they had a much better receiving corps than Buffalo. Arguably a better D, too.

If you haven't noticed Rex Ryan pretty much has Miami's number and Buffalo's D is much better than New England's. Blount is not as good as the entire running game of Buffalo either who leads the league in rushing and average yards per carry. When they have a guy like Gillislee run for 17 carries and 117 yards I'd have to say they have a strong running game even without McCoy.

Dolphins are 16-32 after a win since 2009. 17-26 in divisional games since 2009.

Proof is in the pudding and we'll see what happens on Sunday but until this team shows it can win games in the division I'm not getting my hopes up. Not to mention back-to-back games which happens only 33% of the time since 2009.

Who gives a rats ass about stats. Different teams match up differently with different teams. Coaches coat differently against different coaches. etc etc etc etc etc
Let's just see what happens and not put any stock into stats after only 6 games.

This is the first real test for the Bills outside the Cardinals game, it will be telling for both teams

This is why we don't boost teams to high to early or crapo on teams too early.

The schedule has a lot to say.

Bills had a pretty easy start to their season unlike Miami

2 home games in the first 3

playing crap teams like the Rams, 49ers, Jets(eventhough they lost to them) and Arizona has looked bad this year has really helped them
they were extremely fortunate to go up against NE when they did (they had it much easier than we did)

but things are gonna change for them they are gonna hit the same slide that we already did.

after Miami
they have....
New England
@Seattle
@Cincy

Jax(not so bad)
but then
@OAK
Pit

that early stretch will really show if they are for real, or just an average team beating up on crappy teams.

This one is easy. I feel like I'm having ing a deja vu because the answer is win along our OL and we win the game. Lose along the OL and we will lose the game.

When the OL opens run lanes like they did vs. Pittsburgh, we have a solid run game. When the OL protects Tannehill, which we have seen intermittently this season, he is a good QB.

But our division has monster DL. Big and talented. These are the game we need our OL. It makes or breaks our season every year.

If our OL can win, we will win. But if we let that immensely talented Buffalo DL dominate the line of scrimmage, it will not matter what our defense does.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm very disappointed to see that this thread was not a break down of WildBill...

Block on offense and tackle on defense. The rest will take care of itself. We're really going to miss Reshad in this one though. Planning to shut down the run game and actually doing it are two different things. At least it's a home game.

I am more worried about our offense. I know we lost Reshard but the defense showed last game they can compete against a very good offense. This team has jet to show they can compete against a good defense. Steeler D is bottom of the league on generating pressure to the QB, they are BAD against the pass and their DL is banged. That is not the case on Buffalo, they are very good at stopping the run and generating pressure to the QB. I fear Tanny transforms into his robotic mode with DL close to him. This game will tell us all we need to know about the status of our offensive line and Tannehill.

If you haven't noticed Rex Ryan pretty much has Miami's number and Buffalo's D is much better than New England's. Blount is not as good as the entire running game of Buffalo either who leads the league in rushing and average yards per carry. When they have a guy like Gillislee run for 17 carries and 117 yards I'd have to say they have a strong running game even without McCoy.

Dolphins are 16-32 after a win since 2009. 17-26 in divisional games since 2009.

Proof is in the pudding and we'll see what happens on Sunday but until this team shows it can win games in the division I'm not getting my hopes up. Not to mention back-to-back games which happens only 33% of the time since 2009.

The same Gillislee that ran for 28 yards on 24 attempts last year vs the Jets? Granted, it was the Jets, but that is one of the most historically bad performances in the history of the NFL. He was cut for a reason. With that being said, he still should run somewhat effectively against our putrid D, but will it win them the game? Debatable.

The same Gillislee that ran for 28 yards on 24 attempts last year vs the Jets? Granted, it was the Jets, but that is one of the most historically bad performances in the history of the NFL. He was cut for a reason. With that being said, he still should run somewhat effectively against our putrid D, but will it win them the game? Debatable.

That wasn't an endorsement for Gillislee...it was for the Bills O-line.

According to PFF, we have the #7 slot receiver going against the #7 slot corner this week. Landry vs Nickell Robey (was there EVER a better name for a nickle corner?).

Slow or stop Landry and it will hurt our passing game big time. We will need someone else to step up like last week when it was are #3 TE. Parker? Stills? Are they still around? Hope that run game is working!

He may still have our number, but there have been fatal flaws within the OL both of the games last year. I have no concern about Pouncey, Tunsil, and Albert. I am not sure about Bushrod and James. The defensive front seven for the Bills may push us around again, but it is not a given like previous years.

Back
Top Bottom