Just listened to the Bill Parcells show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just listened to the Bill Parcells show

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
on the Sporting News website. I sure like his commentary about football. To me, he's a guy who knows what he's talking about, unlike a few others I could mention, but won't. Anyway, Parcells likes Miami in this game, but thinks that KC has the better offense of the two. Parcells feels that Miami's weakness is the passing game, thus we won't be exploiting KC's weakness, the secondary. He goes on to say that Miami is a more balanced team and gives us the edge. However, if we don't hold up well against KC's underated O-line then we may be in for a long day.

I think it is interesting for him to say our passing game is suspect, but I really can't argue that point. Although I like Jay, and his rating is 3rd best right now, I think he can do better. Sure one can say McMichael this and McMichael that, but against the Jets, Jay wasn't sharp as I have seen him. Also, the O-line needs to do a little better in passpro and yes, the receivers need to catch the ball better, Gadsden this means you!!! Sure make the fancy catch and drop the easy ones [lol].

I think in a game like this, a dropped pass here and there will come back to haunt us so it's important for our guys to stay focused and get the job done!

Go Miami!!!

When considering Jay's performance in the Jets game you have to remember that the index finger on his throwing hand was pretty jacked up. Of all the fingers (besides the thumb) on the throwing hand, your index finger is the most important because it's the last one to touch the ball as it's leaving the QB's hand. Even with that ailment however, he still put up a decent showing and got the job done. If he's feeling well then I have no doubt that he's going to do a very good job against a horrible Chefs secondary.

that's his opinion...this miami offense reminds me of dallas' offense of the early 90's.
stud RB=emmitt, RW
playmaking WR =michael irvin, "torcher" chambers
solid TE=novacek, mcmichael
o-line that plows(never thought i'd say that)
good blocking and rec TE=moose, konrad
good complementary WR=harper,oronde
mistake free QB=aikman, jay(before you jay haters rip me, know this. since last years jet debacle in week 7, fiedler has thrown 5 picks. that's 14 games folks)

Exactly MVP,

And before you doubters come back with, well this one shoulda been picked and that one shoulda been picked... Like someone else pointed out, every QB throws "shoudla been picked"s...

Also, it takes 2 people to complete a pass, the QB and the reciever and Jay's numbers would be more impressive if not for the half dozen or so drops this year.

If you count dropped ints AS ints.....then you have to count dropped passes as completions.

I hate it when people count potential ints as ints. They aren't interceptions, and dropped passes are not completions.

feebler...................

and the blind homerism continues...........................

in the last couple recent jay threads this is what i have gotten from the homers:

jay has a sore finger, thats why he looked subpar in the jets game.

those damn wr's are letting jay down. there dropping balls all over the place. [oronde dropped 1 in the jet game]

last year, it was lamar smiths fault.

chans lame offense caused all those jay int's and bad deep throws.

int's dropped by db's don't reflect bad on jay. it's only a bad decision with the ball if the passes are caught.

the wr's are not getting any seperation [case in point, oronde being 20yds open in the jet and colt and detroit game, chambers being 30 yds deep all by himself, 2x in the jet game and jay horribly over throwing him].

jay hitting the safer underneath guys instead of the wide open, sure to score deep play is heads up stuff.

bill parcells doesnt have a clue about the game of football. how dare he question the abilities of the great jay feidler!!

jay can pull the big play out when ever he needs to. he just hasn't needed to.

AND MY VERY FAVORITE HOMER QUOTE:

if you don't like jay feidler, your not a true dolphins fan!!

oliver

Fins rule...Jay da shiznit, Mcmichael da shiznit, Chambers da shiznit, and Ricky is da shiznit!!!!

JAY BASHER!! YES PLEASE!

I am/was a JAY basher but you can't argue with the way he has played!!! MISTAKE FREE!!!! Let's give the guy his PROPS, he deserves it right now but I think we all should knock on some wood!!!

For those of you who didn't see the sb years of miami..the phins look just like those teams...balance O with good D...Wr's didn't make a lot of catches, but they made clutch catches..the team move the ball on the ground and pass to keep the D earnest.

Homer?

... let me guess you prob think you are a realist?

Oliver...

Originally posted by clayton83
and the blind homerism continues...........................

in the last couple recent jay threads this is what i have gotten from the homers:

jay has a sore finger, thats why he looked subpar in the jets game.

those damn wr's are letting jay down. there dropping balls all over the place. [oronde dropped 1 in the jet game]

last year, it was lamar smiths fault.

chans lame offense caused all those jay int's and bad deep throws.

int's dropped by db's don't reflect bad on jay. it's only a bad decision with the ball if the passes are caught.

the wr's are not getting any seperation [case in point, oronde being 20yds open in the jet and colt and detroit game, chambers being 30 yds deep all by himself, 2x in the jet game and jay horribly over throwing him].

jay hitting the safer underneath guys instead of the wide open, sure to score deep play is heads up stuff.

bill parcells doesnt have a clue about the game of football. how dare he question the abilities of the great jay feidler!!

jay can pull the big play out when ever he needs to. he just hasn't needed to.

AND MY VERY FAVORITE HOMER QUOTE:

if you don't like jay feidler, your not a true dolphins fan!!

oliver

Jay didn't play poorly in the Jets game. He over threw a lot of receivers on purpose. I saw him clearly overthrow Chambers, and McMichael both in that game.

Now I know he has missed some deep passes, but the thing that stands out to me is Jay is not afraid to toss the ball well over everyones head when nothing is developing.

He isn't trying to force the ball into coverage, and that is helping us win games.

I am kind of hoping that if Jay's finger isn't 100%, that Lucas gets the nod this week. I saw nothing out of Ray that dissapointed me in the pre season, and I don't trust QB's with injured fingers. They always think they can play, and when guys like Kurt Warner, and Brett Favre stink up the field because of one digit...

Just listened to the Bill Parcells show
on the Sporting News website.

What he actually said was " Miami doesn't have an NFL passing game." If you go and listen its right near the end of the half hour show. Would be nice if Fiedler has another fourth quarter like he did last year in Buffalo so Paecells could stick his tongue where the sun don't shine. :p

Back
Top Bottom