Just re-watched last year's Denver game..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just re-watched last year's Denver game.....

Originally posted by aquaman
.. welcome ..now get out.

:lol:

Sorry jetsfan. I thought tht was funny. BTW, (OT) has Pennington met Spikes yet? :D

you like that huh? you dam bills fans are all over the place like a fungus.. but it brings color to the board.. you guys can stay.. jet fans well, i am sure you billies share the same sentiment (insert adjective here)

nyrican.. wow what a shock you appear to be just as bright as the typical nyrican jet fan.. welcome ..now get out.

Hey justa.. i did right after I watched norwood miss that kick.. oh and before that the classic music city miracle.. ahhh what great memories.

:)

Justa ignore him, he is harmless. Their only trick is to turn every thread into a bills thread.

Back to the topic, I remember reading an article on ESPN after the game that called that the most brutal game of football, and one of the best, that they had ever witnessed.

The author actually projected that the game could hurt both team's prospects for the rest of the season. This was before the extent of the injuries were known.

I was in Paris on business and had to watch it in the very early morning at a hotel that carried the game. Probably the most memorable game of last year.

You're right.....we won the game, but lost Fiedler, Chambers, and Gadsden in the process. That certainly impacted our season.

nyrican.. wow what a shock you appear to be just as bright as the typical nyrican jet fan.. welcome ..now get out.

don't get mad aquaman come up for air... it's the truth is it not..

as a jets fan I loved that outcome... one more time it's up and

it is goooooooooooooooooooood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My problem with that Kennedy hit on Chambers is that Kennedy didn't hit him with the crown of his helmet. Coaches always teach defenders to see what you hit. Meaning, hit with the helmet with your head up, not with the crown of the helmet. Spearing is supposed to be hitting with the crown of the helmet. That has always been the rule. But the league started calling it differently, without changing the rule. Going by the rules it was a clean hit. Kennedy had his helmet up. It wasn't a spearing. The way the league is calling it now is that when ever a WR is off the ground, he's labled defenseless, but there is no rule for this, they just started calling it like that. So the WR is off limits to any type of helmet-to-helmet hit. If his feet are on the ground than it's fine to do a helmet-to-helmet hit. They need to do away with all of these rules to protect the WRs. The only rule there should be is no leading with the crown of the helmet. When a WR is in the air, and the DB has a split second to make the hit, he can't measure up where the contact is going to be. The hit in question is a perfect example. Kennedy's helmet is moving on an even plain. When he launched for the hit his helmet was even with Chambers' chest. But when the two came together it was helmet-to-helmet because Chambers head was pushed down. How could Kennedy have avoided it? These rules are made so games will be higher scoring. That's why they have made more defensive rules than offensive rules over the years. Decon Jones said it best when Tim Brown said to him that people don't want to watch a low scoring game. Decon said (not word for word) "People don't come out to see you only...they also come out to see defensive players put you guys in the hospital."

What a "fun to watch" game that was. :jawdrop: I was watching it on the big screen at my brother-in-law's house. When Mare kicked the winning field goal I jumped so high, that I sprained my knee when I landed.:goof: I tore it up really bad my freshman year, missed the rest of the season. :cry:

I was there. Rubbing it in the Broncos fans faces. I had the whole section just livid with my celebration after the kick. They had earlier all cheered the Chambers hit. And then kept cheering as he lay there motionless (real classy folks). Even after they showed that it was clearly a cheapshot...AAHHHH!!! What a great victory... At the same time we suffered 3 losses that game with the 1 win...Still, gotta put that right up there with the all-time great Phin wins...

The Bill's will be our only competition this year,the Jet's will lose both games to the FIN'S,and let there be no doubt!!

Originally posted by justafan

That was too far for me to remember. I like that Pats-fins game better. It's still fresh and more recent.

So you admit to having a short attention span? I would have never guess.

DIRTY HIT

Here we see Kennedy, seeing what he's hitting. :rolleyes:
clear.gif

And here we see him not leading with his helmet.
clear.gif
Just as he's leaving his feet.

Another look, but closer
clear.gif
Surely he wasn't aiming high.

Here's Kennedy not hitting with the crown again.
clear.gif
Perfect form tackle. Can't teach that.

And here are two bad apples in an otherwise good section. Classy.
clear.gif

And if you need more proof that it was a dirty shot, Go Here.

Back
Top Bottom