Just re-watched last year's Denver game..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just re-watched last year's Denver game.....

Originally posted by Jason in LA
My problem with that Kennedy hit on Chambers is that Kennedy didn't hit him with the crown of his helmet. Coaches always teach defenders to see what you hit. Meaning, hit with the helmet with your head up, not with the crown of the helmet. Spearing is supposed to be hitting with the crown of the helmet. That has always been the rule. But the league started calling it differently, without changing the rule. Going by the rules it was a clean hit. Kennedy had his helmet up. It wasn't a spearing. The way the league is calling it now is that when ever a WR is off the ground, he's labled defenseless, but there is no rule for this, they just started calling it like that. So the WR is off limits to any type of helmet-to-helmet hit. If his feet are on the ground than it's fine to do a helmet-to-helmet hit. They need to do away with all of these rules to protect the WRs. The only rule there should be is no leading with the crown of the helmet. When a WR is in the air, and the DB has a split second to make the hit, he can't measure up where the contact is going to be. The hit in question is a perfect example. Kennedy's helmet is moving on an even plain. When he launched for the hit his helmet was even with Chambers' chest. But when the two came together it was helmet-to-helmet because Chambers head was pushed down. How could Kennedy have avoided it? These rules are made so games will be higher scoring. That's why they have made more defensive rules than offensive rules over the years. Decon Jones said it best when Tim Brown said to him that people don't want to watch a low scoring game. Decon said (not word for word) "People don't come out to see you only...they also come out to see defensive players put you guys in the hospital."

Kennedy was known for being a dirty player, he made his bed, so he can lay in it too. It was a dirty hit, his helmet hit first, nit any other part of his body. How can you argue that??

hey muck those are some darn goode pics, where did u happen to find em?

Thanks. They're captures I snapped from the game.

I just checked out the video from Muck's link. All Muck showed you guys was the impact. Check out the video. Kennedy's helmet stays on the same plain. It doesn't really go up or down. Straight across. Look at where his helmet is compared to where Chambers' body is a step before the hit. This is when Kennedy is lining the hit up. Kennedy's helmet is lined up with Chambers' waist. Also notice Denard Walker's hand on Chambers' helmet, pushing it down. Are you guys saying that Kennedy could have changed his launch in that split second? I don't think so. Kennedy's helmet didn't go into Chambers', they both met as Chambers' helmet went downwards.

Would you guys say all the great safeties of all time are a bunch of cheap shotters? Did Ronnie Lott have nothing but cheat shot hits? I don't think so. The change of rules are making these DBs' hits look like cheap shots. A couple of years ago that wouldn't have been a cheap shot at all.

Originally posted by justafan

Speaking about comebacks, did you guys re-watch the last Pats-fins game last year? :D

Originally posted by nyrican

I did and I loved it.... it's up and it's GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

justafan, nyrican.

This is not the smack forum. If you want to talk smack... that's where you need to go. Keep it out of the main forum. All fans are welcome here, if they're contributing something to the thread, however....

justafan.. the only possible reason you could have posted that was to start crap in the main forum. I've told you before. Knock it Off. Next time, I'll just limit your access to smack, and not bother trying to ask you again.

nyrican, you want to add fuel to justafan's fire? There is a place for that, and this is not it. I don't want to have to remind you again either.

Everyone clear on this?

Good.

Re: DIRTY HIT

Originally posted by Muck
Here we see Kennedy, seeing what he's hitting. :rolleyes:
clear.gif

And here we see him not leading with his helmet.
clear.gif
Just as he's leaving his feet.

Another look, but closer
clear.gif
Surely he wasn't aiming high.

Here's Kennedy not hitting with the crown again.
clear.gif
Perfect form tackle. Can't teach that.

And here are two bad apples in an otherwise good section. Classy.
clear.gif

And if you need more proof that it was a dirty shot, Go Here.

HEY MUCK,

At the end of the presentation you should say....

BACK, AND TO THE RIGHT....

I just don't understand how anyone can say that wasn't a dirty hit. He lead with his helmet, plain and simple, and you can't do that. I agree that he wasn't trying for a helmet-to-helmet hit, and Chambers' helmet did get pushed down. But the bottom line is he was leading with his helmet. If this were ruled a clean hit, then you would see a lot more players hitting like this, because the replay shows that Chambers had the ball in his possession until he got rocked. A lot more hits like this = a lot more concussions. Would that be a good thing for football? I don't think so. I see plenty of players in the NFL fully capable of tackling with their heads up, seeing what they are hitting.

Well, just out of curiosity, why does it matter? I don't think it was the cleanest of hits, but c'mon.. these are big guys with a whole lot of adrenaline waiting to be set loose. They often make bad split second decisions.. it doesn't always make them nasty or cheap shot artists, because they make a bad hit. Kennedy is *not* a cheap shot artist, I do know that. I DID think he made a bad decision. But it is over.. why is it still brought up? Let it go.. :D

And Griese is well.. um.. Griese. He is excellent at passes from say.. 2 to 5 yards out. :lol:

He led the league in shortest pass average. He often hits the first guy open he sees, even if he is just across the line. I don't know if this is because he isn't a play maker, and just wants a completion, or if it is something else, but it is REALLY annoying. I dunno how many times I almost tore my hair out because of this sort of play.

His long passes for awhile there were getting intercepted. So suddenly.. I guess to prevent this... he started throwing them longer. To long. He overthrew the ball on long passes almost every time. The only guy that could get under it is Lelie, our speediest receiver. But he was a rookie last year and dropped a few that were right in his hands. =(

Anyways, I think you guys would be better off with Brian in a backup role to Jay. He makes a good backup, imo. He *can* be very accurate.. if he has great protection. It is when the protection breaks when he falls apart.

Good luck anyways, with whomever you end up using. I say they pick one guy.. and stick with him.

BroncoFox

"He led the league in shortest pass average. He often hits the first guy open he sees, even if he is just across the line."

Isn't this the type of play that got Rich Gannon the MVP trophy and a trip to a losing superbowl last year ?

Or was it the type of play that got Trent Dilfer a superbowl ring ?

Or was it the type of play that got Brad Johnson a superbowl ring ?

Then again it could be that most teams do not throw the deep ball like Elway and Marino used too....

OH, there is Drew Bledsoe..But then again he lost his job to a guy who throws to the first guy open he sees...lol...

not only that, but if 7-8 yard passes are there all day, take em. Look at the Miami game from last year the short passes were there all night long and he took'em. All the receivers downfield were covered by our secondary and the underneath throws and short range passes, along with some screens were there all dang night!! At least he isn't forcing stuff ALL the time. Jay Fiedler is still the man though!! :)

Originally posted by justafan

That was too far for me to remember. I like that Pats-fins game better. It's still fresh and more recent.

How about the great Bills coming back against the Pats last season. Oh wait a minute the Bills were never in either game.

This whoile Denver sits with me so wrong. The problem with the hit is this.
The Denver faithful celebrate it as a good hit. They caqll Chambers a pu$*y because he got knocked out and injured. We lost a star player for several games.
Then Shanahan comes out and defends the hit.

The whole thing showed a lack of respect for the game by Shanahan and the Denver fans. The RIGHT thing to do would be to come out and say, "hey the guy made a mistake. he is sorry, we wish Chambers well" but nope. They showed no class. It disgusts me.

The Broncos are the biggest pieces of crap on my list since that game. We loose to the Jets and Bills, but they are clean games that are well played. We respect each other.

Denver crossed the line.

Hey JustA Fan, why don't you rent a motorcycle and drive it into an Oak Tree. Did you rewatch the FOUR Superbowls that your pile of crap team embarresed themselves in? You're a no talent *** clown.

Originally posted by Jason in LA
Griese does hit a good amount of his throws. He has a high completion percentage. But that is misleading. The guy rarely attacks down field. Watch the game again and take note how many times he throws the ball past 10 yards. Count the times that he throws short of the first down.

The Broncos made a lot of mistakes that game. Portis fumbled at the one yard line. There was a holding penality that took the field goal off the board at the end of the half. It may be unfair to Griese, but his mistakes seem to stand out the most about that game. One of his picks was pretty much all his fault. The one where he was scrambling, than tried to force the ball into MacCaffrey, who had two defenders standing infront of him. I don't see how Griese didn't think that pass wasn't going to get picked. The other pick was a good read by the CB. He jumped the slant and picked it. But at the same time, it was easy to see the slant coming. Griese throws that way too much.

I like Fiedler's fire a lot more. He doesn't throw a pretty pass like Griese, but he can make plays when they are needed.

Take a look at the Al Wilson hit on Williams. Let us know where he hit him. Like I've said here before, it was helmet to chest.

I havent watched enough of griese to say one way or another, but a weird thing about you saying he throws under alot.....seems like I'm always seeing Rod Smith & Co. catch a bomb for a TD on ESPN! He does seem like more of a underneath passer though.

Back
Top Bottom