****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami's had a lot of disappointments in the last 20 years. I would have to see how it plays out before I could say drafting Herbert was worse than all the other mistakes. What if you draft Herbert, he becomes a good NFL starting qb for a decade and do to what ever reason has an equal or better career than Tua? Would you still look back at it as a mistake? Not saying the Herbert is the better horse entering the starting gate, but we all know the race isn't always won by the post time favorite. IN fact it seems like more than 50 % of the time the favorite comes up short for one reason or another.
That's a lot like common sense.....

I would be ecstatic if we took Herbert! If we don't get Tua, then he HAS to be the guy. This Jordan Love talk needs to die now! As I've said before, million dollar arm, ten cent head! Threw almost as many INT's as TD's. But... but... but..... dat upside! He lost all his receivers! Excuses excuses. While we're at it, if we draft Love, perhaps we could bring in Jameis Winston to "mentor" him in the art of throwing picks.
All I hear are the "excuses" for Herbert that the offense he was in held him back. :lol:

All I hear are the "excuses" for Herbert that the offense he was in held him back. :lol:
right now all u talking about player in short pant..
When pad come on in july. We will see how good Herbert,Love,Burrow and eventually Tua is in nfl. Time will tell.

I don’t think Herbert needs any excuses for his play. He was very effective as the Oregon QB last season and he improved from his junior season. While he may not have the same accuracy as Tua, other than Brees no other QB in the NFL has the accuracy of Tua. I think the Dolphins stay at 5 and select Herbert as their long term QB.

I don't see it as excuses.

It may, or may not have been a factor. To discount the idea entirely would be a mistake.

I would agree though, that it shouldn't be the make or break reason.

The fact that both Justin Herbert and Jordan Love were both extensively scouted by Miami, over the last 2 years, suggest there is real interest in them. I know Tannenbaum has moved on, but apparently he's not the only one within the Dolphins Franchise to hold Herbert in very high regard. It is what it is, nothing we fans can do about it. We can't will the Dolphins into selecting the fan favorite. They'll pick whom ever they feel is best for the team. Miami may not get the chance to select Tua or Burrow? Leaving Herbert and Love for the big debate. I'm very uncomfortably prepared for the worst case scenario unfolding on draft night.

The fact that both Justin Herbert and Jordan Love were both extensively scouted by Miami, over the last 2 years, suggest there is real interest in them. I know Tannenbaum has moved on, but apparently he's not the only one within the Dolphins Franchise to hold Herbert in very high regard. It is what it is, nothing we fans can do about it. We can't will the Dolphins into selecting the fan favorite. They'll pick whom ever they feel is best for the team. Miami may not get the chance to select Tua or Burrow? Leaving Herbert and Love for the big debate. I'm very uncomfortably prepared for the worst case scenario unfolding on draft night.

Very well said, we know Tbaum loved and still loves Herbert. Stories of Miami scouting Love as a sophomore which is crazy since he wasn't draft eligible. Cannot discount these FACTS moving forward. So while I am delusionaly still trying to will Miami to take who I like, I am still prepared for another player and whomever it is I will support.

Very well said, we know Tbaum loved and still loves Herbert. Stories of Miami scouting Love as a sophomore which is crazy since he wasn't draft eligible. Cannot discount these FACTS moving forward. So while I am delusionaly still trying to will Miami to take who I like, I am still prepared for another player and whomever it is I will support.
It's very rare and unusual for a team to scout a non draft eligible player, like Miami did with Jordan Love. That alone shows the depth of the Franchises scouting prowess and forward thinking. Like you, I'll support whomever they eventually draft. They have lots of holes to fill, so I'm not too sure they are thinking about trading up, like most fans want. We'll all find out on draft night.

Not a huge Herbert fan, but I think it's pretty clear that Oregon's offense didn't prioritize maximizing his skillset/tools. You can see that much from watching his tape. I think that argument should die.

Yet Herbert's numbers still look pretty good, as opposed to Love's. You don't have to be good at math to see that 20/17 are crappy numbers.

Yet Herbert's numbers still look pretty good, as opposed to Love's. You don't have to be good at math to see that 20/17 are crappy numbers.
If you are going to judge and select college players only based on their numbers, you're not going to end up with too good a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: A1.
No that wasn’t your tv malfunctioning ladies and gentleman.

That 4.7 blur at the combine was the most physically gifted quarterback in terms of arm and athleticism in 20 years.

Well would ya look at that....

jordan love matches Herberts 40 time. That arm ain’t lacking by much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom