****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbert seems to have a plan for the off season, he has been consistent and performed well. Burrow who will state he has a plan seems like its foggy at best, he has been all over the place with his comments ranging from ****y to humble, taking 3 months to throw in the off season all the while Herbert you know who has been consistent and laid out a detailed plan and are executing and talking exactly how they should with their individual plans. Herbert has tons of tools, more so than the other two primary Qbs of this draft and seems like a steady kid. After looking back at not only this staff but Gailey's ability to take nobodys and make them NFL QBs gives me confidence that if they get a talented guy he will develop, now what talented guy do they want?

burrow doesn’t have to do a damn thing for anybody. Herbert does to save his stock. That’s the difference.

burrow doesn’t have to do a damn thing for anybody. Herbert does to save his stock. That’s the difference.

Why doesnt Burrow have to do anything? Someone is about to invest $0 million dollars in him.

Why doesnt Burrow have to do anything? Someone is about to invest $0 million dollars in him.

bc he’s the guaranteed #1 overall pick. If he as much as lifts a finger he risks injiry and losing money

how did he earn it? His play in 2019.

bc he’s the guaranteed #1 overall pick. If he as much as lifts a finger he risks injiry and losing money

Absolutely correct.

He has nothing to gain, and a lot to lose.

I don't like it either, but it is the right way to go. I'm sure his agent told him as much.

Reactions: A1.

So his play in 2018 and before is completely ignored? His measurements and testing is ignored as well? Going simply off the one elite season he had (in 5 years of college) and riding the hype train while a very smart business decision as you have pointed out doesn't give me personally much confidence if I am staking everything on him. If he is happy to take on the challenge of the Bengals and that oddball franchise then why do workouts or testing seem to spook him and his camp? Hardball speculation by me? Of course it is but with something this important I want the person I am selecting to take on all comers.

Nothing raises any concerns or red flags with his approach to this process for you? If not; power to you man......but as a former scout always went with the phrase...You cant build bricks (projections) without clay (data).....and right now burrow isnt providing much new clay to build with. And that "greatest season ever" is fading into the night and about to enter who cares what can you do for me now territory (my opinion of course).

Absolutely correct.

He has nothing to gain, and a lot to lose.

I don't like it either, but it is the right way to go. I'm sure his agent told him as much.

He has a ton to lose, if he has to try to display that mediocre arm of his...it won't be Fromm bad, but it is not a lot better.

He has a ton to lose, if he has to try to display that mediocre arm of his...it won't be Fromm bad, but it is not a lot better.
I know he had a great year, but TBH, if I were in charge of a team, I wouldn't take him #1 overall.

Im sure many disagree, but that's fine. Mariota was a high pick too, and I felt the same about him.

I know he had a great year, but TBH, if I were in charge of a team, I wouldn't take him #1 overall.

Im sure many disagree, but that's fine. Mariota was a high pick too, and I felt the same about him.

I respect you well thought out response and opinion on the matter, and agree it is an extremely smart business decision and think some franchise likely the Bengals will be underwhelmed once he shows up.

I respect you as a poster but you have your head shoved so far up Tua’s *** it’s scary and I am a huge Tua fan. None of us know who will pan out but if you think Tanny was a better prospect than Herbert than I don’t know what to say. I am not a fan of Allen, he is a head case but he leads what may be the best team in the division right now and some of that IS because of him.
I enjoy scouting players

Tua is as cant miss a QB prospect as I have had ever had the pleasure to watch

I am not afraid to say it and yes I would stay clear of all other QBs in this draft - build the team

I don’t see anyone better than Fitz so my bother with Rosen in the stable??

So his play in 2018 and before is completely ignored? His measurements and testing is ignored as well? Going simply off the one elite season he had (in 5 years of college) and riding the hype train while a very smart business decision as you have pointed out doesn't give me personally much confidence if I am staking everything on him. If he is happy to take on the challenge of the Bengals and that oddball franchise then why do workouts or testing seem to spook him and his camp? Hardball speculation by me? Of course it is but with something this important I want the person I am selecting to take on all comers.

Nothing raises any concerns or red flags with his approach to this process for you? If not; power to you man......but as a former scout always went with the phrase...You cant build bricks (projections) without clay (data).....and right now burrow isnt providing much new clay to build with. And that "greatest season ever" is fading into the night and about to enter who cares what can you do for me now territory (my opinion of course).

sell you on my strengths, make you pay to see my weaknesses.

anybody who gives this kid advice to try and show anybody anything is offering a major dis service to him. He’s the locked in #1 pick and he doesn’t have to do as much as a sit up to hold that stock. Anything he do will be critiqued and only hurts his chances of going #1 overall.

now if your talking about a teams perspective, you want to see more of him to be sold on him, well that’s too bad. Bc he’s not showing anyone anything bc the last 6 months he put on a record breaking clinic against the best competition in the country.

the team that holds the #1 overall is sold. So he has nothing to prove to the other 31 teams.

now if you wanna diagnose his supposed “noodle arm” your gonna have to wait till training camp.

his arm is beyond over criticized anyways.

he has a limited arm, but so does half the league. He’ll be just fine.

I enjoy scouting players

Tua is as cant miss a QB prospect as I have had ever had the pleasure to watch

I am not afraid to say it and yes I would stay clear of all other QBs in this draft - build the team

I don’t see anyone better than Fitz so my bother with Rosen in the stable??

I apologize I thought I replied to you earlier. We are all good my man, I am a Tua Cultist myself, lol

am I missing something? Herbert was supposed to be the top QB in the 2019 draft, then decided to stay. Why is he suddenly not as good anymore? I would be happy with him. Give him a good OL, learn for a year under Fitz, and he should be a fine QB.

Matt Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom