****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure everyone knew Herbert and Love (and Hurts) would look excellent in the combine drills, it was what the Dolphins have hoped for as well. They want those guys to look great, to make it seem like there is not much of a drop off from the top 2. The arrogance of coaches will have them believe that they can fix the minor issues that those QBs have because those tools are so much fun.

SO hopefully, the expected excellent performance is just what the Dr. ordered to allow Tua to fall a wee bit closer to 5...we want teams in that 6-15 range to think of that combine performance and they can wait for their QB.

I did not expect Hurts to throw that well other than that nothing really surprised me.

Fair enough and he was beat out by a Heisman winner but the rest stands. He was a reach when we took him and does not have Herberts pedigree.

Tannehill played behind Jerrod Johnson for two years. Johnson had a couple of pretty good seasons and at one point was considered a decent NFL prospect. He did get drafted, but was quickly out of the league and was never more than a third string type qb. Tannhill took over and after he left the job was won by Johnny Manziel. I thiink most boards had Tannehill as a 1st rounder, he did go a bit higher than expected. He was likely one of those cases of being next qb on the board so a team overdrafts them.

Last edited:
I did not expect Hurts to throw that well other than that nothing really surprised me.
It's easy with no mental processing going on. I'd expect any QB to throw well at the combine. Surely doesnt move them on my draft board

I'm becoming increasingly confident that Jordan Love should be the third QB taken in this draft.

am I missing something? Herbert was supposed to be the top QB in the 2019 draft, then decided to stay. Why is he suddenly not as good anymore? I would be happy with him. Give him a good OL, learn for a year under Fitz, and he should be a fine QB.
His name is not spelled T U A. If Marino found the fountain of youth and was planning a comeback, a contingent of fans on FH would bash him to justify "Get Tua or why bother participating in the draft"...

Tannehill is better is that what you mean to say??

I respect you as a poster but you have your head shoved so far up Tua’s ass it’s scary and I am a huge Tua fan. None of us know who will pan out but if you think Tanny was a better prospect than Herbert than I don’t know what to say. I am not a fan of Allen, he is a head case but he leads what may be the best team in the division right now and some of that IS because of him.

Tannehill played behind Jerrod Johnson for two years. Johnson had a couple of pretty good seasons and at one point was considered a decent NFL prospect. He did get drafted, but was quickly out of the league and was never more than a third string type qb. Tannhill took over and after he left the job was won by Johnny Manziel. I thiink most boards had Tannehill as a 1st rounder, he did go a bit higher than expected. He was likely one of those cases of being next qb on the board so a team overdrafts them.

Thank you for the correction.

You shouldn’t be sold on a quarterback from combine workouts or highlights on YouTube. You have to actually watch some games and see how they play under pressure in game throwing into tight windows. I really wanted to like Herbert but I watched 6 of his games this year and every single game I left a little disappointed. He has a lot of good traits and could develop into a good QB, but all of his negatives (decision making, Accuracy under pressure, getting through multiple reads) are camouflaged in a combine like workout.
Sure but he beat the competition at the combine so he is the most likely to be great at real nfl games . coaching is crucial.

I respect you as a poster but you have your head shoved so far up Tua’s *** it’s scary and I am a huge Tua fan. None of us know who will pan out but if you think Tanny was a better prospect than Herbert than I don’t know what to say. I am not a fan of Allen, he is a head case but he leads what may be the best team in the division right now and some of that IS because of him.
Allen is a running back with a cannon

And

Tannehill today is what I am referring to Tannehill yesteryear would have been bypassed by Mr Metrics - still doesnt mean Herbert isn’t a one read QB

And I cannot mention you know who on this thread because he has his own kick axe thread and deservedly so

And he who is not to be named On this thread deserves all the love he gets -

Sure but he beat the competition at the combine so he is the most likely to be great at real nfl games . coaching is crucial.

No that’s not true at all, Guys with big arms typically shine in combine type workouts. For example if you put Josh Allen and Drew Brees through a combine style workout Allen would look like the superior QB. But there isnt one person on the planet who thinks Josh Allen is a better quarterback than Brees. There is so much more that goes into being an NFL QB than just arm talent

Allen is a running back with a cannon

And

Tannehill today is what I am referring to Tannehill yesteryear would have been bypassed by Mr Metrics - still doesnt mean Herbert isn’t a one read QB

And I cannot mention you know who on this thread because he has his own kick axe thread and deservedly so

And he who is not to be named On this thread deserves all the love he gets -

You are alright in my book brother. I still say we get Tua and it looks like we have the same name, Kevin, so there is that, lol.

You are alright in my book brother. I still say we get Tua and it looks like we have the same name, Kevin, so there is that, lol.

If that happens...please god let him be far more durable than he was in college...or we will never win anything with him!

Herbert seems to have a plan for the off season, he has been consistent and performed well. Burrow who will state he has a plan seems like its foggy at best, he has been all over the place with his comments ranging from ****y to humble, taking 3 months to throw in the off season all the while Herbert you know who has been consistent and laid out a detailed plan and are executing and talking exactly how they should with their individual plans. Herbert has tons of tools, more so than the other two primary Qbs of this draft and seems like a steady kid. After looking back at not only this staff but Gailey's ability to take nobodys and make them NFL QBs gives me confidence that if they get a talented guy he will develop, now what talented guy do they want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom