****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the Rose Bowl and the Senior Bowl?

I agree he was not exactly great this year, but if you look at stats....
32 TDs/6 Ints 3471 yards 66.8% Completion percentage with a 156+ QB rating

He was that garbage this year, considering with those actually good stats, he also helped take his team to the Rose Bowl, and them pretty much win it with one of his best games of the year.

He may not be the 1st or even 2nd option fot most in the draft, but you have to admit he is one of the most intriguing QB out there.
I’m not bashing him at all, I’m just saying you have to be objective when evaluating QBs. He’s definitely intriguing and has a lot of tools. His stats were great but again you can’t just go off stats. He threw a ton of screens and quick 1 read throws that generated a lot of his production. He’s definitely a good prospect

Armando Salguero seems pretty certain we’re drafting Herbert.

If you put a gun to my head and made me choose love or Herbert... I guess to be able not to die... I pick Herbert. Just because his decision making has not been as bad as love's.

I believe in Flores... but both of these guys need a lot of coaching. as in sit on the pine for at least one year, maybe two

I know mistakes happen but every single critic on tv is saying his decision making is awful. Throws balls he shouldn't and misses guys he should throw to.

I’m not bashing him at all, I’m just saying you have to be objective when evaluating QBs. He’s definitely intriguing and has a lot of tools. His stats were great but again you can’t just go off stats. He threw a ton of screens and quick 1 read throws that generated a lot of his production. He’s definitely a good prospect

Tom Brady lived off the screens....If He throws 30+ TDs w/ only 6 INTs, and iver 3500 yards in the NFL throwing just screens...I'll take it. Lol

I am really as open minded and objective in here when it comes to the QB position, as there is.

I would be obviously very happy with Burrow, Tua, or Herbert in a Miami uniform, but would also be happy with Love, Eason, Hurts, or Fromm if also taken later on.

am I missing something? Herbert was supposed to be the top QB in the 2019 draft, then decided to stay. Why is he suddenly not as good anymore? I would be happy with him. Give him a good OL, learn for a year under Fitz, and he should be a fine QB.

Kam

I do not want Love or Herbert... This was not me saying Herbert was better or the answer at all.

Draft Hurts and Gordon.

Trust Flores to coach them up
Yeah, but your alternative makes less than zero sense.

am I missing something? Herbert was supposed to be the top QB in the 2019 draft, then decided to stay. Why is he suddenly not as good anymore? I would be happy with him. Give him a good OL, learn for a year under Fitz, and he should be a fine QB.
Because in a league where having an "elite" QB means that you dominate the competition generally, Herbert didn't... again, after another year of training.

No on fromm even as a un drafted free agent....

Arm issues... I think he is a quality human being... struggles to make basic throws.

Yeah, but your alternative makes less than zero sense.

It makes perfect sense...

Take the sure thing corner... Take the sure thing linebacker... Take the sure thing pass rusher... and then take a pair of extremely talented QB's and let the coach that we trust to develop players work with them... Rosen Hurts Gordon... give him three or four quality prospects to work with.... And the chance of success is favourable.

We either believe in the system that is being put into place here or not.
We either believe in the coaches we have here now that they can develop talent or not.

It has been 20+ years since we have seen players be coached up....

I believe.

Take the sure thing corner... Take the sure thing linebacker... Take the sure thing pass rusher... and then take a pair of extremely talented QB's and let the coach that we trust to develop players work with them... Rosen Hurts Gordon... give him three or four quality prospects to work with.... And the chance of success is favourable.

We either believe in the coaches we have here now that they can develop talent or not.

I believe.

What makes any of those position players a "sure thing"?

I don't want to wade too deeply into, the pro/anti Hebert debate, but a couple things seem relevant to some of the recent posts:

1. If you watched a bunch of Oregon games, like a number of folks say they did, and came away saying he wasn't making plus throws and elevating his offense above what it would have/should have been, then I've got nothing for you; because we see the game of football very differently. Hebert was the most important player in Oregon's recovery from 4-7 disaster, to Rose Bowl victory. The defense improved and other guys stepped up as well, but with average quarterback play, Oregon was an 8-win team last year. Our offensive scheme was largely primitive....nearly all Oregon fans are delighted beyond measure by the departure of Marcus Arroyo and the arrival of Joe Moorhead.

2. Since the Rose Bowl keeps getting talked about, it's a great example of the offensive scheme issues I'm referring to above. As mentioned, he was 14-20 for 138 yards and an interception. I get why it's not impressive, but 2 of the 6 incompletions were drops (both drive stoppers) and one was a throw away, so now you're ripping a guy for missing on 3 of 20 throws, even though he also rushed for 3 TD's and his team won the game.

I'm not here to say I know definitively that Justin Herbert is going to be an elite NFL quarterback or even whether the Dolphins should pick him, but I will say that the guy some of you seem to be describing has very little in common with the guy I watched over the past four years.

I believe.
So you believe in the coaches to coach up the "sure thing" defensive players and the shitty QB prospects, but not the great QB prospects and lower quality defensive players?

Again, how does that make any sense?

If you are going to believe in the coaches to coach up whoever, then why not start at trying to prioritize the most important position in the sport?

Did they coach up Rosen at all...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom