****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is always the hardest part of evaluating a player in any sports, physical tools will always shine in workouts. There is a saying in baseball that he is a 5pm hitter. Show up to BP and wonder why he isnt an all star, MVP type as he smoothly wacks the ball into the upper deck.

I think most would have assumed Herbert would kill workouts like this. What I think needs to be focused on is the fact he adjusted to a new system at the Senior Bowl that was a lot more pro style and did great for a limited time frame; while he looked clunky at times he improved over the week. Then comes to the combine and he works out with receivers who he never met and has to throw to them in drills, not knowing how clean they are on routes; how good their hands are where they like to receive the ball etc etc. So I give him lots of credit with that.

Arrogance is a huge thing in sports so many people believe their style or system can fix a guys flaws. If they make a decision because they believe in him as the best guy for the team and bring him in and support him vs he is the guy with the highest ceiling and we can fix the flaws to get him there; then he will have more success. He doesnt seem like he is scared of the challenges ahead of him.

I have him as QB2 now behind Tua and ahead of Burrow, if he goes to a situation that will put him in a place to succeed and let him hold a clipboard and work on the elements he has very little experience with, pre snap reads, progressions, snaps from under center etc... then his tools will develop nicely and he will see success in the NFL.

Last edited:
whatever the team leaks out there only means they're really thinking the opposite.
Or is it reverse psychology?

Or is it wishful thinking, according to agenda?

Or is it all just completely media driven?

Or is it just overblown?

I know one thing. I hope we aren't making decisions based on fears of what another organization might do, because of media leaks.

14/20 138 yards 0TD 1INT 9 rushes for 29 yards and 3 TDs.

Easy pass.

So scoring 3 tds to one INT is bad...Why should it matter how he scored.

Did you also have a problem with his 32 TDs vs 6 INTs during the season?

His MVP 9/12 for 93 YRDs, 1TD/0 INTs also did not hurt his cause.

Am I saying he should be drafted before Burrow or a healthy Tua?...Nope.

Am I saying there is nothing wrong with how he plays the QB position?....No, he needs to be more vocal, and act more like a leader.

Am I saying he is close to a finished product?....Not even close, he will have a lot to learn and work on...Just like most Rookie QBs, but the the potential is there.

There are multiple sources out there saying that we have Love above Herbert so that gives me a little more faith in our team.
Kam

Love has major issues making reads and deciding where to throw the football.

Major
Issues

Kam

Love has major issues making reads and deciding where to throw the football.

Major
Issues
Athletic as all get out.

He has not shown he can beat a good defense. He has not shown he can make the right decision with the football under pressure.

So scoring 3 tds to one INT is bad...Why should it matter how he scored.

Did you also have a problem with his 32 TDs vs 6 INTs?

His MVP 9/12 for 93 YRDs, 1TD/0INTs also did not hurt his cause.

Am I saying he should be drafted before Burrow or a healthy Tua?...Nope.

Am I saying there is nothing wrong with howhe plays the QB position?....No, he needs to be more vocal, and act more like a leader.

Am I saying he is close to a finished product?....Not even close, he will have a lot to learn and work on...Like most Rookie QBs, the the potential is there.
You don't think that there's any difference with a QB running for a 5 yard TD rather than throwing one? Really?

YOU'RE the one that brought up the Rose Bowl as some example of his abilities, not me. Do you really think that throwing for 138 yards is impressive? So impressive that you had to list it as his one of his "best" games? Dude...

Want to know why Oregon won that game? Their defense. That's it. One of the TDs scored by Oregon was a fumble return for a TD.

Oregon's offense lead by the great Herbert though? 22 minutes of possession despite FOUR turnovers forced by the defense. 13 total first downs. 204 total yards.

Nothing about that is impressive in the least.

Athletic as all get out.

He has not shown he can beat a good defense. He has not shown he can make the right decision with the football under pressure.
Neither has Herbert, but I'd rather take a chance on Love figuring it out when Herbert hasn't figured it out in his entire 4 year collegiate career.

Neither has Herbert, but I'd rather take a chance on Love figuring it out when Herbert hasn't figured it out in his entire 4 year collegiate career.
Kam

I do not want Love or Herbert... This was not me saying Herbert was better or the answer at all.

Draft Hurts and Gordon.

Trust Flores to coach them up

All indications are that the Dolphins love Fitz's personality and his leadership. One of the big reasons the team did have success. IF that is the case, you can count out quiet dudes like Herbert and Hurts, great guys, but neither have that leadership personality. Tua and Burrow fit the bill perfectly.

Hurts is a fantastic leader...

He was the man at Bama... working his ass off and supporting Tua when he got benched. When Tua came in he stepped back into the lineup and won that college football playoff game for them.

No Drama
Just the perfect teammate.

Goes to Oklahoma and it is more of the same. Hurts is the hardest working mofo on the team... Players love him

Maybe hurts banged your mom and you have PTSD or something??? What exactly would hurts have to do in your opinion to be a leader?

Hurts is a fantastic leader...

He was the man at Bama... working his *** off and supporting Tua when he got benched. When Tua came in he stepped back into the lineup and won that college football playoff game for them.

No Drama
Just the perfect teammate.

Goes to Oklahoma and it is more of the same. Hurts is the hardest working mofo on the team... Players love him

Maybe hurts banged your mom and you have PTSD or something??? What exactly would hurts have to do in your opinion to be a leader?

Easy boss, I seemed to have triggered you. I said he was a great guy. just like Herbert, but that he was also a quiet guy. Herbert has also been called all those things as well...same with Ryan Tannehill.

Ryan Tannehill has become a fantastic leader in Tennessee... If you saw the fire he played with the way he was willing to take hits to gain yards... Nothing passive or uninspiring about him

I am far from triggered... I am perplexed though. The book on Hurts when he was at Bama before Tua happened was that he was more leg than arm... But a natural born leader... smart and could be trusted to run the offense.

So Hurts works his ass off for three years and now has an above average arm... He impressed everyone at the combine and opened eyes at Oklahoma running the air raid offense to perfection.

I am not expecting everyone to see his growth as a passer... But it is ridiculous for people not to see how in terms of leadership... There is no QB that exudes more of it than Hurts.

There are plenty of ways to be seen and heard also..

Living in the weight room... living in the film room... Reading playbooks like it was the bible... Your teammates see that.... They know who the first person to get there and the last to leave is.

And I will be consistent.

I trust Flores more than I have trusted any Dolphins coach in my life... I have been a fan for what 36-37 years?

So if is Herbert or Love... I believe that Flores will get the most out of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom