****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol thats ******* hilarious. tua was the #1 rated high school qb. well then, it's settled.

if you don't know why tua and burrow can't make that throw you shouldn't be commenting on it. now run along little tua fan boy.
Have you ever watched a single Alabama game in your life? Something tells me you haven't.

Aside from that, it's especially hilarious that this is your position given that there are a million Tua highlight videos on youtube showing that exact throw.

Carry on though~

I still see so many of the same traits in Herbert as I did in Tannehill. Sometimes he really looks the part, makes all the throws and has flashes of brilliance.... until the game matters most. In those moments, Herbert just like Tannehill, have a tendency to fall short.

I will say I believe Herbert is a miles better prospect than Tannehill was, but Tua had 10 Games in the last 2 years where he threw 4 Tds and 0 Ints. If both QBs stay healthy, Tua is the better prospect.

Tannehill was a very mediocre college QB who led a A&M team rated in the top 10 team before his senior season to to a 7-6 record. He was drafted strictly on potential, not because he had proven anything as a QB in college.
Herbert on the other hand led a mediocre Oregon offense to a Rose Bowl win in his senior season. I see absolutely no comparison between Tannehill and Herbert except that they are white QB’s. Herbert is the far better QB coming out of college compared to what Tannehill was coming out of college.

Nah. His stock has never dropped. His physical tools were always gonna do the talking.

that’s why I said it doesn’t matter what his tape looks like

Ehh the rose bowl was a microcosm of how limited that offense is. It’s largely qb for dummies.

teams and Miami included have to figure out is it qb limitation or offense and coaching one. It’s likely a combo of both way I see it.

but it won’t matter someone will buy in and sprint the card to the table.

It was more of a reference for the ****ty defenses and putting up good numbers...

Mahomes - Big 12
Wilson - ACC/then Big 10
Brady - Big 10
Brees - Big 10
Jackson - ACC
Watson - ACC
Rogers - Pac 12
Tannehill - Big 12 (at the time, now SEC)
Cousins - BIg 10
Stafford - SEC
Wentz - MVCF
Prescott - SEC
Ryan - ACC
Murray - Big 12
Garappalo - OVFC
Carr - Mountain West
Fitzpatrick - Ivy
Allen - Mountain West
Goff - Pac 12
Rivers - ACC
Winston ACC
Bridgewater - ACC
Jones - ACC
Mayfield - Big 12
Minshew - Pac 12
Darnold - Pac 12
Brissett - ACC
Haskins - Big 10
Lock - SEC
Dalton - Big 12
Trubisky - ACC
Flacco - Colonial

I think that is 32/33 NFL QBs that started this past season...

ACC - 9
Big 10 - 5
Big 12 - 4
Pac 12 - 4
SEC - 3
Other - 6
Iinteresting, thanks for taking the time.

I have pretty much watched every through he’s made. Herbert cannot throw the ball down field. I’d love to see a stat on his completion percentage When he throws the ball more than 10 yards. I can promise you it’s not good
Well, I guess we're going to find out in about two weeks...

What makes you say that? Literally nothing has changed with him other than a positive medical check up last week.
I think most NFL front offices are going to take that report with a huge grain of salt. Would you expect his doctors to say anything else? A bad report could cost him, litterally, millions.

Teams aren't going to trust anything, other than thier own medical evals.

I'm not saying they are lying, juat that no team is going to take thier word for it, considering the investment.

I think most NFL front offices are going to take that report with a huge grain of salt. Would you expect his doctors to say anything else? A bad report could cost him, litterally, millions.

Teams aren't going to trust anything, other than thier own medical evals.

I'm not saying they are lying, juat that no team is going to take thier word for it, considering the investment.

That’s not the point, though. The poster said he thinks NFL teams are souring on Tua and I asked why considering that the only change in Tua is that medical report. I suspect he has no reason and simply personally prefers a different QB, but figured I’d let him answer in case there’s something out there that I’m unaware of.

Can someone dig up the Pat White Finheaven highlight reel?

Have you ever watched a single Alabama game in your life? Something tells me you haven't.

Aside from that, it's especially hilarious that this is your position given that there are a million Tua highlight videos on youtube showing that exact throw.

Carry on though~
and theres still 2 months before the draft. this is gonna be fun.... sorry for the run along comment, its just the tua infatuation here gets to be too much at times.

That’s not the point, though. The poster said he thinks NFL teams are souring on Tua and I asked why considering that the only change in Tua is that medical report. I suspect he has no reason and simply personally prefers a different QB, but figured I’d let him answer in case there’s something out there that I’m unaware of.
Ahhh...

I would agree, that there has been no real reason for teams to "sour" on the guy. It is what it is, a talented guy, with a smallish frame, and a concerning injury history.

I think Herbert, after his Sr. Bowl showing, may get a closer look, and could really improve perceptions at the combine.

I'm not sure there is much Tua can do to change team's opinions either way, at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom