****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
they left out this throw and understandably. they're not pro scouts. it's this type of throw vs stanford - one that tua and burrow can't make - and hell half the starters in the nfl cant make that will get justin herbert drafted in the top 6.

1:50 mark. that's what elite arm talent looks like.

I believe rent this space was reffering to the pat white video

Every QB has bad plays too. I know some people here love Tua so much they think he's never thrown a bad pass in his life but he has and so has everyone else. The OP posted a video of a player he likes, no reason to dump on him for posting it. Nobody here will draft anybody anyway. It's all up to Grier.

I'll take him. It's Josh Allen which I'm fine with. Personally rather take BPA to include Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown but if they get Herbert and he sits behind Fitz for a year, that's cool. Do NOT trade up for Tua. We need too much help and have too many needs to give away assets.

I am greatly cooling to Tua....and now see QB1-Burrow ...QB2-Herbert....QB3-Tua(because of injuries)....QB4-Love.

i have a feeling there are a lot of nfl folk that feel the same way. gonna be some disappointed tua fans on draft day.

they left out this throw and understandably. they're not pro scouts. it's this type of throw vs stanford - one that tua and burrow can't make - and hell half the starters in the nfl cant make that will get justin herbert drafted in the top 6.

Huh? Burrow and Tua can't make that throw? Do you even know why Tua was the #1 rated HS QB in the country?

You're aware that ACTUAL scouting reports on Herbert state that his accuracy on throws to the sidelines leave a lot to be desired, yes? You guys are being suckered and it's funny to watch.

A lot of weak arguments in this thread. Yes, everyone has a highlight reel. That doesn’t discredit what the OP mentioned, regarding the content within that highlight reel.

JaMarcus Russell was pretty much unanimously regarded as the top QB in that draft. He had all the tools to succeed, except for work ethic.

Trent Dilfer had more success than any QB Miami has had since Marino.

The only one with somewhat of an argument is the Pat White video. But even then, when we drafted him, it was a head scratcher. The only reason he was drafted was because of the wildcat.

Justin Herbert is widely regarded as a top 10 pick, far from a head scratching choice at 5. Especially if the other 2 are gone

Seeing a lot here!

Pocket awareness, play-action passes, rolling out of the pocket and throwing accurately on the run, touch/feather passes, bullet quick throws, scrambling ability (runs well for a big guy), enthusiasm (running to WR to celebrate after big TD catch), even a good stiff arm on a QB run.

Just wondering, again, if this isn't who we should be looking at - especially considering the production with a team that wasn't the best coached or loaded with talent (like Alabama) at every position.

What do you think?

Thanks for the film... you're wasting your time trying to promote any QB other than Tua on this site … there is no objectivity … you'll get scorched for even mentioning the possibility ...

Herbert had pretty good stats especially dealing with 3 different HC's and different offensive schemes ... overcoming all of that without the help of world class receivers and a punishing OL .... but none of that matters to them

Tua is fragile and I hope the kid succeeds but he may break at this level IMO ... having said that IF we draft him I hope we have a solid plan B

Yea it was rather effortless. I think throws like that is where Burrow can get exposed a bit. Tua throws with so much anticipation and ball placement it makes up a good amount of the velocity difference between him and Herbert.

Huh? Burrow and Tua can't make that throw? Do you even know why Tua was the #1 rated HS QB in the country?

You're aware that ACTUAL scouting reports on Herbert state that his accuracy on throws to the sidelines leave a lot to be desired, yes? You guys are being suckered and it's funny to watch.
lol thats ******* hilarious. tua was the #1 rated high school qb. well then, it's settled.

if you don't know why tua and burrow can't make that throw you shouldn't be commenting on it. now run along little tua fan boy.

Trent Dilfer had a highlight reel.
Trent Dilfer was also the starting QB of a winning Super Bowl team. Which proves that having a top rated defense and an offensive which doesn’t turn the ball over is just as important as having a franchise type QB.

Herbert is right there with Tua and Burrow.... Anyone saying different is just parroting someone else's opinion while not knowing what they are talking about....

6'6 237 feels thin, he may be wiry but feel he needs to add some mass especially to his lower half. I am not world class athlete but when I was 23 and working out all the time and playing rec and adult leagues and stuff i was like 218 and im 5'11. He may not be an injury risk but his body doesnt look like he can make a run for the entire season without getting worn down.

That may or may not be true but based on the fact Tua couldn’t make it through 2 years at Alabama without suffering a knee injury and having three operations certainly shows that he is an injury risk
and very unlikely to make it through a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom