****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn’t that the same game where he stared down a receiver and threw it into the numbers of Ashton Davis? I’ve said it before he’s just a wheel of fortune player. One spin you get a trip to Tahiti and get a throw like that the next one a guy is wide open in the corner the end zone all he has to do is lead him and he throws it into the second row of the stands. He needs to sit behind a veteran who will teach him and be a good example for mechanics, study habits and work ethic.

sounds like something I would say. But I do think its something that can improve with the right staff. Do we have the right staff? I dont know.

I think Chan Gailey is a better teacher than people give them credit for it because it will simply look at his offensive rankings. But to produce winning seasons with guys like Jay Fiedler, Bryan Brohm, Mike Tomzack, Kordell Stewart, and then had a miserable year with Tyler Thigpen. But most of the successes come with Ryan Fitzpatrick so taking guys like Jay Fiedler and Ryan Fitzpatrick who were undrafted free agents or seventh round picks and making them serviceable quarterbacks to me shows he’s a heck of a teacher.

Lol he’s accurate but inconsistent. Good one

sounds like something I would say. But I do think its something that can improve with the right staff. Do we have the right staff? I dont know.
I don't think you can ever make a guy who isn't accurate accurate. You can only set up your offense and coach him to make throws you know he can make and prevent him from taking too many chances.

It's like the NBA. If a guy isn't really a good 3 point shooter, you're going to stop him from taking so many off the dribble 3s and just shove him in the corner and have him wait. His percentage will go up and it will "look" like he's better, but he isn't.

I don't think you can ever make a guy who isn't accurate accurate. You can only set up your offense and coach him to make throws you know he can make and prevent him from taking too many chances.

It's like the NBA. If a guy isn't really a good 3 point shooter, you're going to stop him from taking so many off the dribble 3s and just shove him in the corner and have him wait. His percentage will go up and it will "look" like he's better, but he isn't.

Herbert isn't Josh Allen inaccurate. Herbert just has inconsistent footwork which causes inaccuracy. Its something that has already improved and can continue to get better.

Herbert isn't Josh Allen inaccurate. Herbert just has inconsistent footwork which causes inaccuracy. Its something that has already improved and can continue to get better.

his body mechanics can be awful, doesn’t lock in his front arm his hips and head move a lot and really hasnt shown touch and feel at all three levels like others.

Wonder if our coaching staff thinks they can fix all that?

I don't know how you can consider him getting better. His highest accuracy was when he was a sophomore and he has consistently not been great at the deep ball throughout his college career including his senior year.

At least we know Herbert is a good kid. Remember that time he gave a fan the ball in the Auburn game? Was impressive to see, from the 30 and got it into the 3rd row. Elite arm.
If not for a strong wind blowing in that makes it to the upper deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom